Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Original_Sim : 14th Jul 2014 at 8:24 PM.
Default Safe Place for TS4 Disappointment (Old features sold as new, stripped content, etc)
I felt this was needed to counter the "safe place" to be excited about the game where anything critical regarding the Sims 4 gets deleted. Please leave your blind optimism at the door and express your unabashedly critical opinions on the Sims 4. No EA ass-licking necessary.

Let me begin by saying how I find it funny that people are "excited" about children getting to play instruments in the Sims 4 like it's a new feature.

It's not.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:05 PM
So glad to see you. I do see you. :lovestruc

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
So glad to see you. I do see you. :lovestruc

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but it's nice to see you too!
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:11 PM
EA should just stop everything, not just the Sims 4. Everything, it's all gotten so shitty now.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Let me begin by saying how I find it funny that people are "excited" about children getting to play instruments in the Sims 4 like it's a new feature.

It's not.

My daughter and I just said the same thing.

In 2, our child Sims played the piano and violins for sure.
Alexander loved the Goth piano.
And Etsu and Sally loved their violins.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:16 PM
Stop all this negativity! You should all be grateful there is a game at all.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but it's nice to see you too!

Come to think of it...I'm not sure either. Damn EMOTIONS! Reeks havoc on menopausal episodes. Sorry.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Stop all this negativity! You should all be grateful there is a game at all.

We are grateful, my daughter and I.
We are grateful we have all base , eps and sps from the Sims 2.
And we are grateful to the modders that made it the game it is.
Grateful also to MTS2 for existing.
And all the CC creators for Sims 2.

Inge, we have lots of your mods too, so Thank You to you too.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:24 PM
I'm disappointed. TS4 had potential and EA just let it all dribble away.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
TS4 had potential and EA just let it all dribble away.

Like semen that could have fused with an egg to create something beautiful.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:40 PM
I'm disappointed that some simmers are actually arguing in favour of feature cuts on the basis that:

1.) Since they never used or liked them, it's a good thing they were cut.
2.) those things never existed in the Sims 2/3 base game (pick & choose to fit your argument).

Also using the 'muh monies, muh choices' argument to shut people up. It's setting a really low bar.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Also using the 'muh monies, muh choices' argument to shut people up. It's setting a really low bar.

I agree.

We can point fingers at EA all day---it can be entertaining at times---but many players don't seem to realize that giving EA their money for a half-assed product is nothing but positive reinforcement for that wretched company. They can't blame low standards on EA alone because it's not true.

Player feedback (e.g. preorders, Twitter comments, forum posts in EA's defense) does affect the standards.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:59 PM
I'm incredibly disappointed...
People were forgetting that we had wanted things in the game earlier that we learned we weren't going to get and accepted it, like
  • Gradual aging
  • Rounded walls
  • CASt
  • Hair growth
  • etc???
We still had HOPE. Because even without these things, we assumed new build features and a "cool, new" CAS would make up for it.

THEN we learned about everything else.

I'm sorry, I just can't play a game with so much I wanted from it gone.

Maybe a LOT of games are $60 now, but most of them delivered what they promised. I'd rather get one of THOSE games.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:59 PM
When I see all the things they've cut out, my heart drops a little bit more. For sure, I've come to expect that EA would do a sub-par game, but not this bad, so far along in the series.
Hell, I even had hopes of dropping my objections to Origin and EA for a new game. Guess my cynicism is well rewarded, and that I won't be wasting my money. I feel sorry for those who will be taken in (in my opinion) by the fluffy stuff EA uses to lure new players, for they will be as heart-broken as we are already.
I really do hate being right all the time about this company. It isn't a good thing, really.
Theorist
#15 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:06 PM
Emotions. Not a single one to be found in TS3....

Such a pity that I need Lego hair sims to watch sims express themselves.

Theorist
#16 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:28 PM
One more before I go.

It's frickin' impossible to make Asian sims. One has to have piles and piles of cc in order to make one and even then, you will never decent results.

I used a custom skin that is made for Asian sims. Otherwise, Lydia was made with all sliders in the TS3 base game.

Nope! Can't be done!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:13 PM
I find it disgusting how the Sim Devotees blindly support their idol (EA). They rationalize getting jipped and spending exorbitant amounts of money then tear down and/or attempt to hypnotize anyone who speaks otherwise.

They're worst than the Gurus. At least they're are getting paid to spew marketing drivel.

It's scary how weak-willed grown adults can be.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:36 PM
Many of us had low expectations for TS4 as it is and EA still managed to underwhelm us. I'm disappointed that all of the money simmers poured into TS3 over the years accounts for precisely dick and that EA don't respect their customers enough to not make us pay for their idiocy i.e. refusing to delay the game. They don't have to pass off their bad decisions to us but they are, with the added bonus of (probably) charging extra for the things left out.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:51 AM
Really? A safe place for negativity? Didn't thought that was needed... since it is in every thread here anyway, even in the supposedly positive thread.

But here goes: I'm really disappointed about the teenager height and appearance. I wish, they hadn't done that, biggest let-down.
And in the spirit of hjacking every thread and ignoring the title of the thread, I will do that, too: I'm also excited about CAS and Oasis Spring! Don't you just love how the new sims look?
Theorist
#20 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candacis
Really? A safe place for negativity? Didn't thought that was needed... since it is in every thread here anyway, even in the supposedly positive thread.

But here goes: I'm really disappointed about the teenager height and appearance. I wish, they hadn't done that, biggest let-down.
And in the spirit of hjacking every thread and ignoring the title of the thread, I will do that, too: I'm also excited about CAS and Oasis Spring! Don't you just love how the new sims look?

I positively don't like TS4 and will stick with my puddings.

I don't have to worry about Origin, I can use sliders, I have CAST if I choose to use it, pools, toddlers, teens, adults, and elders are not all the same height, ect... And of course, none of my sims will die from laughter or freak out because I dressed them in a color that causes their emotions to flow. TS4 sims wouldn't have a chance on my computer. They'd all die because I put them in the wrong colored shirt. I suppose that would be a good thing with 'hoods' with only 5 lots.

My hope is that fans of TS3 will hunker down much like what was done in TS2. Now that there is no more patches and and more borked code to deal with, we can go about our business and be left alone.

Okay, Pumpkin? I thought so.
Instructor
#21 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:24 AM
"Safe place for TS4 disappointment" did you mean: this entire site
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Original_Sim : 15th Jul 2014 at 1:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista

There are blind optimists all over the site as well. When you try to encourage critical thinking in their "safe" thread, your post gets deleted. People are creating threads, telling others they're not "allowed" to discuss features that have been cut, etc. Occasionally, you'll stumble upon people who complain about those who complain about the Sims 4.

It's only fair to include a sheep-free thread in the mix. That way, we have:

1) Yay Thread (Safe to be excited)
2) Nay Thread (Safe to be disappointed)
3) Battle Royale (Rest of the site)

I wouldn't have created this particular thread if it weren't for that safe thread. Personally, I prefer having a free-for-all.

But as long as that sheep-only thread exists, I will stand my ground.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
My hope is that fans of TS3 will hunker down much like what was done in TS2. Now that there is no more patches and and more borked code to deal with, we can go about our business and be left alone.

Okay, Pumpkin? I thought so.

I'd like to think that will happen. I want that to happen. However, many of those players got left in the dust as more and more creators came around. At first, everyone will belike they are now, "fuck this game! mine's just fine!" But greatly missed rehashed expansion packs will come back, and then you'll think, "well, it's ALMOST the same. And look at all this cool content I can get!" Then the audience of sheeples will grow and grow...

I don't know if I'll get it or not. I'm a dedicated fan, have been since 2007 when my best friend's sister got the game and I played Sims 2. I became obsessed. Now though? I see the company for what it is; greedy money whores before a legitimate company. I don't think I will,I have worked so hard to find all this CC and mods, download them, and make them work despite many complications. I have spent too much money on Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs just to be cheated out of it again. I refuse to buy anything from the Store except Worlds (even then I haven't bought one because 2,000 Sim Points is like, 45 dollars) just because I know they save their best clothing and hairstyles for it, and give the decent and horrendous ones to the Packs. It's really, really aggravating, but they monopolize the industry.

I mean, come on. 60 dollars just for the base game? You can buy a full game like Dishonored or Skyrim for less! It's sad, but whatever. I'm going to finish my Sims 3 collection, think about getting the Sims 2, and most likely not buy the Sims 4. The emotions are going to ruin the game anyway.
Theorist
#24 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista

There is a thread for people like yourself right here

I don't care if people buy TS4. Ironically there are a whole bunch of people that tell me that I have to buy it, then wag their finger at me when I tell them 'no' for the second and third time. I know it's tough to hear, but peeps can't have it both ways. Sorry!

It's actually really peaceful around here early in the morning. People chat and it isn't a big deal. Occasionally there is even a nice comment made about TS4 from those that are from the 'other side'. I spotted one this morning. Somebody mentioned that they liked a hair texture.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:55 AM
A free for all infects all the threads, unfortunately-and I don't really want to be a 'debbie downer' for all of my present pessimism. I'd love to be able to enjoy the anticipation that a new game brings, but after all these years of all those lies and manipulations by EA in this series, I'm not going to lie about my feelings any more.

I'm mightily pissed off that the largest gaming company in the world has absolutely no integrity when it comes to producing another game in a very beloved series-by destroying it and making it appear that they're catering to the fans' wishes when it is more than obvious that they're only catering to their shareholders. Their present motto is "Make do with less, and charge more!"

That's why I'm so outright angry at them. They've completely thrown away any artistic integrity with their monetary lust.

However, I don't want to make everyone miserable by being miserable myself..that is why this thread is useful.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Nothing but bickering.
Page 1 of 3