Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:50 AM
Sims 4 Gameplay Video Expectations
I'm reposting this from another thread, but what do you expect from the Sims 4 Gameplay video that will soften your opinion? There's only a few months left, and EA needs to turn this around.

I am looking forward to:
- Unscripted, preferably live gameplay video, one day cycle. I don't care if they livestream it, it needs to be authentic and not one giant vertical slice.
- UI demonstration
- Full demonstration of advertised features (emotions, smarter sims) in action.
- Full, uncut video of a house being constructed from the ground up, with all advertised features demonstrated. No short snippets of rooms being dragged around.
- Full reveal on at least two subneighbourhoods, plus demonstration on how they work.
- No more demonstrations of CAS, the demo's trickling out and people can come to their own conclusions.

All of this should be reasonable and technically possible, it's whether or not they have the will to do it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:55 AM
There's a gameplay video coming out?
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude

Yeah I forgot where but it was confirmed by one of the Gurus that there would be a 15 minute Gameplay Demo that was in game live in exactly two weeks. I want to say it was Rachel who said it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:24 AM
Lol, I doubt they will be able to build a house from the ground up, plus show you all around the neighbourhoods, plus show you emotions, etc, in 15 min. More likely they will focus on 1 or 2 features.

I really don't think they'll end up showing both neighbourhoods, for sure. Probably focus on emotions and maybe a bit of building? I kind of feel like they might even stay on one lot the whole time, but I hope not.

You kind of just have to expect the worst with these things and then maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rowany
You kind of just have to expect the worst with these things and then maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

My motto in life.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
My motto in life.

And it's even more true when it comes to E.A.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simfan923
Yeah I forgot where but it was confirmed by one of the Gurus that there would be a 15 minute Gameplay Demo that was in game live in exactly two weeks. I want to say it was Rachel who said it.

It's about time.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 4:13 AM
It was apart of Rachel's blabbering. Surprisingly, most people seemed to overlook it for the CAS demo.

I would like to see all that you listed. Realistically speaking, it will probably be the video shown at E3. They hinted at it being so. Knowing EA, it would be easier to "polish" that video than to direct a brand new scenario.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 4:21 AM
I REALLY hope we get to see some CAS footage because I don't think we've seen enough of it????????
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 5:59 AM
Odds are it'll be all about the emotion system.
I doubt we'll see anything but that. They'll probably show off more of the "if your Sim is mad they'll exercise harder" stuff.
I really honestly think that's 99% of the gameplay. I don't think they have much else (other than taking care of needs which one would assume is still in there).
I'd love for them to surprise me, but it'd take a miracle to actually make me interested in buying it.
And by miracle I mean something like confirming a bodyshop-like program that could easily recolor furniture and clothing (because CASt won't happen) as well as offering me candy, kittens, and a woohoo.
Alchemist
#11 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude

I like your signature, Motorcitydude. Very good.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:36 PM
I want them to show us how the damn world/neighborhood work!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 5:49 PM
There better be emotions if only because they never shut up about it. May as well show us how it all actually works before they release the game. Besides, emotions are the only thing that might convince me to buy ts4 someday. I'm expecting them to be annoying, but hoping that they're fun. I always try and keep my expectations with EA low these days.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 1:41 AM
Probably showing how fetch the Sims 4 is going to be and showing the world the game's glory.

Can't believe people still read these.
Theorist
#15 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simfan923

She mentioned it in the "what's in, what's out" blog post. I can't link the original article because my internet is being super slow this evening - but I did manage to get Honeywell's quote of it up.

This is what she actually said:

Quote:
"We were thrilled that more than 1200 people came through our E3 demo room last month to see The Sims 4 in action, but we want all of you to see it as well. We’ll be releasing over 15 minutes of in-game Live Mode footage (with complete UI) in the next two weeks." —Rachel Franklin

I HOPE they are not just going to show an edited version of what they were showing at E3, but that statement is a little vague.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#16 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 3:45 AM
I don't know, but I want to see what else the game has to offer other than ~ e m o t i o n s ~

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Inventor
#17 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 3:20 PM
Mhh my prediction for a gameplay video: 5 minutes of horsing around in CAS, 10 minutes of gameplay with a centre on "emotions" ending with another Sim dying of laughing.

And no I'm not trying to be snarky that's honestly what I expect them to do.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 3:24 PM
Emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tactile!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Random!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First Time Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why did i pick this username
Instructor
#19 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling
Emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tactile!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Random!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First Time Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot Intuitive!™
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
I'm not trying to be snarky that's honestly what I expect them to do.

I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling

And you forgot "weird stories."

I'm not expecting anything more than what can frame the "weird stories" and "emotions" marketing push they are really trying to make. By the way they've been trying to sell the game, the video will likely basically be an advertisement, and not much of a gameplay preview.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:32 PM
I honestly think it's going to be what they showed those who attended E3... So basically nothing new or interesting.

With this game I learned to have zero expectations cause I'm always feeling disappointed, in fact I just tell myself it's going to be shit to give myself the heads up.
Alchemist
#22 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:40 PM
I'm sure they'll just end up showing CAS again. Or Build Mode.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I'm sure they'll just end up showing CAS again. Or Build Mode.

Reading fail. The blog said it would be Live Mode (which includes neither CAS or Build Mode).
Forum Resident
#24 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
Reading fail. The blog said it would be Live Mode (which includes neither CAS or Build Mode).
Just because that's what the blog says doesn't mean that's what we'll end up seeing. Some of us are cynical. FTR, I do think we'll see some (very scripted) live mode. Though I wouldn't be shocked if it's five minutes of live mode and ten minutes of narration.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:03 PM
I just realised how absolutely ridiculous it is that we haven't even seen peaks of gameplay yet. We don't even know what the whole UI looks like or what it is like to control the SIms (which is actually the most important part of The Sims anyway if you ask me.) Goddammit, EA!
Page 1 of 2