Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Insect Wings (Fairy Replacements)

by Eternal2ndKira Posted 18th Jun 2014 at 4:01 AM

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:13 AM
Excellent replacements. Yours are much more detailed looking than the ones that come with the game.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:31 AM
these are so pretty! thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 5:34 AM
Very beautiful and indeed way more detailed, which I like. I might actually give fairies a shot now. Great work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 1:43 PM
I've been looking for some good fairy wing replacements. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:49 PM
Thanks for the wings. The original bumblebee wing has two dds. One for the wing and one for the glowing shadow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mechpuppe82
Thanks for the wings. The original bumblebee wing has two dds. One for the wing and one for the glowing shadow.

OH. That's what it was...I should probably put that back in, then?

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 7:20 AM
Thanks you! THANK YOU! I've been waiting for someone to make moth wings! They're one of my favorite animals!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 10:34 AM
I tried to make something like this, but sorta failed... I think I've just fallen in love with you.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 11:33 AM
Love it, great work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 2:14 PM
This is amazing well done!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 3:27 PM
These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 10:29 PM
Thanks so much, these are way more pretty than the originals!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 2:19 AM
Check the bumblebee file from Merkabas invisible wings. This file has the two dds.

Sorry, for my bad English
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 11:49 PM
I like these, but I also like some of the originals. Is it possible to make custom wings without needing to replace the old ones?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bookaboo
I like these, but I also like some of the originals. Is it possible to make custom wings without needing to replace the old ones?

As far as I know, you cannot. However, you can replace certain ones you don't like and leave the default ones you do like alone.

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mechpuppe82
Check the bumblebee file from Merkabas invisible wings. This file has the two dds.

Sorry, for my bad English

Your English is good, actually. I made this mod from scratch instead of using Merkaba's files so I will try to go back and edit them when I can. I'll be away for two weeks so it won't be fixed until then.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 3:25 AM
Thank you for redoing these as default replacements!
Instructor
#19 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 10:49 AM Last edited by Le Carrera : 24th Jun 2014 at 11:01 AM.
I've managed to successfully change the "Swirly" wings myself, so I think I can help - the thing is, the texture is very finicky about format. When you make a new texture, the dimensions (128x256 in this case) should not be changed (this texture in particular did not take kindly to being resized). The width and height of DDS images must always be a multiple of 4 - i.e 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, and so on, or the texture is very likely to misbehave. Also, when saving the DDS, the compression should be set to DXT 5, the same compression that the original texture uses.

However, my own retexture of this wing didn't pan out so well - it is difficult to see it ingame, because the default wing's swirly FX cover a lot of it up. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any of the files that control the VFX for the default wings.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 10:07 AM
WOW ! So cute ! Thx girl !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:21 PM
thankyou for uploading, but where do I put the file? I looked up the link to the installation guide, but it said to unzip the .rar folder, but the .rar file I got when I downloaded this mod was a single file, not a folder, and didn't give me an option to unzip or open it, what should I do?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by animeamber
thankyou for uploading, but where do I put the file? I looked up the link to the installation guide, but it said to unzip the .rar folder, but the .rar file I got when I downloaded this mod was a single file, not a folder, and didn't give me an option to unzip or open it, what should I do?

Strange...I'd say to try redownloading it or using one of the download links on my tumblr, listed in the download description.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
I've managed to successfully change the "Swirly" wings myself, so I think I can help - the thing is, the texture is very finicky about format. When you make a new texture, the dimensions (128x256 in this case) should not be changed (this texture in particular did not take kindly to being resized). The width and height of DDS images must always be a multiple of 4 - i.e 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, and so on, or the texture is very likely to misbehave. Also, when saving the DDS, the compression should be set to DXT 5, the same compression that the original texture uses.

However, my own retexture of this wing didn't pan out so well - it is difficult to see it ingame, because the default wing's swirly FX cover a lot of it up. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any of the files that control the VFX for the default wings.

Thanks so much for the info but I think it's just the FX bothering me for the most part. :/turning that off without taffecting the others would be great, though.

THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 5:38 PM
(: thnxs
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:38 AM
thanks
Page 1 of 2