Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
A feature as large as toddlers being included in only an expansion pack or store set would also fuck with a lot of cross compatibility for CC, Exchange sims and new expansion features so I can only see them adding it in through a patch, if not for the sake of saving themselves a headache, rather than anything for our benefit.

If nothing else, they would probably make more money making toddlers and proper teens (we don't want no stinking school-adults!) free and selling toddler and teen clothing and hairdos, than selling toddlers and proper teens and watching players turn away in disgust.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
But coming out of TS3's tendency to implode whenever you looked at it wrong

Can someone explain to me why people keep saying stuff like that? I admit it and have said it before, I didn't come into TS3 until pretty much the end, I bought base game + seasons version, so I never knew you didn't get diving boards until a patch just prior to seasons or similar. But TS3 barely made problems for me. Sure I have lag and freeze spikes, but people complain about stuff like taking a huge long time to save or save repeatedly failing... I can only think of one or two instances where my save didn't work once, and when I instantly clicked the save button again, it worked. And the saving took only a few minutes. And I am not playing the game modless or so.

C-A
Forum Resident
#28 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:55 PM
TS3's loading and saving took a zillion years for most. The game, when it first came out, would only use 2GB of memory max and when it went over that it wouldn't allow players to save anymore. Pathing sucked donkey balls and when you played a neighborhood for too long it would start to stutter and freeze up because a bunch of sims would keep getting stuck in weird corners of the map and would be unable to get out. The game also didn't get rid of cars very well so they'd start to build up, and like the stuck sims, would also cause your neighborhood to go to hell. The game shipped without vsync so would try to process framerates of like 1,000fps which put a huge amount of unneeded stress on one's hardware and had the potential to destroy your GPU. Random CTD's with no explanation or warning were also rather common for a lot of people.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:30 AM Last edited by tonicmole : 9th Jul 2014 at 1:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
They've already said it can be modded. Graham or Grant mentioned that the limit to the number of sims in the world could probably be easily modded out.

Well thats something! Wait....no....that really doesn't make it any better. Time for Deep Silver to bring back Singles developed by Volition!

As far as why people say that Sims 3 is buggy....what traditionally happens is the games features cripple performance. If you leave all items in their default state, such as color and design, and you only edit one main lot, and be careful with custom content then the game will run pretty good, but if you really start exploring the games features it will get overloaded, and things get tricky. However most modern games with a heavy focus on mods behave identical. Leaving a game open for mods often limits performance. Bethesda games are like drunken boxers.
Alchemist
#30 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Also, there is no story progression. It's not simpler, it's -gone-. Adjustable aging for other households is not story progression.

I can't go back to TS2. It was a great game for the time and I know many simmers still love it, but I'll stick to TS3 with SP and the open world. Maybe they'll get it right with TS5
Scholar
#31 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 6:11 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 9th Jul 2014 at 6:20 PM. Reason: Forgot the most important bit
I expect TS4 will sell loads of copies at release. No matter how disappointing it turns out to be. Just like SIm City did.

Many MTS visitors might skip TS4 maybe, but we are just a small part of the Sims community I suspect.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 7:10 PM
Default Pardon the Rant

Even Naegi lost hope.

We are not "crying over spilt milk". This is a game franchise we have devoted our time and money into. EA is taking advantage of that. I am likely not going to buy this game (unless they fix all the issues). Despite what you may think, I'm guessing a lot of people won't buy this game, just like a lot of people didn't buy the Sims 3 because they didn't like it. Many people DID buy the game, but some people didn't.

The Sims 4 is still in alpha, so we have no idea if there's going to be bugs. We haven't even been shown real gameplay footage and it's being released in September. Pools and todders aren't "EP content". They are far more qualified to be base game content than rocket ships and cupcake machines and everything like them.

I'm not trying to "shoot down your excitement". I was genuinely excited for Ts4 until we learned of all this information.

So that is why we are upset, OP. Please try to understand our feelings.
Scholar
#33 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKiss

Even Naegi lost hope.

Thank God, Naegi finally caved! (Now I just need Komaeda to stop with his damn Hope Fetish and I'll be good to go)

C-A
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 8:34 PM
Personally, I lost all hope for this game to ever become close to what I want it to be.
Alchemist
#35 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I expect TS4 will sell loads of copies at release. No matter how disappointing it turns out to be. Just like SIm City did.

Many MTS visitors might skip TS4 maybe, but we are just a small part of the Sims community I suspect.

There's no doubt about. The official forum is proof of that. That's why EA can do what they do
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 9:39 PM
There will be some kind of story progression. Sims will age and when everyone dies, a new family will move in the house.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnier
There will be some kind of story progression. Sims will age and when everyone dies, a new family will move in the house.

I belive that i am the only one that like this particular new system better than the ones in TS2 and TS3. I dont like that my sims keep frozen in the same age forever, but i dont like that they mess up wille i am out playing in another family since i jump from family to family around the neighborhood, so it is perfect for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM
Sakura Kiss, I can tell you right now and I'm 100% sure that there WILL BE BUGS. I agree that pools and toddlers should be in the base game and I think I know why EA excluded them. Of course it's got nothing to do with what they said. They realised that The Sims 3 Generations didn't bring a lot of new content to the game. It was the poorest expansion pack ever and they probably want to put toddlers in TS4 Generations and as for pools, I think they noticed that TS3 Seasons was all about winter and autumn and they want to have something new related to summer so they decided to do what they did. I don't know why you all continue to "correct" me when I too said everything you did. I just added that we might be able to salvage TS4.
Instructor
#39 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summerstruck
The only hope I have for TS4 is that it isn't so awful EA decides to give up on the franchise entirely.

This would be a good thing. Then another company can take over the series.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 9:59 PM
Anyway, I like the new CAS. It has certainly improved. That's the first big positive thing about TS4 ( by the way, can someone please explain will the free CAS demo be available to everyone or not?), the second thing I like is the Build mode it seems great, especially the multiple windows at the same time, placing foundations in the end and the wall height. What I don't like about the build mode is that we can't choose where to place foundations and the lack of basements and pools. I like the new emotions ( most people say they are stupid but if there hadn't been so many cuts you would really be excited about emotions), I like the new objects like the motion rig and ,yes, the infamous cupcake machines and rocket ships ( again,you would be excited about those things too if there hadn't been cuts).
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#41 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:00 PM
The free CAS demo will be available for everyone. Speculation is that it will be on August 12th as that date is inside one of the txt files that ships with the CAS demo.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude

No, it is not a good thing, because knowing EA, it probably wont sell the rights of the game and Thesims will stay dead for...like..ever. Or worse, EA could sell it to Microsoft.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude

That's not how copyright law works.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:01 PM
For the CAS demo, I just can't see why they're not releasing it to everyone at the same time. probably some stupid publicity trick, knowing EA right.

In TS4 there will be bugs, lots of them by the looks of it, and there will be even more stuff lacking than they dare to admit at this point.

Anyway, TS3 worked to a degree for me all up to IP. Not that I play it much, because it's been far too bugged - I had no CC for a while, and there were so many weird things happening in the game that half the families I had got borked for no reason what so ever. It's also resource demanding, and my laptop doesn't seem to like it much because it will eventually crash the game or get so warm I don't dare playing any longer. When I tried to add Future, the whole thing borked up to a point where my drive no longer wants to recognize the CDs - not even IP, which had worked up to then (though my drive has been weird when it comes to DVDs for quite a while now). My TS2 game, however, runs as good as it has always done, more or less heavily modded and with lots of both new and old CC. I think I'll stick to the game that actually works, at least for a while yet...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:02 PM
And to be honest I won't miss the toddlers much. I hated them because they were annoying, you had to take care of them constantly and every single sim on the lot would hurry to get the baby a bottle if it cries which makes massive crowds in front of the baby crib. The toddlers were useful only for stories and recreating a real life family. I am way much more disappointed about the pools and basements.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:03 PM
Now, I read somewhere that there will be no skin tone sliders. Can someone explain what does that mean?
Scholar
#47 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by V12creator
I belive that i am the only one that like this particular new system better than the ones in TS2 and TS3. I dont like that my sims keep frozen in the same age forever, but i dont like that they mess up wille i am out playing in another family since i jump from family to family around the neighborhood, so it is perfect for me.

I would think being 72 and still working the same entry-level job you were working at 22 is worse than TS2 only-active-household-ages.

I agree that pools and toddlers should be in the base game and I think I know why EA excluded them. Of course it's got nothing to do with what they said. They realised that The Sims 3 Generations didn't bring a lot of new content to the game. It was the poorest expansion pack ever and they probably want to put toddlers in TS4 Generations and as for pools, I think they noticed that TS3 Seasons was all about winter and autumn and they want to have something new related to summer so they decided to do what they did. I don't know why you all continue to "correct" me when I too said everything you did. I just added that we might be able to salvage TS4.

Which is why we can't afford to have a "cool new things to do" EP like World Adventures as our first expansion. Finish building the foundation (and not the auto-applied foundation madness) then we can do crazy stuff.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:04 PM
Now, I read somewhere that there will be no skin tone sliders. Can someone explain what does that mean?

Probably they will be pre-sets like Thesims2 and everything else in Thesims4, by the other hand this can make custom skintones easier to make.

Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
I would think being 72 and still working the same entry-level job you were working at 22 is worse than TS2 only-active-household-ages.

But I do not .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:07 PM
Then I'm not disappointed about that at all.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:11 PM
And to be honest I won't miss the toddlers much. I hated them because they were annoying, you had to take care of them constantly and every single sim on the lot would hurry to get the baby a bottle if it cries which makes massive crowds in front of the baby crib. The toddlers were useful only for stories and recreating a real life family. I am way much more disappointed about the pools and basements.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone else don't like them.

I can say the same thing about basements. Couldn't even care less, because I've used them less than a handful of times in all the years I've played TS2, and in TS3 I only used them if they were already added to the house or non-rabbithole community lot. But my families -always- have at least one toddler, since I love them so much.

Because of the upflair about specifically toddlers and pools, I'm guessing a lot more people want those rather than basements, anyway.
Page 2 of 4