Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:37 PM
What's so bad about Origin?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:38 PM
I already have Origin because I got into the Sims craze late in the game. All my games are in digital format. But once they're installed, I'm able to load without using Origin (thankfully)!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:42 PM
I received the emails as well. But I haven't seen the game in my library. Back when I bought sims 2 I bought the actual game from store. In my origin I only have bon voyage, glamour stuff, h&m, pets and seasons....for some reason my base game is not there. In all actuality I own every darn tooting sims 2 sp ep everything. Wonder why only certain stuff is in origin as I registered everything on EADM... Oh well.....I'll post if and when I actually receive this magical game!
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NY152
Does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve CD Keys from the Classic/Old EA account? I don't have my physical copies anymore, but I registered all of them in the old TheSims2.com website

If you never find out how to do it that way you can do it manually by.......

If the computer is using Windows XP, 98, or any older version of Windows, click Start > Run; in the box, type regedit and hit the enter key. For Windows Vista or 7, type regedit into the "Search programs and files" box, then click regedit.exe.

In the window that opens, click the + sign next to the words "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE". You should now see several more folders, such as "SYSTEM" and "SOFTWARE". Keep opening folders, in this sequence:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SOFTWARE

Wow6432Node (This folder will only appear if you have 64-bit Windows! If not, ignore this step.)

EA Games

The Sims 2

ergc

If you need the key for one of your expansion packs, look under the appropriate folder in EA Games, such as The Sims 2 Open for Business.

In the pane on the right, you will see a line named default, reg_sz. In the column entitled Data you will see a string of letters and numbers. This is the license key for your copy of The Sims 2.
Write it down in a safe place - some people write it on the Sims 2 disc with a special CD/acetate pen (NOT a ballpoint pen!), or on a bit of paper inside the CD case, or even into a text file that you can save somewhere you'll remember. Mine is written on the outside cover so it stays with the disc.

When you have finished, close regedit.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsailija

It hates me. I'm on chat support, trying to register my games and I was asked to install EADM, which overwrote my old Origin, and then it wanted to update to the newer version I'd just overwritten and now it won't start at all, haha.
Theorist
#56 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:07 PM
Attempt # 2. I'm waiting to get a phone call since the live chat person didn't understand what I was asking.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:15 PM
Do you have to have the basegame of Sims 2 registered with Origin? Because that's the only one I can't find.
Test Subject
#58 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:17 PM
Hmm, I wonder if I should try to get my Sims 2 stuff on Origin so I can get this "Ultimate Collection." I was able to get Sims 2 to work on my new computer by copying the base game TSBin & TSData folders from my older computer & paste them on the new computer. It updated correctly & I was able to install all the rest of my games. I wonder if it would be worth it to have it on Origin, perhaps so I can play it on the laptop too.

Maybe if we wait a couple days the service techs will know what we're asking for? Right now I'm a little nervous asking them to muck around and possibly mess up my game. Especially now that I've gotten it to play nice with Windows 8.
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:17 PM
I wish this would be available for purchase. I have moved a few times and gone through several computers and I have no clue where my Sims 2 disks are. I don't think I ever registered them and if I did, I don't know what email or anything I used. Obviously, I haven't plays TS2 in quite some time, but it would be fun to get back into it.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:20 PM
I'm rather cynical about this move on EA's part-it's clearly to get older players (who don't have all the EP's or stuff packs) to get registered on Origin.

It sounds very much like they're calling for all the lost lambs to come back to the fold...and sell more stuff, like the Sims 4.

I'll pass, thank you. I have all the EP's, and all the stuff packs I need or want. Origin can go jump in a lake.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:25 PM
This might be the TS2 answer to the first game's Complete Collection and also might make The Sims 2 avaible digitally (again?). Probably some sort of 10 years celebration.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:27 PM
I will make sure to try it out for it may have been updated for Windows 8 and should not require any patches.

I am in line now.

"Thank you for contacting EA

Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor.

Your approximate wait time is between 15 - 20 minutes."

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#63 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:31 PM
Well I finally got Origin working, more fool me. My base game, the only thing we could get registered because the site kept erroring out, isn't showing up. I'll wait until morning and see if it shows up/if I can register anything else then.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:32 PM
You need to go here and follow it on how to get your games on origin, http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2...gin/td-p/368020

Now is says:

Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor.

Your approximate wait time is between 5 - 10 minutes."

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#65 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:33 PM
Trying to register my games now:

please wait while we connect you to the next available agent.
Your approximate wait time is between 10 - 15 minutes"

Unfortunately I lost the manuals to the BG, Seasons and OFB.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:35 PM
There is a tool somewhere or info on how to find the code if the game is still installed.

Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Attempt # 2. I'm waiting to get a phone call since the live chat person didn't understand what I was asking.

I should have said this in my other post, but OFB can't be registered on Origin as it was never sold digitally through EA. You should be able to register Pets though so keep trying until you find a rep willing to do so.
Theorist
#68 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:41 PM Last edited by lovcat : 15th Jul 2014 at 9:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zanfall
I should have said this in my other post, but OFB can't be registered on Origin as it was never sold digitally through EA. You should be able to register Pets though so keep trying until you find a rep willing to do so.

Ok well.. they put me on hold then hung up on me. Hopefully having 3 games including double deluxe will be enough for me to have that Ultimate Collection.

They didn't have best of business on origin? (I see a listing)
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:52 PM
Well, I somehow got one Collection pack registered; I hope that's enough.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:04 PM
So as long as we've registered our games at Origin (I only have hard copies) we'll get this ultimate collection thing? And does it have to be before July 22? I don't think I've registered any of my games except for at the original TS2 site, and I only have one of my games with me (M&G).

Not that I'd transfer my game to the origin account or something, and I'm not particularly fond of Origin, but I could always need a backup...
Mad Poster
#71 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsailija

It's essentially legal spyware.
Instructor
#72 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:17 PM
I got 4 codes for registration but only 2 games shows up on my Origin account... =(
I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if the other shows up then.

The last guy I chatted with said that most EP's and SP's are not available as digital download because they're too old, I have all EP's and SP's but now I have Freetime and Double Deluxe at Origin. I know Seasons was one of the ones that I got a code for but it's still not there.
Theorist
#73 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alma70
I got 4 codes for registration but only 2 games shows up on my Origin account... =(
I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if the other shows up then.

The last guy I chatted with said that most EP's and SP's are not available as digital download because they're too old, I have all EP's and SP's but now I have Freetime and Double Deluxe at Origin. I know Seasons was one of the ones that I got a code for but it's still not there.

I think we talked to the same person.
Instructor
#74 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
I think we talked to the same person.

Amit? =)
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:24 PM
So I just got off the chat with one of the advisors, they said that even though it's an *UP TO DATE* version of the game, it wasn't tested for Windows 8. And yes, the ultimate collection contains ALL DLC's. (Creepy advisor, asking me how my meal was)
Page 3 of 41