Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 6:20 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 6th Sep 2014 at 5:49 AM. Reason: Made title a proper haiku instead of an almost-one.
Default Note for creators / Bugs and Glitches in full game / Are easy to fix (Demo vs. full game CAS Parts)
From tumblr (apparently a user in Asia):

Quote: Originally posted by simminy cricket
been playing the sims 4 for about an hour now and unfortunately quite a bit of the custom content didn’t translate well to the actual game. a lot of recolors give the sim crazy wonky arms rendering them useless and some hairstyles are just as bad and equally unable to use. just a heads up to any CC creators who might see this!

Quote: Originally posted by simminy cricket
default eyes work great! the only problem i’ve seen so far are with a few recolors and a couple new hairstyles. everything else seems to be good, like skins, freckles, tattoos, facial piercings, moles, etc, and it all looks great!

I don’t know more about this (I am not in Asia), but you may want to test your CC in game reclone from game files sooner rather than later =).
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 1st Sep 2014 at 7:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
From tumblr (apparently a user in Asia):

I don’t know more about this (I am not in Asia), but you may want to test your CC in game sooner rather than later =).

I took a look at this issue, and found out that the meshes that are referenced by the CASPart (the data we use to create a recolor) have different identifiers in the full game as compared to the Demo.

This means that for people using Color Magic, you will need to download Color Magic 0.5.0 or later and choose "The Sims 4" from the dropdown on the 2nd page and then re-create any recolor packages you wish to distribute!

Any textures that you have created for your recolors can be re-imported into the new packages so you won't have lost the important part of the work.

If you don't have Color Magic 0.5.0 or later, you can download it here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404

Examples of the kinds of things you'll see are here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532356

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 6:51 PM
Awesome, that sounds like an easy fix. Thank you!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:02 PM
I assume that if we used MeshMagic or CAS Cloner (that exports the GEOM files as part of the package) will be fine?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
Emino reported here that default replacement tattoos and eye textures are working okay, so it seems to just be non-default stuff that needs fixing. Default replacements (probably all of them, not just these) require no fixing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
I assume that if we used MeshMagic or CAS Cloner (that exports the GEOM files as part of the package) will be fine?

Right now we can only assume but yes, the above does sound like the issue comes up when EA meshes are being referenced. I’m just not sure what the person who made those tumblr posts means by “hairstyle” .. to me, “style” would mean a custom mesh, but maybe they just use the word differently.

Best would be to test it for yourself, as always =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Instructor
#7 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero

Having never used either program, I can't say for sure, but I'm thinking 95% likely that they will be fine. It all depends on how they do the clone process.

*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
I took a look at this issue, and found out that the meshes that are referenced by the CASPart (the data we use to create a recolor) have different identifiers in the full game as compared to the Demo.

This means that for people using Color Magic, you will need to download Color Magic 0.5.0 or later and choose "The Sims 4" from the dropdown on the 2nd page and then re-create any recolor packages you wish to distribute!

Any textures that you have created for your recolors can be re-imported into the new packages so you won't have lost the important part of the work.

If you don't have Color Magic 0.5.0 or later, you can download it here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404

Examples of the kinds of things you'll see are here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532356

Thanks granthess, re-exporting package files and putting our custom dds files into them again isn't as bad as like having to start over or anything... shame we need to do that but I guess that's what I get for making cc based on the demo.
So this means we need to insure that any other people's cc we download is made using the actual game's files and also we won't be able to test new items using the demo, right? Like will recolors done with the game files work in the demo? (I suppose I could test this since CM is letting me see the new files and I still have the demo installed, but I figure you probably already know)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:21 PM
Thank goodness I held off on going mad and creating tonnes of recolours then!
I would have created more by now but the demo didn't really have the meshes I would have liked and I wanted to see what the final game shipped with so that I wasn't wasting my time creating something that ended up being in the final release anyway.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfeetunder
Thanks granthess, re-exporting package files and putting our custom dds files into them again isn't as bad as like having to start over or anything... shame we need to do that but I guess that's what I get for making cc based on the demo.
So this means we need to insure that any other people's cc we download is made using the actual game's files and also we won't be able to test new items using the demo, right? Like will recolors done with the game files work in the demo? (I suppose I could test this since CM is letting me see the new files and I still have the demo installed, but I figure you probably already know)

Correct, this means that we can't use the demo to test recolors

Maybe they'll update the demo? (unlikely, I know!)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:31 PM
But why would one want to use the demo for testing recolours? I would hope CAS (the actual, non-demo one) doesn’t take that much more time to load .. ?

Forum Resident
#12 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:51 PM
But why would one want to use the demo for testing recolours? I would hope CAS (the actual, non-demo one) doesn’t take that much more time to load .. ?

one can wish!

- Question.. After re doing it in the new version of color magic.. then in S4pe do i still have to change the casp numbers? (C+f and rename)
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:34 AM

I think SimGuruModSquad said that we don't have to load the full game to get to CAS in the full game so it shouldn't be too hard to test, I'm crossing my fingers on that.
Sort of sad for folks who will only have the demo for awhile, not much we can do about that unless some of us want to be too nice and make a demo version of an item and a full version. *shrug*
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simfeetunder
SimGuruModSquad said that we don't have to load the full game to get to CAS

Exactly, that’s what I meant. I took that as a fact (since that was .. three days before release or something). Source here.