Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strawberry Plant - v1.2 (5th Nov 2015)

by douglasveiga Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 7:50 AM - Updated 6th Nov 2015 at 12:53 AM by douglasveiga

321 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 128 Feedback Posts, 192 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 8:28 AM
How do you add a new receipe with a recoloured mesh?! Super!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:26 AM
Doug, you've done it again - created something unique and amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 10:10 AM
I wanted this since base game came out! THANKS!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 10:20 AM
Strawberrys!!! I love new meals for my Sims. Can a Sim buy a strawberry in the grocery store?
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 10:44 AM
Thanks Everybody!

Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Strawberrys!!! I love new meals for my Sims. Can a Sim buy a strawberry in the grocery store?

Yes, you can

Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
How do you add a new receipe with a recoloured mesh?! Super!!

To create a new ApplePie, use KeyLimePie as base:
1-open the FullBuild0.package and extract all the files with "KeyLime" name, in a folder;
2a-Put all the files in a new package;
2b-rename all the files with a unique intuitive name (don't forget to hash the Instance name) ; for example: 'foodServeKeyLimePie' becomes 'foodServeApplePie';
3-Modify the Mesh or replace the textures from all the extracted MODL files as you wish;
4-Extract the "RecipeMasterList" file from gameplay.package.
5-Open the "RecipeMasterList", duplicate the KeyLimePie Recipe information and replace all the 'KeyLimePie' values to 'ApplePie', and 'Lime' (Ingredient) to 'Apple';
6-Put the "RecipeMasterList" in a new package;
7-save it and test it in your game.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:11 AM
This looks great - thank you. I have a question about the recipe masterlist instruction in your post 6; you mean copy the whole recipe list? Does that mean that there can be only one recipe master list? So this is a bit like a highlander mod (there can be only one)?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:44 AM
Awesome.thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 12:07 PM
Thankyou so very much !!!!!!!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
This looks great - thank you. I have a question about the recipe masterlist instruction in your post 6; you mean copy the whole recipe list? Does that mean that there can be only one recipe master list? So this is a bit like a highlander mod (there can be only one)?

Actually not. Well, I told to create a copy of the masterlist to make it easier to test. In my mod, I created a small script to load the new recipe/plant/ingredient without touching the original xmls.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 12:51 PM
:blink: This is GROUNDBREAKING! (laugh at the pun, go on :giggler: )
You're a WIZARD; thanks! :gjob:
No pressure or anything, but omg if you could make more fruits/veggies like this gardening would take on a whole new level of Awesome.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 12:51 PM
Thank you douglas - so is there a possibility that that that script can be available to other creators to make custom food? It seems like a very cool approach, I am unsure what tutorials there are for custom foods in TS3 (I don't create for or play TS3 anymore but this seems a very cool mod).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Thank you douglas - so is there a possibility that that that script can be available to other creators to make custom food? It seems like a very cool approach, I am unsure what tutorials there are for custom foods in TS3 (I don't create for or play TS3 anymore but this seems a very cool mod).

fine, I will post it at Modding Discussion.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:10 PM
Wow!! The first CC harvest plant!! :lovestruc

Can you make a palm mesh for the bananas??

Sorry, for my bad English
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:17 PM
Thank you so much for this great mod! You never cease to amaze me. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:43 PM
Can you translate it in other languages? I can help you.
One Minute Ninja'd
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:48 PM
This is a really terrific piece of creative work! Thanks for your efforts.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:54 PM
This is beyond awesome! Not only is it a new fruit, but the plant actually looks like a strawberry plant. Please make more.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:06 PM
How cool is this?!! Thank you so very much. {{love}}
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:10 PM
Oh my, thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:12 PM
Thankies, just what we need huggies....
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:14 PM
Looks and Works Great in game! Brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:15 PM
Woah, this is awesome! You are the absolute best! I've been wanting strawberries forever! I was really hoping they would come with Seasons.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:22 PM
This is lovely, we've definitely been needing new foods and plantables!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:31 PM
SO great! Thank you!
Page 1 of 13