Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:41 PM
I have the VISIT SIMS MOD, it's cool :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:43 PM
I have registered with BAS in order to download some of the things that Charity linked to. In order to register I had to agree to "not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented". . .

So clearly I won't find anything like that on Back Alley Sims, Will I?
Instructor
#28 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:51 PM
*lol at AndrewGloria's post* Yeah, I just can't bring myself to register on a site that I have no intention of surfing on or visiting again. My Sims game is full of cotton candy clouds and rainbows and I like it that way (okay, maybe not that pure, but still).

Still, thanks for trying to help us find the family-friendly section, Charity. It's just too bad about the registration, although I understand why they'd want visitors to register.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM
My sims kept getting this weird error when getting carpools so I removed all his mods :p
I'm just a scaredy cat!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:25 PM
Lol Andrew, that's funny.

Mods can clash Mumty, but your best bet is to read up carefully as sometime read me's will mention if it clashes with another mod. best to remove one at a time. Sometimes one mod needs to load before or after another and you do that by placing a few 'aaa' or 'zzz' at the start of the file name. If you installed a mod that creates NPC's do NOT pull it. Pulling corrupts your hood. If you installed Chris's Hospital mod you will need to put it back right away as it does create NPC's. That or start a new neighbourhoods. Also make sure to install and keep a Super Hug fix mod in at all times as pulling social mods may result in this Maxis made code coming out of your installation files and showing up in your game play where all your sims do autonomously is hug, all the time. Boiling Oils No Sim Loaded is one fix and if you put that in and never remove it you won't ever get the Super Hug.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#31 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I have registered with BAS in order to download some of the things that Charity linked to. In order to register I had to agree to "not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented". . .

So clearly I won't find anything like that on Back Alley Sims, Will I?

Yeah, I had to re-register because I forgot the login I created there eons ago, and when I read that, knowing what's to be had on that site, I just about died laughing. I mean, seriously? Obviously, they pulled the language from some generic legal CYA blather somewhere but...yeah. Lots of laughter over here. There were tears, even.

But, even though I have a shiny new registration, I still haven't downloaded anything, although I'm interested in a few things. It's just that I'm wary because of all my other mods. I'll have to be in the right mood to possibly deal with with figuring out load order and such before I download anything and, so far, I haven't been in such a mood.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:49 PM
I had forgotten my log in as well, but it has a retrieve/reset password thingame, I just put in my email address and it sent me a new password.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#33 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:59 PM
Yeah. Tried that. Couldn't remember what email I used to register the first time. I tried the most likely candidates, but they didn't work, and I didn't feel like going through the dozens of possibilities. I have/have had a lot of email addresses, I'm afraid, most of them spam-catchers. Plus, there's no guarantee I'd remember the login for the email address I'd used even if I stumbled on the right one. Sooooo, it was just easier to create a new login using my current spam-catcher email addy.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:01 PM
LOL Andrew
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:19 PM
Someone mentioned the time controller in another thread and seeing as I hadn't found that I tracked it down and added it to the list.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 4:37 PM
Since Chris Hatch allows posting on other sites, I'll have to get them up on my site....
Scholar
#37 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 9:42 PM
I am trying out the "visit other sims" hack...i never knew it was possible!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:21 PM
Would it be even remotely possible to unravel the coding that creates the school and the childcare centre in his A&N stuff mod? I am desperate to have both of those in my game (I can live without the hospital, as I'd prefer to play my doctors myself, but if necessary, I'd be okay with it.) I ask this as someone willing to volunteer for the task if someone better at coding is willing to split the job with me!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:24 PM
Simlogical already has a school.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#40 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:06 AM
Thank you for doing this

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#41 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:33 AM
The hospital absolutely requires A&N right, and definitely creates NPCs? I've been pondering it for a while, and will probably continue pondering until I end up with a computer that can no longer play TS2... And are the wedding mat and the flowers for Mom safe to pull if you decide you don't like them? Or do they break things when you pull them?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Theorist
#42 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:44 AM
Not to sound to blonde here, but .. umm.. what's A&N?
Theorist
#43 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:45 AM
Angels & Nurses. It's Chris Hatch's religion-and-hospital mod that is complicated enough and big enough to effectively be another EP. (Expansion Pack.)

I wouldn't mind a hospital in my game, but I don't want any religious stuff. Personal preference, that's all -- it's cool if other people do.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:49 AM
Not sure on the wedding mat as I haven't used it, does it produce a priest? If so that would be an NPC. The flowers are just that, a bunch of flowers in the child's hand that goes to mums inventory.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#45 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:21 AM
I have the wedding mat. It does NOT produce a priest or anything else. It does grab a couple of girls, if available, from the family you're playing, to be flower girls/bridesmaids. If there aren't any available, it's just like using a regular arch. Oh, I think it plays a snitch of music, too. I'm not sure if the arches do that or not. And, I don't ever have the videos on, so can't tell you if there's one of those.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
The hospital absolutely requires A&N right, and definitely creates NPCs? I've been pondering it for a while, and will probably continue pondering until I end up with a computer that can no longer play TS2... And are the wedding mat and the flowers for Mom safe to pull if you decide you don't like them? Or do they break things when you pull them?

No and yes. The version I linked to doesn't require T&A or A&N, but the nurses and doctors are NPCs.

From when the safe to delete question was asked.

If the memories (CJH_Hospital_Memory.package, CJH_MemBabyAdoptOut.package) were installed and have been used then they should never be removed.
NPCs use the template they were created from for pie menus and op-codes so unless you can delete the nurses you should keep the nurse templates and nurse skin. The doctor NPCs would have been added into your neighbourhood and some sims may have formed relationships and memories that depend on them so it would be safest to keep them installed. (they should be in the service sim family so you'll never see them in game without hospitals).
After removing all hospitals from your neighbourhoods it should be safe to delete everything else.
Theorist
#47 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 11:42 AM
@gazania

Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Again, be careful with that visitors mod. Make SURE no Sims leave or that no new ones enter the lot. A couple of us did get grayed-out build and buy sections that we just couldn't get rid of until we moved everyone out of the affected house and back in again. Personally, I would use the Blender to ban as many Sims as possible until the visit has been completed. That might cut down on the number of walkbys who might decide to enter the lot and flap their arms the moment a stove catches on fire. Or use a no-fire mod. That might work better, since it will hopefully stop a firefighter from entering the lot. Watch out for maids and gardeners as well, I would surmise.

Sorry, that was posted long ago, but...

Does it mean that if a sim family that is being visited hired a butler or a maid, they cannot be visited? Do I understand correctly that the butler or maid will become selectable and bork the lot? This is sad, most of my sims hire maids
Mad Poster
#48 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:34 PM
I am registered on that site - I've never downloaded anything at all because I can't find anything and I gave up - yet they sent me a nice e-mail congratulating my on my b-day last year
@AndrewGloria - laughing for days now
Theorist
#49 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 3:51 PM
There is a new hack on BAS that seems fairly family-friendly, although I have not yet tried it out. It enables game code that allows sims to flirt via text message. I hesitate to link to the page itself, because it has an illustration with naughty bits (I think just because that's how Chris Hatch plays his game, not because the texts are naughty), but here is a description of what the hack does:

Quote:
Sim's that have a mobile phone will get the option to Flirt.../Text Message on other sims that have a mobile phone and that they are romantically compatible with.

Once they use that option the phone line controller is notified and it generates a text message controller. The text message controller will idle for a couple of minutes then cause the receiving sim's phone to ring, the response and relationship change from the receiving sim can be positive, negative or none at all depending on attraction score. After the receiving sim has responded, after a couple of minutes the controller will cause the original sim's phone to ring with the response, when that sim answers the phone there is another small relationship change and the controller self deletes. If either sim does not respond in a timely manner or can't respond then the controller will self delete. The animations, controller etc. already exist in the game.

Scholar
#50 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 5:05 PM
Aww, that sounds cute!
Next time i'm on BAS i will definitely have a look at it! :D
Page 2 of 12