Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 5:02 PM
Default Would You Live On Mars?
I saw where they are sending people to live on Mars, but they won't bring you back, it's a one way ticket. Would you go to be the first people to live on mars?

I don't see why not, I really don't have a life here, except I'd miss my sims.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 5:36 PM
Well no, I probably wouldn't live on Mars. There's no oxygen there.

I probably wouldn't go with that company. Not really interested in being on reality TV. But in general, I'd like to try it out.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 5:40 PM
Sounds intriguing, being away from all those idiots I have to life with, but I´ll rather wait a few more years. Once the first, functional colonies are built on Mars I´ll think about truly leaving for Mars. Then again, such a trip will take a lot of money...
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 7:23 PM
I wouldn't want to be one of the first because it might go really wrong and then I couldn't come back. But once people proved its as good as Earth, maybe :D
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klk01
I don't see why not, I really don't have a life here, except I'd miss my sims.

Life on Mars would probably feel like Sims (basegame), except you won't have pizza or chinese food delivery.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 11:23 PM
I can't see me walking around in a desert wearing a space suit, so no. I also rely heavily on having usable water supplies... (cough DW cough - and yes, it's TV, but still... *shudders* Ain't gonna go to Mars anyway!).

In any case, Mars probably won't be liveable until I'm around pension age or thereabout, and by then I'm probably still content to stay on Earth.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 11:49 PM
In a word, yes. Child of the 60s and 70s space programmes, I'd go at the drop of a hat. Problem is, they very (very) likely wouldn't have me - too old and decrepit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 12:08 AM
Hell no. I want to make a meaningful impact on selected bits of society. I can't do that from Mars.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#9 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 12:24 AM
Absolutely. I want internet access though. Can't live in the country without some internet.
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 12:38 AM
I saw the articles you're talking about. A bunch of people who hate their lives on earth so much they're willing to not look back forced onto a dead rock planet, never to return, little communication to planet earth and you're on a reality TV show. Sounds like my personal hell. At least it would be short lived, I imagine within few months it would end in a mass murder-suicide or free for all Hunger Games style battle.

From a viewers' stand point that would be television gold though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 1:15 AM
No, I am sure it would be quite horrible, with disgusting space food, uncomfortable suits and no internet connection. You would end up locked into some kind of space port with people you disliked. Somehow I don't think it would be rosy like "Lost in Space". Although like Maxon, I'm way too old and decrepit, they would take one look and toss me out. I like my comfort.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#12 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:34 AM
Plus, think about it. On every "reality" show, they have one character that is a bitch/bastard. They are whiny, conniving, two faced individuals who border on psychopathic tendencies. This is great for ratings. NOT so great for being stuck on a planet with.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 4:07 AM
I would not go, but there are people for whom I would participate in a collection to pay for a ticket.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 4:18 AM
Lol, like we were for all those English convicts 200 years ago. Ship all the crims off to mars, I like that idea.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 4:46 AM
Can we also send off all the crappy animals? Like nobody gives a shit about magpies and crabs and cane toads. Let's ship them off to Mars. Put them in the arena we send all of earth's dregs to and have a full on Hunger Games battle to watch. Quick! Let's start a Kick Stater for this.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Lol, like we were for all those English convicts 200 years ago. Ship all the crims off to mars, I like that idea.

So Mars will end up being just like Australia but with a colder climate.
Scholar
#17 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
So Mars will end up being just like Australia but with a colder climate.

And minus all the *cough*dangerous*cough* pretty animals. Oh but tell me if there are some cute fauna there, then I'll consider moving to Mars. Is it free?

Hey there! :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 12:51 PM
No, you have to pay for the spaceship yourself.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
No, you have to pay for the spaceship yourself.

I thought if they ship you there for entertainment (or science) it's supposed to be free? Anyway, they need to first be able to extract water from Mars otherwise the show will be rather short lived.
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:06 PM
I wouldn't live there, because there would be no horses, and I can't live without horses!
Scholar
#21 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 3:07 PM
Hell no.At first it's atmosphere is not suitable for life.Second thing is that people will be like a experimental rats - always on watch.The whole world will know what they eating,with what they are sleeping,I think someone really can go crazy because of this.Also when things go wrong(always left chance that something bad can happen) we just be able to watch they suffer and do nothing,cuz the ticket only to one side.
Theorist
#22 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 3:35 PM
Eh, if people "always want to watch" me then that's great. Everyone take a good, long hard look. So what? I'd be so far away from giving a shit anymore...and I'd be on Mars! While everyone else was stressing about my terrible personal habits, I'd be in the history books with my terrible person habits, so screw 'em.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#23 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 5:16 PM
I'm just imagining the kind of records in the history books that Mistermook might set. So far, I've come up with:

- First person on Mars to scratch his "area" in public.
- First person on Mars to dance naked.
- First person on Mars to do the watusi. (see #2)
- First person on Mars to leave a "Silent, But Deadly".
- First person on Mars to get "voted off the island".
- Last person on Mars to survive. (Take THAT, suckers!)
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 6:37 PM
*light bulb* we should make our Sims go to Mars and have them do the TV show!!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 8:13 PM
Nope.
I think i'd die without sims and cheese,if i had a chance to live up there ._.
Page 1 of 2