Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#201 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
What about Tarlia's cleaned Kat and Kim households? Would they corrupt it?
Occupied lots that have been properly cleaned shouldn't corrupt your game. There is some risk in installing cleaned lots, but for the most part, it's safe.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#202 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:42 PM
Thank you both. I had installed Tarlia's Kat and Kim households and put them into Riverblossom Hills. When I read about installing occupied lots causing corruption..but those are the only ones I've installed.

My Simblr
He/They
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#203 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:49 PM
Portaller, that's not true. Any CC lot that was occupied when it was packaged can corrupt your 'hood, even if you later delete the sims in Clean Installer. Moving sims out first and then packaging the lot, we believe, prevents corruption.

The premade occupied lots are an exception, and are generally corruption-free by Sims 2 standards (but cf Samantha Ottomas' pregnancy). EA, naturally, screwed up a bit, so Tarlia has cleaned them even more - but the corruption she got rid of is not the kind of corruption that's created by packaging/installing occupied lots, it's mostly stuff that can happen when you're essentially building sims from scratch in SimPE instead of gradually playing them through in-game, so EA had to do everything the game does (memories, relationships, genetics...) by hand without messing up.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#204 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:20 PM Last edited by DJ. : 1st Aug 2014 at 5:15 PM.
Is it possible to uninstall Origin and keep the UC intact? I've made an Origin account on accident over two years ago. I've never used it until now. But since I've installed the UC, there's nothing Origin does for me anymore, except for selling my privacy to 3rd party companies quietly in the background.

I'm finicky when it comes to software I have installed. Killing the Origin.exe process and preventing run on boot simply doesn't do enough for me.

By uninstalling Origin through Add/Remove programs, will I render my UC useless? It's the only game I have on Origin, and the only game I ever plan on having on Origin.

EDIT: I uninstalled Origin successfully. Thankfully, when I booted back up, everything was OK with UC.

The only thing that I'm slightly worried now is about SecuROM. Although it's never caused any issues whatsoever on my system, I'm becoming skeptical since everyone else is freaking out over it, screaming at it and poking it with a ten foot pole.
Test Subject
#205 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:35 PM
I uninstalled my the sims and reinstalled the UC, and everything is working just fine!
Thank you very much for all your help! :DD
Page 9 of 9