Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 7:56 PM
Default Sleep in underwear or pajamas?
My sims almost always in pajamas. Such a conserved people. How about you? Your sims do they sleep in undies or pj's?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:13 PM
undies in summer and spring and pjs in winter and autumn
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:30 PM
Undies during the day, pyjamas at night.
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:30 PM
I let them choose, and the majority of them tend to opt for pajamas.

All I ever do is make sure they have the appropriate attire based on the season, because who wants to wear their flannels in the middle of summer.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:34 PM
Whichever option my cursor happens to be closer to when I click on a bed, lol. I suppose it depends on the Sim in question though. Pajamas for my quiet, shy Sims and undies for my more boisterous and... IDK, confident Sims?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:42 PM
Most of the time it's usually pajamas, unless I was feeling quite generous in letting my Sims have some... erm, intimate moments instead of a quiet, comfortable night. Somehow that doesn't make sense. Normally, outgoing or active Sims sleep in undies while shy and lazy Sims sleep in pajamas. Fat Sims always sleep in pajamas, Fit Sims have a higher chance of getting to sleep in their undies.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 8:54 PM
Whatever floats their boat. My sims are a bunch of underwear sleepers on their own. Even kids and teens.

It's kind of creepy.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:31 PM
Almost always in PJ's, except after woohoo-ing, which by default they sleep in undies.
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:03 PM
Mine are mostly told to wear their PJ's by me, but some sneaky ones put underwear on and try to nip into bed before I notice! They're allowed after woohoo though, then the morning after they walk downstairs and everyone's like "We know what you've been doing!"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
Moslty PJ's, but I don't bother changing them for the season. Sometimes undies or naked, definitely naked after a woohoo. Naked might be a mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:18 PM
Same as most, I prefer PJs. Not out of any kind of moral reasons, it's simply that I think 99.9% of underwear in Sims is ugly. The maxis content is fugly, and it's very hard to find custom ones that aren't overly sexy, tiny, photo-skinned or just seriously uncomfortable looking. When I sleep, I like to be comfortable, and it's much easier to find PJs that fit that category.

Males do more frequently end up in underwear though, because it's much easier to find comfortable looking underwear for them. Also, I have yet to meet a man who doesn't have trouble keeping his clothes (primarily pants) on in private, so that is reflected in that my male Sims tend to favor underwear or pyjamas in the shape of underwear.

Flashy narcissistic Sims may sleep in fancy underwear, but that's like, two sims in my entire hood.

They do change their PJs frequently, at least once per season. In winter it's generally pyjamas in the shape of pants and a shirt, in spring and autumn it may be a medium length night gown or less thick pants with a top, and in summer it's usually something light.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:21 AM
Elders and children mainly in pyjamas. Adults and teens nearly always in undies, especially the males. A few of the females (e.g. Juliette Capp) sleep in short nighties.

When Ravi Bertino had a sleepover with his brother Tricou BJ Shaikh (the Goth), I discovered that siblings (below adult anyway) won't sleep together in underwear in a Maxis bed, so they had to wear their pyjamas. It must have been the first time in years that Ravi had worn his. (Lots of my Sims use ChristianLov's Easy Bed, but BJ wanted something Gothier, so he chose the spiky Maxis four poster.)
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:55 AM
That's the kind of thing I never stopped to think about.
I mean, I am a pajama person, so I assume pajamas are the proper clothing for sleeping... and my Sims do the same.

To me, an old T-shirt may count as pajamas, some male undies would also do the trick, and definetely if they had a babydoll or similar as underwear I would accept that as a pajama (even if the game would not recognize it so). So I guess I could direct some of my pixels to sleep in their undies, depending on how they look.
But... wearing a bra all the night long? Nope, my Sims value comfort too high for that xD
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:40 AM
I always automatically click pj's. Every once in a while I'll think "Why am I making them wear pjs, it's still daytime?" though, but that's rare. Usually I don't really think about it.
To be honest, I don't usually have dressers in every bedroom to put them into everyday, so I always end up with sims walking around in their pyjamas. Better pyjamas than underwear... especially because they like to go out and get the paper in the morning.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:48 AM
I've never seen them sleep in undies except after woohoo. I didn't know that it was even possible autonomously.
Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:48 AM
A lot of mine go for sleeping naked, thanks to a Certain Hack. Even the kids will. How's that for disturbing? (Well, not to me. My parents were "naturalists," so for me nudity is in no way directly related to sex. So to me, sleeping naked is normal for all ages once potty-training has been achieved. "Weird" is wanting to wear to bed clothing that either binds or that's so loose that it bunches up. But I was "raised wrong" according to puritanical American society, so there we are. )

Before I had that certain hack, though, most of my pixels when going to bed autonomously chose underwear. I think it might have something to do with personality? As in, the more outgoing the pixel is, the less clothing the pixel wants to have on at any given time, like how the really outgoing pixels will hop into the hot tub naked? My pixels do tend to be more on the outgoing side, which is why a lot of them like to be naked with the nudist hack in my game, since that hack takes the "the more outgoing the pixel is,, the less clothing they want to have on" thing to an extreme. I don't intentionally make them more outgoing; it's just how they generate, it seems.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:58 AM
PJs unless they're super tired. Then I pretend they're too exhausted to find their pyjamas and just threw their clothes off XD
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 11:07 AM
I don't care much. My sims hardly even sleep, and when they do I usually have a storytelling pupose for what they're getting to bed in. When I once in a while order them to bed, they usually go to sleep in whatever they want to wear.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:45 PM
With couples, I usually have them sleep together naked (especially while in newlywed stage) or in undies unless they're pregnant, then it's pj's. Everyone else sleeps in their pjs until they become teens where they will occasionally sleep in their underwear.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 6:09 AM
Pajamas in the single bed, undies in the double bed. *simple*
Forum Resident
#21 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 12:38 PM
Pajamas in Autumn and Winter Undies in Spring and Summer.
Instructor
#22 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 11:18 PM
Whatever they want or what I think suits their personality/circumstances. Like a lot of others, I tend to form my opinion of what they sleep in based on how outgoing they are.

It's funny. I first thought it was weird that there was an entire clothing category for Underwear. I thought, "It's a game, who cares what the pixels' underwear look like?" Turns out, I do. Now whenever I try to play Sims 3 (that doesn't last long), I feel the need to make two sleepwear, one underwear and one pajama set.
#23 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 11:44 PM
Sometimes it depends on the Sim. I have one couple that often cares for their kids in their underwear and sometimes even naked, so as you can imagine they like to sleep in their undies or naked a lot.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 3:26 AM
Come to think of it. Why would you want to sleep in your undies? I can't wait to get my bra off at night.
#25 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 10:53 PM
I never really think about it when I tell my Sims to go to sleep, most of the time I click PJ's or if they woohoo they automatically go in their undies. Although for certain Sims I always tell them to do one based on their personality or in general based on the season. In the winter where I live I love to wear my footsies (not kidding) and now in the summer I'm sleeping in a sports bra and spandex.
Page 1 of 2