Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 8:28 PM
Default All the things that have been cut!
Confirmed as cut
=============
-No Create-A-Style [Confirmed cannot be added back later]
-No Colour Wheel [Confirmed cannot be added back later]
-No Swimming Pools
-No swimming in the sea/rivers, etc.
-No swimwear
-No Toddlers age stage
-No skin tone slider
-No opacity slider for makeup
-No shopping (Clothes, groceries, etc.)
-No Favourites (food, music, and color)
-No Left handed or right handed sims
-No Dinner proposals
-No Hireable gardeners
-No WooHoo Skill
-No Tragic clown
-No Hot tubs
-No Social bunny
-No Private schools
-No Adoption though townies and NPCs
-No Random deaths
-No Basements
-No Sitting on the arms of chairs, couches etc.
-No 64bit version of the game
-No Storey Progression other than aging, dying and move in/out
-No Rabbit-holes [No Work, Schools, Shops - Sims just vanish from Lot]
-No Trams (They are decor only)
-No Steamboats (They are decor only)
-No Garages
-No Bicycles
-Maximum Lot size now limited to just 50x50
-Loading Screens for Worlds
-Loading Screens Hoods
-Loading Screens for individual Lots/Families
-Only 5 Hoods per World
-Only 1 to 5 lots per Hoods
-So only 9 to 21 lots per World (Most likely 14)
-Only 1 World supplied in Base Game
-All buildings on a Lot get the same foundation (no choice)
-Buildings can only have 3 floors (plus a foundation and a roof)
-Teens, Young Adults, Adults and Elders are all the same height.
-Hair isn't as realistic as TS3
-Textures are blurry and lack bump mapping
-Lots of so called new features are already in The Sims 3
Multi-tasking Sims (The Sims 3 can read and relax in bed, watch TV while chatting, chat in groups, etc)
Emotional moods (currently in the form of Moodlets in The Sims 3)

Unconfirmed but believed to be true
===================================
-No terrain sculpting
-No user creatable ponds
-No split-level homes
-No Cars (They are decor only)
-No Ghosts or any other Supernatural creatures

Cancelled my pre-order as have several of my friends (in fact all of the ones who play The Sims 1, 2, or 3 have)...
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by utterlyunzipped
-Hair isn't as realistic as TS3

Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 8:37 PM
Thanks for the post!
Makes it much easier to see what's been cut.
And I've also cancelled my pre-order. No way i'm ever buying this!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 8:44 PM
So called sim fans will definitely buy TS4, whether on release, a month or a year later.
People who say "I WILL NEVER BUY THIS GAME EVER" make me laugh because it's just not true.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
So called sim fans will definitely buy TS4, whether on release, a month or a year later.
People who say "I WILL NEVER BUY THIS GAME EVER" make me laugh because it's just not true.

If you're meaning me, then I can tell you that I won't flash my money at EA for a half done Base game.
When they've fixed the effing game and added all stuff that should've been there from the beginning, then I might consider getting it if it has good mods and CC.
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:03 PM

You can laugh as much as you want but sometimes it happens that people say and mean something. It's about showing some backbone.
I already decided that I will never ever buy TS4 because the game starts already way to limited (also because it's just a 32bit-game). I don't buy crap. No way. I don't do some other things because of my attitude - and I'm certainly not the only one

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:18 PM
Wait, In Ts4 aren't Garages, Bicycles? Really?
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:31 PM
Confirmed as cut
-No Left handed or right handed sims

There goes my left handed utopia.

-Teens, Young Adults, Adults and Elders are all the same height.

Are they even trying sure does not look that way.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM
I loved the sims since late 1999 when I found some previews in pc magazines, been a player since day 1. Sims 2 was my favourite, and I enjoyed Sims 3 (with mods!).

But Sims 4 totally ruins the series for me, and I won't buy it.

Feeling really depressed right now. :-(
Alchemist
#10 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by asta
I loved the sims since late 1999 when I found some previews in pc magazines, been a player since day 1. Sims 2 was my favourite, and I enjoyed Sims 3 (with mods!).

But Sims 4 totally ruins the series for me, and I won't buy it.

Feeling really depressed right now. :-(

Don't be depressed. Play your old Sims games and be happy.

The Sims 4 is not worth it.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 9:56 PM
they took out the woohoo skill? whatthe hell? lol
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 10:00 PM

I was a huge SimCity fan, even more than the Sims, and I didn't get stuck with SC 2013. So while I'm sure there are those who complain, but still buy it, there are folks who can keep their credit card in their wallet if they so choose.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 10:19 PM
This list looks about right, to my knowledge. I can't think of anything else to add to it.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 10:38 PM
Not sure why you said "cut" as opposed to things that were never going to be in the game in the first place. And if something only appeared in an EP of a previous game, I don't think it counts as "cut" if it isn't in the vanilla version. So personally I don't feel cheated by a lot of these things. That's just me.

Quote:
-Lots of so called new features are already in The Sims 3
Multi-tasking Sims (The Sims 3 can read and relax in bed, watch TV while chatting, chat in groups, etc)
Emotional moods (currently in the form of Moodlets in The Sims 3)

Sorry if I'm being rude or oblivious, but what do mean there's no multi-tasking or emotional moods?

Quote:
-Buildings can only have 3 floors (plus a foundation and a roof)

One of the SimGurus confirmed that we can have attics. Does anyone know if they count as a floor or as part of the roof?

As for ghosts/supernaturals, this is where I'm really worried. From SimsVIP/Twitter it looks like someone asked if there will be supernaturals and SGGrant replied no, but then later it seemed like he thought the person was talking about a supernatural expansion pack. But even if that's what he was talking about, how could they know so early which EPs they will and will not make? I wish their answers were a little less vague.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 10:49 PM
-Only 1 World supplied in Base Game, where was this confirmed.

Links would help.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM
The left/right handed thing was clarified - it is in the game but is just a subtle thing with animations.

Sources would be really good for a lot of this. I've been maintaining a list here: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...&postcount=4456 ... with sources for everything I could find thus far.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote:
- No 64bit version of the game

It is 20-goddamn-14, EA.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Shasta~
Not sure why you said "cut" as opposed to things that were never going to be in the game in the first place. And if something only appeared in an EP of a previous game, I don't think it counts as "cut" if it isn't in the vanilla version. So personally I don't feel cheated by a lot of these things. That's just me.

Sorry if I'm being rude or oblivious, but what do mean there's no multi-tasking or emotional moods?

One of the SimGurus confirmed that we can have attics. Does anyone know if they count as a floor or as part of the roof?

As for ghosts/supernaturals, this is where I'm really worried. From SimsVIP/Twitter it looks like someone asked if there will be supernaturals and SGGrant replied no, but then later it seemed like he thought the person was talking about a supernatural expansion pack. But even if that's what he was talking about, how could they know so early which EPs they will and will not make? I wish their answers were a little less vague.

Attics are nothing special, don't let it hype you up. It's basically space under the roof and has existed Since TS2. If we have a roof tool, we have attics / if we have a wall tool, we have rooms, like that.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 2:43 AM
It's sims 1.5 (gaining one whole number because it's in 3D).
Alchemist
#21 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's sims 1.5 (gaining one whole number because it's in 3D).

The Sims 1 has better textures than the Sims 4.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:15 AM
I mean I was thinking a while back how nice it would be to play a game as simple as vanilla TS2 with updated graphics, but it wan't a bloody request, EA.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
they took out the woohoo skill? whatthe hell? lol

Yeah, they took out woohoo??

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Instructor
#24 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:00 AM
It's sims 1.5

Nah, more like The Sims 0.25; The Sims 1 actually had hot tubs and pools, and was actually intuitive and tactile, with its personality points and its finances menu that would let you see all your expenses on purchases and stuff.
Quote: Originally posted by metalfenix
Yeah, they took out woohoo?

Yep. Now, it's just "Oh, no!" and "What the fuck?".
gaining one whole number because it's in 3D.

The sims in The Sims 1 were 3D, but the environments were 2D. Even then, The Sims 1 had better textures.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The left/right handed thing was clarified - it is in the game but is just a subtle thing with animations.

Sources would be really good for a lot of this. I've been maintaining a list here: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...&postcount=4456 ... with sources for everything I could find thus far.

Quote:
Handedness- Sims can be right or left-handed. It is random.

http://ts4news.com/
Page 1 of 4