Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#76 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 2:55 AM
I think it's if you never posted as well. So if you find a vaguely interesting thread to comment on once then maybe it won't happen.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#77 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by @HugeLunatic
WTF? I just went to check out that apt mod and it says I'm banned? No reason specified?

Many of us are, because we never posted only registered.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#78 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 3:55 AM
I've never seen a moderation queue that banned users.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#79 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 9:20 AM
It is more as if somebody had a bad day and decided to ban users left and right. Let's start a club
Field Researcher
#80 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 5:33 PM
I tried to go to the website and download the mods, but apparently I"m blocked from them and the ban lifted date is Never. What's that about?
Mad Poster
#81 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 5:42 PM
@puzalickers85 , See my post #74 on the last page!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puzalickers85
I tried to go to the website and download the mods, but apparently I"m blocked from them and the ban lifted date is Never. What's that about?

Join the club
Mad Poster
#83 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Nah, ACR booty call and InTeen (or some other teen woohoo mod). I had Denise Jacquet try to booty call Johnny Smith.

Only ACR. No other mod needed for this to happen. Melody Tinker turned up after a knowledge Sim's booty call in my game.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 10:45 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 3rd Oct 2016 at 10:55 AM.
Odd. Did they actually woohoo? Didn't think that was possible for teen woohoo wtihout hack.

EDIT: I just posted on BAS asking the rationale of permabanning inactive users. Hopefully I'll get an answer. For anyone who's not banned, here's a link.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#85 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 12:11 PM
You do not need a teen woohoo hack if you have ACR. If you want pregnancies, miscarriages and all kinds of depressing stuff, then you need InTeen. But I use only ACR and my teens can woohoo if, when and with whom they want.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 12:32 AM
I got a response; don't think anyone will take offense if I posted it here.

Quote:
If any of those who have been "permabanned" as you put it had read the Site Announcements (which they can still do), they would have known that's not what's happening. It's a simple fix, but they have to take a little initiative for that to happen. We've even outlined what needs to be done. You'll have to contact the site owner for the reasons behind the procedure since he's the one that set it up.

I've got a nasty bug at the moment so I'll just bow out for the time being.

Scholar
#87 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
If you want pregnancies, miscarriages and all kinds of depressing stuff, then you need InTeen.

You seem to have some vendetta against InTeen, lol. There's a flavor pak to disable miscarriages. I have InTeen for the storytelling! (And even more Pleasant drama.
...yeah.)

ANYWAYS, IM OFF TOPIC. *nyooms out*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I got a response; don't think anyone will take offense if I posted it here.

I've got a nasty bug at the moment so I'll just bow out for the time being.

Post is here. http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/...575-Random-Bans

I think the problem is that you have to register to download, seeing as it's an adult site and they don't want to get smacked for letting kids in without at least warning them. So people register without ever visiting the forums, so they don't read Site Announcements. The solution is pretty easy though and then make sure you make at least one post so it doesn't happen again.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 10:24 AM
There are things I prefer to live without. They include InTeen and sending e-mails to sites which banned me for no reason.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#90 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
There are things I prefer to live without. They include InTeen and sending e-mails to sites which banned me for no reason.

If you'd actually read the link I provided then you'd see that you weren't actually banned.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 2:02 PM
Charity, I did read the link.
And even though I may not actually have been banned, receiving messages that I am is still not an enjoyable experience.
I will not send him an e-mail. In my humble opinion, when being an admin on a website, common courtesy and at least acting in a kind of professional way is not too much to ask. I know it is a free website and about a game and what what what. That is, as far as I am concerned, no excuse for using your own trivial excuses to rant while pissing off members who may or may not be an asset for the site in the future.
I maintain Facebook pages. My dishwasher has been broken for 4 bloody months now and nobody seems able to fix it - and nobody on any FB page knows about it, since my trivial problems are not their concern. Ranting about that is fine when on a forum, but not when you want to solve a problem.
How hard would it be to say: Please take note of the Site Announcements, and send an e-mail, so that we can help you? (Would leave him a lot more time to do the dishes by hand anyway )
Theorist
#92 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 2:43 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 20th Nov 2016 at 3:01 PM.
@Charity

Just logged into BAS, only to find a great option for those of you who like to play orphanages and do adoptions within a neighborhood http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...option-Centres). Will definitely be trying this out once my simming hiatus is over.

FYI, for those of you who cannot view the page, the cot is just a clone of the Maxis base game crib.

Description:
Orphan Display Cot (For Adoption Centres)
Apartment Life EP or Higher required

This is a mish-mash of a pet display case and the basegame cot, intended to enable make a working orphanage community lot where sims can go and adopt a child.

It will not function at a liveable lot or if the lot has an owned business, it's for adopting not selling kids.
The adoption option is only available to adults that live in a real family that is not already 'Full of Sims'.

Each cot will try to get a baby or toddler from the default orphan family and if there is none then it will create a toddler which will be placed into the orphan family. They will bring a nanny NPC onto the lot so there will always be an adult on the lot capable of looking after the orphans, only one cot will do that regardless of how many you have on the lot.

It does not however address the fact that babies and toddlers can't travel so when your sim leaves the lot the new addition is left behind. If the adopted orphan is a baby then your sim can hand her/him to the nanny who will walk the child off the lot, otherwise it may look better to put the kid back into the cot before leaving. When your sim arrives home the new addition will be near the letter box (for the neighbourhood dogs to wizz on), that's default game behaviour and there's nothing this can do about that.

This comes in four colours, the default colour shown below is so you can easily distinguish it from the default cot in the catalogue. The default pink, blue and lemon colours are also available. Even though I could have used the default basegame mesh I've chosen to give it it's own mesh because the UV mapping on the frame of the default mesh is so completely messed up most simmers would have a default replacement which may cause a problem.

This can be found in the miscellaneous / miscellaneous part of the catalogue, only in the community buy/build mode.

Note: If you have T&A or A&N do not try to use this at a child care centre, it's not available in the catalogue there anyway. Unlike other non-liveable lots toddlers are never removed from childcare centres when they load so your new family addition would remain in the child care centre next time it loads.

And...there is one more mod. Though family friendly, the mod is in the adult section due to the image Chris used. So, I will not link to it.

Description:
Ask About Family (menu plugin)
A simple 'Ask.../About Family' sim menu plugin

Surprisingly useful in larger 'hoods, the result will depend on if the sim lives in a real family, has parents etc. The image below show three possible results.

Should be OK in every EP configuration, although Bon Voyage is the minimum to glean the full address of the sim's family.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Forum Resident
#93 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 10:14 PM
Ooh, that new Ask... interaction! Shiny! Do want. Thank you, PenelopeT.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 1:28 AM
Well, that was a nice idea, but it's not available:
"Site and registrations are currently closed due to server and website maintenance.
We're sorry for any inconveniences"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#95 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 2:27 AM
@PenelopeT Can you upload the 'ask about family' mod to box or someplace? Many of us can't access the site permanently due to being 'banned'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 2:27 AM
12-24 hours. Not terribly long to wait. XD

Thanks, I'll take a look and add links to the front page once maintenance is over.
Scholar
#97 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 11:11 AM
You can grab both from Box.net (NovemberMods.zip - 210kb)
https://app.box.com/s/q99f1wzxrftp8n27qhzss3ib4z8b44ld
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 1:07 PM
Links updated.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#99 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 1:07 PM
Thanks Chris.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#100 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@PenelopeT Can you upload the 'ask about family' mod to box or someplace? Many of us can't access the site permanently due to being 'banned'.

I see Chris already beat me to it.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Page 4 of 12