Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Taxi Charge Mod (Updated Oct 16)

by Sleepy-Genius Posted 29th Jul 2014 at 4:13 PM - Updated 16th Oct 2015 at 2:28 PM by Sleepy-Genius

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 91 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
Thank you so much for this Mod ... I've been waiting for something like this for Taxis.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:01 PM
Thanks for this! I noticed in the video that each Sim was charged individually. Is there a way to make it so that if a group of Sims gets in the cab, they will be charged only one fee for the whole group? In my city, the number (or age) of individuals doesn't matter, the fee is based solely on the distance traveled, and it would be nice to be able to implement that in my game.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:21 PM
OMG, this is awesome! Love this so much!

Now if I only could stop my sims taking cabs to the subway. I mean, who does that?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
Please tell me this affects inactive sims. Im using NRas' SP and I'm always looking for ways to make inactive have less money too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:51 PM
You did it. This is genius. I can't thank you enough for this.
Reading your explanations i can see it was not peace of cake. 1000s of thanks.
forever grateful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:01 PM
Gotta love the realism.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:11 PM
Cool! I like that Elders, Teens and Children get a discount. Thank you! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:59 PM Last edited by vortex199 : 31st Jul 2014 at 11:54 AM.
You are the best!

- On another note, it does not seem to be working. But looking forward to the update.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:02 PM
You finally did it, congratulations! It works great, Thank you so much for this excellent mod! I've always wanted my sims to be charged for taking a taxi as they used them so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:14 PM
Thanks for this brilliant mod. I'm always on the lookout for ways to make my sims pay
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by urbz
Thank you so much for this Mod ... I've been waiting for something like this for Taxis.

You are very welcome.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Thanks for this! I noticed in the video that each Sim was charged individually. Is there a way to make it so that if a group of Sims gets in the cab, they will be charged only one fee for the whole group? In my city, the number (or age) of individuals doesn't matter, the fee is based solely on the distance traveled, and it would be nice to be able to implement that in my game.

You're Welcome.
Yeah... We tried it that way, but there is no way to actually do that right now. I could not find a piece of code that represented the actual 'time' in the Sims 3 code. I just decided to do a flat fee. I thought that would be easier to handle, especially with discounts and such.

There is a way to just charge on person in the group for the total fee, but you will have to make sure that that sim (whichever you want to be 'ring leader') is active/selected. I found that out through trail and error.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
OMG, this is awesome! Love this so much!

Now if I only could stop my sims taking cabs to the subway. I mean, who does that?

(^.^) I'm glad you love it.
I completely understand how you feel. But you will get the last laugh because they will now have to pay for their cab rides to the subway, and possibly soon the subway rides.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Sleepy-Genius : 29th Jul 2014 at 9:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Please tell me this affects inactive sims. Im using NRas' SP and I'm always looking for ways to make inactive have less money too

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this current mod does not affect inactive sims; however, with a few simple tweaks, I can make that happen! I also learned through trial and error.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by debilucho
forever grateful.

I know, right? I had a lot of help from Cmar and others.

You are welcome.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by debilucho
forever grateful.

I know, right? I had a lot of help from Cmar and others.

You are welcome. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IbKayun
Gotta love the realism.

That I do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lastgale
Cool! I like that Elders, Teens and Children get a discount. Thank you! :D

You are welcome.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vortex199
You are the best!

Nae-ga jae-il cha-la-ga
Sorry. A little Kpop humor. I love 2NE1!

You are welcome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
You finally did it, congratulations! It works great, Thank you so much for this excellent mod! I've always wanted my sims to be charged for taking a taxi as they used them so much!

Thank you for testing it. I'm glad you like it.
Our sims really do make a lot of money... lucky pixel things they are...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ukbucket
Thanks for this brilliant mod. I'm always on the lookout for ways to make my sims pay

Same here. haha.
You're welcome.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:59 PM
This is a GREAT idea! Cool; I don't know why taxis are free; Sunset Valley's economy must be something else :blink: :lol:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:14 PM
Thank you, I always look for ways to have my sims spend their money.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 12:10 AM
I have been wanting something like this or years! Thank you so much!!!
Page 1 of 7