Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 7:58 PM Last edited by xPennyxTallyx : 5th Apr 2014 at 5:09 PM. Reason: Edit to Double Throws
Default The Unlucky Dice Challenge
Story

All your sim life you have been unlucky and a bit of a loser, your lovely partner and kids -though the best things that ever happened to you- are just as unlucky and lose out just as often...

Rules

- Have 2 dice nearby when playing this challenge.
- Roll when told to... (You know who you are...)
- Give all family members the unlucky and loser trait (It's sort of the point for things to go bad for them)
- Have knowledge of how to use familyfunds

Making your family
You will need one of your dice for this part.

Parents

- Hair Colour
1 - Black 2 - Blonde 3 - Ginger 4 - Brunette 5 - Custom 6 - Roll again

- Eye Colour
1 - Green 2 - Gray 3 - Blue 4 - Brown 5 - Custom 6 - Roll again

- Lifetime wish
1 - 1st option 2 - 2nd option 3 - 3rd option 4 - 4th option 5 - 5th option 6 - Custom

Children

- Number of children
1 to 5 - have the corresponding number of children 6 - Roll again

- Age of child (Per child if you have more than one)
1 to 2 - Toddler 3 to 4 - Child 5 to 6 - Teen

Pets (Optional & 1 maximum)

- Type
1 or 4 - Cat 3 or 5 - Dog 2 or 6 - Horse

- Temperament (Examples given using horse traits)
1 to 2 - Mean (E.g. Ornery, Nervous & Aggressive)
3 to 4 - Mixed (A mix of mean & Nice traits)
5 to 6 - Nice (E.g. Neat, Obedient & Friendly)

Playing your family

Finding Work
When you send one of you sim's to get a job he must have an 'interview'. Essentially when you get that little pop-up screen you must roll to see if you can click accept. You sim can only apply for a job 3 times a week.
Odd - Unsuccessful (Click Cancel) Even - Successful (Click Accept)

The Weekly Rolls
For this part you need two dice, when you roll your dice you add the numbers on the dice together and go to the correct number on the list. E.g. If you roll a 4 & 3 you would add the numbers together (4 + 3 = 7) In this case I would go to number 7 and play that number in my game. No double throws. However, if you roll two of the same number you skip this part and go to Double Throws.

2. One of your children has kicked a football through the neighbours window. Now you need to pay for repairs. (-$250)
3. Your Eldest has been dumped by their first partner. Buy them some Ice Cream to make them feel better. (-$50)
4. Your Youngest (school age) Child has been involved in a fight ... and lost. They seem to think that something is broken, to A&E. (-$100)
5. Head-lice! Buy the nit-combs and special shampoos. (-$50)
6. Someone lost their phone. Buy a new one. (-$250)
7. Your Eldest is failing. Ground them until they improve. (2 days)
8. Dad gets fired! It takes 2 weeks to get an interview (Refer to finding work)
9. Mum got mugged on her way home from the weekly shop. (-$100)
10. You got a call from the bank, they've accidentally put someone else's money in your account. (Lose half your money)
11. Your child accidentally blew up the science classroom during an experiment. Now you have to pay for repairs. (-$5000)
12. Tragedy! A member of the family just died. Buy them a nice Headstone. (-$500 and kill a sim)

Double Throws
Here be some good things.

2 + 2 - Your Eldest wins a contest (+$100)
3 + 3 - School spelling champion (+$50)
4 + 4 - You win the lottery (+$2500)
5 + 5 - Your inheritance comes in (+$10,000)

Good Luck and Any Questions?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 9:27 PM
Seems like fun. Is there a goal?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 9:43 PM Last edited by xPennyxTallyx : 25th May 2014 at 8:03 PM. Reason: New Goal
Until further notice the goal of this challenge is

Goal: To have fun.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 11:54 PM
could i just use the ice cream truck from Island Paradiso
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 1:17 AM
I don't get it am i missing something here? From what i gather we get a dice and roll and whatever number it comes up as you have to play that number. In the game we cant make some one mug someone can we.. Therefore all we are doing is rolling dice and deducting money or adding money via family funds cheat? ...
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:34 AM
This is brilliant! I love the idea so much, but I would recommend certain things. Maybe for unlucky accidents such as "Mum got mugged", you have to get her into a fight with someone you know is in the Criminal Career and then they can "steal" the money. These are just suggestions to make it a bit more hands on. Also, maybe each day could also have a goal? But I'm definitely trying this out later tonight
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:58 AM
How are you supposed to roll a two or a twelve without a double throw?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keepsims
could i just use the ice cream truck from Island Paradiso

I don't see any harm in it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
How are you supposed to roll a two or a twelve without a double throw?

Good point... I shouldn't post things without reading them through. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calientedama
I don't get it am i missing something here? From what i gather we get a dice and roll and whatever number it comes up as you have to play that number. In the game we cant make some one mug someone can we.. Therefore all we are doing is rolling dice and deducting money or adding money via family funds cheat? ...

In a nutshell, yes. That is why you need to know how to use familyfunds. I would also like to point out that you can't blow up the school either, these are just wildcards that are ready to ruin your sims week... or bankrupt them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xPennyxTallyx
In a nutshell, yes. That is why you need to know how to use familyfunds. I would also like to point out that you can't blow up the school either, these are just wildcards that are ready to ruin your sims week... or bankrupt them.

okay i get it. It does sound interesting. But i don't have dice lol so i cant do it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 1:14 PM
okay i get it. It does sound interesting. But i don't have dice lol so i cant do it.

Before I bought dice when it came to challenges I used to write the numbers 1 - 6 and put them in a bag. I suppose, you really really have to want to play the challenge to do that though...
Instructor
#13 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 3:10 PM

Or you could just use a random number generator, and adjust it to fit this challenge. I don't have time to go digging through a bunch of games looking for dice, so that's what I'll be doing.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:34 PM
I really like it Good job!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 1:48 PM
Bump...
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th May 2014 at 4:38 PM
If the bank accidentally puts money into your account, it is now yours as they are not allowed to take it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th May 2014 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kitkat911
If the bank accidentally puts money into your account, it is now yours as they are not allowed to take it out.

I'm Sorry?
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th May 2014 at 8:36 PM
oh cool this is so wicked
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grav3yardgirl224
oh cool this is so wicked

Thanks

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kitkat911

I'm Sorry?

When a bank accidentally puts money into your account they cannot reclaim it as it is their error, so that money stays yours. I'm gonna switch 12 and 10 because you can't get a 12 without throwing a double anyway. I'll just remove 2.

Sounds like fun though
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:11 PM
Hey, I'm going to replace 4 with something else, my sims have the nhs my family started with one child so if I roll a 4 I'm going to have "Contraception stopped working, have a baby" :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blakaty
Hey, I'm going to replace 4 with something else, my sims have the nhs my family started with one child so if I roll a 4 I'm going to have "Contraception stopped working, have a baby" :P

The NHS? Where did you get that?

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:42 PM
The NHS? Where did you get that?

It's not part of the game, I just want to make it harder on myself by possibly introducing more children.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:56 PM
Hi! I'm the creator of the do it as you go challenge, I was just wondering if this is at all based on it... If It is then all I ask is that you put in the fine print where you got inspiration for this challenge, I don't care if you make it or anything. ^^ It's very fun sounding! I think I'l give it a try if you don't mind! (Can I post pictures?)
Instructor
#25 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyzrulz
Hi! I'm the creator of the do it as you go challenge, I was just wondering if this is at all based on it... If It is then all I ask is that you put in the fine print where you got inspiration for this challenge, I don't care if you make it or anything. ^^ It's very fun sounding! I think I'l give it a try if you don't mind! (Can I post pictures?)

I've read both of the challenges, and I honestly don't see much similarity. This one is more of trying to keep afloat with all the bad luck, while yours is more like randomizing every action.
And I don't see why not on the pictures!
(Of course, I'm not the creator, so you can ignore my rambling if you like. ^-^)
Page 1 of 2