Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2076 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Apparently, Buzzler moderates that too.

Not that bad, if he wanted to delete the group we could tell him "Oh, but it was YOU who told us to go here!"
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2077 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
I kind of like the Reddit idea. Not to mention after looking at the rules for social groups:

Wasn't that the reason why the Receptacle was closed, because its survival and negativity made the mods facepalm?

But Buzzler told us to go there, if they complain about the group we can link back to their very own post. Edit: Ninja'd by Sigel

As of now I would not worry to much about it until the group gets rolling, perhaps everything will turn out alright. I don't see how anybody should have troubles with us posting in our group as long as we don't attack individuals directly.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2078 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
I don't see how anybody should have troubles with us posting in our group as long as we don't attack individuals directly.

Can't there be a joining clause such as you waive your right to not be attacked if you join the group as a TS4 phangrl, cos we iz da hatrz?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#2079 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:54 PM
Also re: 'why was it okay to bash TS3?' - I don't remember anyone ever saying back before TS4 that bashing EA isn't allowed on the site.
Mad Poster
#2080 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:07 PM
Reddit is doable for me..FB, not so much. That's my social life around my area..not sims related. I'd rather not have anyone from the area know what I do for a game. It'd be a bit embarrassing.

Not yahoo groups, either. They're a bitch to get into and they're timed delayed...

But anyway, if we can move our little group of misfits off MTS it would be best. I'm sure that the mods wouldn't be upset at all. Whether or not MTS is kissing EA's ass or not, I don't like the idea of being told how to post, what to post and where.

I'm old enough to resent this kind of 'shuffling off to Buffalo.'
Theorist
#2081 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:09 PM
We're moving already?! I just want to pop in and talk about the Sims 4 (or gaming in general) on occasion with other Sims fans... I'm going to hang out here for awhile and see how it goes. Surely the mods won't begrudge us one thread in a dusty corner of the site...
Scholar
#2082 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Reddit is doable for me..FB, not so much. That's my social life around my area..not sims related. I'd rather not have anyone from the area know what I do for a game. It'd be a bit embarrassing.

Not yahoo groups, either. They're a bitch to get into and they're timed delayed...

But anyway, if we can move our little group of misfits off MTS it would be best. I'm sure that the mods wouldn't be upset at all. Whether or not MTS is kissing EA's ass or not, I don't like the idea of being told how to post, what to post and where.

I'm old enough to resent this kind of 'shuffling off to Buffalo.'

Oh, yeah, Reddit would be cool!
Also, what the hell is going on? As far as I can gather, the mods shut down the Receptacle and now they're going to shut down this thread?
#2083 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Oh, yeah, Reddit would be cool!
Also, what the hell is going on? As far as I can gather, the mods shut down the Receptacle and now they're going to shut down this thread?

Don't panic, we're just scaremongering. After all, a new subculture must have a new conspiracy theory

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#2084 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:16 PM
Well, we do have the uncanny knack of going off topic a lot.

And just in case anyone really wants to go onto a discussion site, there's always Skype.
You don't have to necessarily talk to one another on it, and it's almost instanteous-and there's a mode for group talk as well.

Tinfoil hat time!
Scholar
#2085 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Don't panic, we're just scaremongering. After all, a new subculture must have a new conspiracy theory

What's our subculture name? Every subculture needs a name
Forum Resident
#2086 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:31 PM
Some people have suggested "Receptacle Refugee" but I think it's open for suggestions. Those of us who are from the infamous "Things I've Heard / Chat Thread" (predating the Receptacle) perhaps don't all fit that as well. Hmmm.
Retired
retired moderator
#2087 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:31 PM
I don't want to be a part of any sub-culture that would have me as a member.

This whole debacle continues to be silly, and blown out of all proportion *by the mods*. I was surprised to see the suggestion that The Receptacle (as dumb an idea as it was) is "keeping the disappointment alive". Quite the opposite, disappointment is the only thing keeping that thread (and now this) alive. The game and its development does more to keep the disappointment alive than any meagre thread. I don't need a thread, and never have actually had a thread, keeping my disappointment over Simcity 5 alive, the game manages that quite well even to this very day.

It's weird how the mods seem to be sort of... ...in denial about the widespread disappointment TS4 has garnered, or they want to sweep it aside. But that's the thing about widespread disappointment. It's fairly widespread. You can't make it disappear for the people who DO like the game by wishful thinking and vigilant thought-policing. I don't imagine opinions like those in the Receptacle (for better or worse) will be any less present in the TS4 forum now that the thread has gone, because the sentiments that drove the thread are not gone, nor are they any less relevant to TS4's past, present, and future.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#2088 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:36 PM
Aren't we the Receptacleists or something? Though Receptacle Refugee is cool as well and easier to write.

Top Secret Researcher
#2089 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:38 PM
I had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, but was dreaming of pulled pork with vinegar barbeque sauce. Not, alas, on the cards.

At least I also had a chocolate fudge chocolate chip cookie.

ETA: Lilacs are long done here in S.C., and the magnolias haven't really started up yet. The iris are ending their reign, and the lilies are on the way. Our peonies are blooming, though, and the roses are in bloom.
Retired
retired moderator
#2090 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:40 PM
Receptacools? Rejectacles? Receptacons? Re-receptacles? Sub-cuticles?

#2091 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:49 PM
I know! We can call ourselves "The Received". After all one is received by a receptacle. It is a receptacle's purpose to receive.

Mad Poster
#2092 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
We're moving already?! I just want to pop in and talk about the Sims 4 (or gaming in general) on occasion with other Sims fans... I'm going to hang out here for awhile and see how it goes. Surely the mods won't begrudge us one thread in a dusty corner of the site...

You would think so, right? It's just that they have garnered a spirit of distrust now, so we are a bit uneasy to be left to their whims.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Forum Resident
#2093 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:50 PM
"The Received" I like it! Sounds wonderfully ominous!

Mad Poster
#2094 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:52 PM
I like it, but it is also kind of creepy. I'm not quite sure why yet. lol

Field Researcher
#2095 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:52 PM
I also had a peanut butter sandwich but mine was for dinner. I live the high life, what can I say? What about Receptacularists?

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2096 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:56 PM
The Receptionists?

No, didn't think so.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Retired
retired moderator
#2097 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:56 PM
I had peanut butter on toast. But two pieces of toast, so it was sort of like a peanut butter sandwich that had been toast and torn apart. Which makes me think of a certain recent scene in a certain TV show. #spoilers

#2098 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:58 PM
Cult names are meant to be creepy.

Mad Poster
#2099 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:59 PM
And that's why I like it.

Retired
retired moderator
#2100 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:01 PM
Okay, are we seriously NOT considering "The Receptionists"? Cos personally I think we should be worshipping maxon as our new god for that one.

Page 84 of 130