Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
50/50 would be an unrealistic portion. All of LGBTI combined wouldn't make half of the population. Unless that's not what you meant; in which case, disregard that.

Something like DA:I's representation would be perfect. One gay, one lesbian, one pansexual, one trans, one bisexual, and the rest hetero. It feels inclusive without being too "in your face" like some has commented.
Advertisement
Instructor
#177 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:47 PM
I don't know if this counts as 'premade', but my townie file always has families with two women and a child in it. I never play them so I don't know if they are a family.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:55 PM Last edited by MLMII : 6th Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to end with the joke I wanted.
I believe you are probably referring to Sims 4 over favoring creating the following family... (I remember seeing a mod on here that is supposed to do something about it but I haven't tested it out yet.)

YA (Mother)
Teen (Daughter)
Child (Son)

Almost feels like a Disney movie.
Forum Resident
#179 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 9:19 PM
I like the suggestion that transgender Sims should be included. Sims can become seemingly anything else, so it's sort of weird that my Alien Zombie Vampire Wizard can only ever be a man or a woman and can't (officially) transition from one sex to another if they identified as such.

And I wish Sims would be automatically generated with varying sexual preferences, but I understand the reasons for taking the "blank slate" approach. Sure would be nice to have as a configurable option though.
One Minute Ninja'd
#180 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
And I wish Sims would be automatically generated with varying sexual preferences, but I understand the reasons for taking the "blank slate" approach. Sure would be nice to have as a configurable option though.

While i haven't heard of it yet for TS4, there was a selection available in Twallan's MasterController that let you set gender preference, male or female, with either positive or negative values for attraction. You could set it individually, or by household, or even whole population segments by selecting the criteria you wished to use. Obviously, a positive male gender, negative female would be a sim attracted to men, or if both values were positive, a bisexual preference was established. Now, those values could still be "overcome" if the relationship levels between the were high enough, and you actively directed the flirtation, but they did serve to establish some basic attraction scores that ran true. I expect there will be at some point some similar tool for TS4, either as a standalone, or as part of a "utility" suite, like MC was.
Forum Resident
#181 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 11:47 PM
I would prefer something like ACR where we could "toggle" the percentage of sexuality within a hood. That would allow plenty of choice for people to decide how much or how little it should effect their gameplay. For me I would create a much higher portion of bi/pan sims since I myself am bi. I want sexuality to be an option that's more hard coded like traits are. Obviously they would be cheats to change it, but for me it has always been and always will be. I don't want to suddenly become "straight" to the game because I married a dude or suddenly become "lesbian" because I married a chick.
Field Researcher
#182 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
While i haven't heard of it yet for TS4, there was a selection available in Twallan's MasterController that let you set gender preference, male or female, with either positive or negative values for attraction. You could set it individually, or by household, or even whole population segments by selecting the criteria you wished to use. Obviously, a positive male gender, negative female would be a sim attracted to men, or if both values were positive, a bisexual preference was established. Now, those values could still be "overcome" if the relationship levels between the were high enough, and you actively directed the flirtation, but they did serve to establish some basic attraction scores that ran true. I expect there will be at some point some similar tool for TS4, either as a standalone, or as part of a "utility" suite, like MC was.

You could set gender preference too in TS4. Someone here made a mod for that (I think scumbumbo?). But the thing is in TS4 the maximum threshold is just -100 - 100. I suspect this is not strong enough, or something is fucked up with the gender preference altogether. Because I would ocassionally come back to families after weeks of not playing to see them establishing a flirtation with someone incongruous of their sexuality. Basically all sims in TS4 are bisexuals.
Instructor
#183 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MLMII
I believe you are probably referring to Sims 4 over favoring creating the following family... (I remember seeing a mod on here that is supposed to do something about it but I haven't tested it out yet.)

YA (Mother)
Teen (Daughter)
Child (Son)

Almost feels like a Disney movie.

The one I keep seeing is two old women and a girl that looks nothing like either of them.
Page 8 of 8