Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2014 at 11:57 PM
Default How do you think sims would look like with CC?
There are a lot of theories, and I don't remember seeing a thread that is detected to this subject. Here's some of them:

Which one do you think is the closet one to what would sims will look like with CC?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th May 2014 at 12:31 AM
This one:

Theorist
#3 Old 25th May 2014 at 9:06 PM
I have faith that all the modders that will be working on TS4 will do a fabulous job of making these newest sims look fantastic. I still want CASt though. I'm not looking forward to doing the old TS2 route of downloading a kajillion recolours for every single item and have my downloads folder blow up.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2014 at 9:29 PM
And this is what I expect from ts5 or if not then from ts6 (if EA is willing to do those sequels).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TP4L1vHfpk

Those characters look realistic and funny at the same time, their personality can be seen and the "emotions" can be expressed trough their complexs but smooth animations. If it is done now, why can't it be done with ts4. Probably because the sims needs to differ frome other games by it's style. And I suppose that if the game looked like that no CC moders would exist in first place, and the sims community would fall apart.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 25th May 2014 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
And this is what I expect from ts5 or if not then from ts6 (if EA is willing to do those sequels).

Those characters look realistic and funny at the same time, their personality can be seen and the "emotions" can be expressed trough their complexs but smooth animations. If it is done now, why can't it be done with ts4. Probably because the sims needs to differ frome other games by it's style. And I suppose that if the game looked like that no CC moders would exist in first place, and the sims community would fall apart.

Well, you would certainly put a dent in the hair folks business with the ability to manipulate hair right in CAS like that. Obviously, the overall look is completely different, but hell, nice hair and facial sculpting tools on that one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th May 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr

I know this video but it amazes me how good it looks everytime. The hair animation, the hair itself, the skin... everything. I really hope TS5 or TS6 will have features like that!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th May 2014 at 4:04 AM
pleeeeaaaaseee. i'm already over how overly cartoony they look. like, when i first looked at them, i was like 'okay. a little cartoony, but it's just different, i'll get used to it.' now? i see them and i think it's from one of the games my bf's 5 year old niece plays. they're so...flat. at first i thought being able to tug on their butts to make them bigger would be worth the crappier appearance but now i'm not so sure. i need more than moldable butts.
Space Pony
#8 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:13 AM
The question is, will SIMs 4 even be moddable? Seeing as EA will force "always online" for this game.

They've even eliminated full customization from the game by removing "Create a Style" to accommodate this crappy move didn't they?

And what pisses me off even more is that there are actually a few CC creators who brazenly say that they've quit making CC for TS3 in preparation for TS4 even though the game hasn't even come out yet :P

http://simminglyfun.blogspot.com/20...n-download.html

Quote:
As much as I hate to do this, I have to admit that I am one of the devoted simmers who have given up on The Sims 3. I just couldn't take all the lags, bugs, and glitches that plague my game whenever I am playing or testing out my new custom content.

So he/she says and yet on Facebook he/she admits he/she doesn't use mods, namely nraas mods to get around those bugs & lags he/she encounters in game :P

https://www.facebook.com/SimsPinoy

I can't give you the precise link to our conversation on the topic because I do not know how to copy facebook links to individual posts from people on a Facebook fan page but it is easy to locate as I was the topic starter. To find it find my post on the "Recent posts by others" section & it is the topic regarding using nraas "NoCD" to run the game.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2014 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
So he/she says and yet on Facebook he/she admits he/she doesn't use mods, namely nraas mods to get around those bugs & lags he/she encounters in game :P

Well really, they shouldn't HAVE to. Especially if all they're doing is making and testing CC. I've never made CC for TS3, but with 2, I always test the stuff in an empty AnyGameStarter. The only mods I'll use then are possibly ones to allow me to buy clothes at home. If I'm playing the game, I'll absolutely use mods, but when I'm testing, I want as little stuff in there as possible to cut down on possible conflicts. There's lots of gamebreaking bugs in an unmodded game, but at least with TS2, not having the mods doesn't make the whole thing unplayable.
Space Pony
#10 Old 30th May 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Well really, they shouldn't HAVE to. Especially if all they're doing is making and testing CC.

Granted, but you definitely SHOULDN'T play TS3 without any of nraas' mods to begin with especially the nraas overwatch + errortrap combo and StoryProgression which we all agree does a far superior job than with EA standard.

Also encourage people to use nraas "NoCD" instead of encouraging people on your blog & or on Facebook to use cracks & other illegal methods to play the game as that's what the person is actually doing.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th May 2014 at 4:33 PM
Also encourage people to use nraas "NoCD" instead of encouraging people on your blog & or on Facebook to use cracks & other illegal methods to play the game as that's what the person is actually doing.

Nraas NoCD isn't a crack?
Space Pony
#12 Old 31st May 2014 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Nraas NoCD isn't a crack?

It's a mod, not a crack which is why it's use is highly recommended by the community.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 31st May 2014 at 12:20 PM
It's a mod, not a crack which is why it's use is highly recommended by the community.

Let me rephrase it, don't they serve the same purpose?
Site Helper
#14 Old 31st May 2014 at 8:22 PM
If you are using a crack, you are less likely to have a legally purchased CD. However, if you do have one, then yes, they would serve the same purpose of letting you keep the original CD in a safe place where it is less likely to get fingerprints, scratches, or dried, spilled cola all over it, as well as letting you run a music CD while playing the Sims. But the mod is safer to use, and has the added advantage of actually being legal.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you are using a crack, you are less likely to have a legally purchased CD. However, if you do have one, then yes, they would serve the same purpose of letting you keep the original CD in a safe place where it is less likely to get fingerprints, scratches, or dried, spilled cola all over it, as well as letting you run a music CD while playing the Sims. But the mod is safer to use, and has the added advantage of actually being legal.

So they're the same thing.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st May 2014 at 10:04 PM
Let me put it this way...a crack requires replacing original program files to play the game and if you need to patch you will need to put the original files back for the patch to go through.

NoCD mod doesn't alter the original program files, safe to keep in the mod folder when you patch and don't require saving files to put back/take out, saving steps and lots of headaches.

Yes they do the same thing, don't know if it's illegal to use, but I sure do depend on it while playing my games.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#17 Old 31st May 2014 at 10:23 PM
Using the NoCD is equivalent to using the NO Maxis intro mod. It shouldn't be illegal if you have the disk or digital game in the first place. I use this because if something happens badly to one of my CDs or any digital stuff the chances are it won't work anymore. I like to keep my things nice and somewhat in mint condition. Games ain't cheap anymore and when it come to games and other stuff I always want a bang for-every-buck. Plus I want to save money.
Alchemist
#18 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:24 PM
To be honest custom content hair looks pretty bad in the beginning and the quality of custom content hair increases for every year since the base game has been released.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:30 PM
My only wish is that they will not be blurry. TS3 sims were blurry with or without CC so whatever CC was used didn't make much difference.
Scholar
#20 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
My only wish is that they will not be blurry. TS3 sims were blurry with or without CC so whatever CC was used didn't make much difference.
This is so true, the only fix for the blurriness was that you had to get a HQ mod. which I don't understand that in the sims 2 some very good CC creators can create crisp textures with no problem. The Sims 3 on the other hand, while very good CC creators can create great stuff but still have a bit of a texture problem without a HQ mod.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Yes they do the same thing, don't know if it's illegal to use, but I sure do depend on it while playing my games.

If cracks are illegal I don't see why this mod wouldn't be. Not all game cracks (other than Sims) replace the executable you know, or even replace anything at all.

If it's used to bypass the authentication process (which in the case of The Sims 3 retail it's inserting the disc) then it is what's commonly referred to as a crack. Just cause the MTS policy is ok with it doesn't make it anything else.
Space Pony
#22 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 8:44 PM
If cracks are illegal I don't see why this mod wouldn't be. Not all game cracks (other than Sims) replace the executable you know, or even replace anything at all.

If it's used to bypass the authentication process (which in the case of The Sims 3 retail it's inserting the disc) then it is what's commonly referred to as a crack. Just cause the MTS policy is ok with it doesn't make it anything else.

FYI, Anti-virus software detects cracks as harmful threats to your system because they modify game files in dubious ways, whereas nraas "NoCD" doesn't.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 2:15 AM
FYI, Anti-virus software detects cracks as harmful threats to your system

And where is that written?

they modify game files in dubious ways, whereas nraas "NoCD" doesn't.

Why, because MTS is ok with it? The fact that people who endorse Nraas NoCD don't get banned from MTS has somehow altered it's coding? And the very fiber of reality and all that?

There are many cracks out there. Each made by different people. Some are destructive, others aren't, but they all share the same purpose, and Nraas NoCD is one of them.

Also, the only thing dumber than an anti-virus is the person who uses it. Seriously? Do you really need some overpriced software to slap you over the hand every time you do anything even remotely dangerous?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:13 AM
Wow, you sure like to argue.

The fact that people who endorse Nraas NoCD don't get banned from MTS has somehow altered it's coding?

You are the only one saying that. I'm sure you understand what the point is: people use that mod to keep their CD's safe and because honestly is annoying to put it everytime you wish to play. If you don't find it annoying, then fine. Different people different opinions. Can it be used to play the game ilegally? Yes. But that wasn't the purpouse of it, (still isn't) and people rather use cracks (even when they don't know how to use them) than this mods. Also, people still think you really need to heavily "crack" the game to play it illegally and not many know you can actualy play it ilegally with this mod.

There are many cracks out there. Each made by different people. Some are destructive, others aren't, but they all share the same purpose, and Nraas NoCD is one of them.

I am also sure you understand the difference between a mod and a crack. So by definition: no. Nraas is not a crack.

Also, the only thing dumber than an anti-virus is the person who uses it. Seriously? Do you really need some overpriced software to slap you over the hand every time you do anything even remotely dangerous?

Why do you feel the need to call someone "dumb"? Shouldn't be better to educate and not name calling? Also, there are free antivirus out there, so people don't actually have to pay for some overpriced antivirus.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:34 AM
Page 1 of 3