Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:19 AM
Thanks for this

Is it possible to include skintones in there? That could really come in handy. I'm not talking about the greyscale files, but the base tones instead.
example
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#52 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
adds the ability to make multiple recolors without having to re-run Color Magic over and over

Do you have any plans to make this possible for defaults as well? Or is that technically unrelated? (Don't mean to bug you, I just want to know since I want to make overrides for all the blonde / platinum hair -- I'm not in a hurry with that, I just don't want to spend loads of time exporting them all and *then* discover it would have worked with one click in the next version =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#53 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Do you have any plans to make this possible for defaults as well?

There's a box you can tick to make the item default replacement right in the section where you select the item.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#54 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:11 PM
That I know =) I was referring to making multiple defaults without having to re-run the program. (Like being able to select all the hairs at once, and then batch export)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Instructor
Original Poster
#55 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That I know =) I was referring to making multiple defaults without having to re-run the program. (Like being able to select all the hairs at once, and then batch export)

Being able to select multiple inputs like that would require a total rewrite of the tool, so it is unlikely to happen.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
Thanks for this

Is it possible to include skintones in there? That could really come in handy. I'm not talking about the greyscale files, but the base tones instead.
example

I don't have enough information about how the skin tone resources are setup to know how to clone / edit them yet. Hopefully SimGuruModSquad will start getting us the information soon.

Test Subject
#57 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:24 PM
Thanks again granthes.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#58 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:24 PM
Grant, are we sure the guy is genuine? He doesn't have a Simguru rank on the BBS like the others do, and it's a) funny he started posting at a weekend when moderators are usually not about and b) funny he started posting at a weekend when real simgurus are not usually posting. He sounds convincing but I am gonna reserve enthusiasm till we know for sure.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#59 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:30 PM
Inge -- That "weekend" was friday afternoon in the US, no? Aren't EA on the west coast?

granthes -- Thanks for the info re. multiple inputs =) I'll do it little by little, then.

How about the program not closing, though? Would that also be that complicated? (It'd still save about 3-4 clicks every time, and with the amount of hairstyles in the game, that would be .. a lot)

#60 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:39 PM
The sims staff pack up real work early on a Friday and have their little weekly office social. Like I say I am neither rushing to reject nor rushing to welcome, I have posted on the BBS encouraging him to get his rank assigned properly, which if it's going to should be done tomorrow one assumes, and I have also tweeted Graham asking if he knows the guy

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#61 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 6:14 PM
Doesn't the official forum screen against people naming themselves SimGuru[Something]?
#62 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
Doesn't the official forum screen against people naming themselves SimGuru[Something]?

Crin thinks not (and you know how disorganised that new forum is). Does anyone wanna try it? Oh and his first post was Saturday not Friday.

Inventor
#63 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 7:15 PM
Yes, the way the forum is handled (and many other things for that matter) is sometimes questionable. I just saw he answered that he's working on it. Maybe he can get someone to give him mod rank on Monday.

I did notice that he didn't really answer Kuree's question about how Python is integrated with the game engine. I really want to ask when the documentation will be available, but I'm pretty sure the answer would be that they can't promise a date and that they're working on it.
Eminence Grise
#64 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:42 AM
My thread was redundant with Grant's, so I deleted mine Here's the illustration though... robe recategorized as athletic wear! Weren't any full body athletic outfits so I wanted to fix that Also added a color tag (which was missing) and corrected the material Whatever intern is in charge of flags at EA was not very thorough.

... Not to derail this thread away from SimGuruModSquad's bona fides, or lack thereof

Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:28 PM
Default Color Magic 0.2.2 Released
An updated Color Magic tool is available for download. This version should correct all cases of the swatch-hover crash issue!

The download is available at Sims 4 Stuff n Things

Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#66 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:50 AM
Thanks, as always! You're brilliant.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 2:19 AM
Thanks a lot granthes super job !

If you want to know your future...create it!
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:46 PM
Default Color Magic 0.5.0 Released
I've just released a new version of Color Magic. You can download it here

This version adds two new features.

First, thanks to VelocityGrass, I have added the full list of Categories and Values to the flags editor.

Second, I now have Color Magic read the registry and detect if you have CAS Demo and/or The Sims 4 installed. The old method of browsing to the .package file is still supported as well but since the full game has 22 .package files vs the single one from the demo, I had to improve the process a bit.

I'm not 100% sure this detection will work for non en_US (English) installations of the game, so if you have problems with the game selection dropdown box, please let me know.

Eminence Grise
#69 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:52 PM
Just to clarify for everybody, this means that if you have the origin preload version of TS4 installed, you can start working on full release recolors... NOW

This version also includes ALL the flag settings, which is entertaining and informative, even if most of it isn't usable with the demo
Test Subject
#70 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:33 PM
Awesome! Now I just need to wait until the 2nd to pre-load the game.
Test Subject
#71 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:33 AM
Hello just for saying Thanks and the detection work perfectly for me (France)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#72 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:24 AM
For anyone having issues with getting ColorMagic to recognise the game folder (dropdown on screen #2), this post http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12616505 (granthes @ EA forum) might be of help.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:30 PM
Default ColorMagic issue..crashing when trying to add a swatch.
So I'm using the program and anytime, no matter the clothing, that I pick and I go to add color swatch it crashes on me....anyone know how I can fix it?

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#74 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:22 AM
Which version are you using?

Also, merging this with the main ColorMagic thread -- in case the current version is crashing.

Instructor
#75 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:40 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:37 AM. Reason: Merged threads
Default Color Magic 0.8.1 issues
Has anyone else had issues with CM 0.8.1? This has been happening prior to yesterdays patch so I can rule that out.

I am having to use 0.5.2 as 0.8.1 crashes each time it attempts to access the game package data, IE first screen. It still works fine for the CAS Demo though. Ive noticed in the normally greyed out manual select path at the very end of the address it is listing the Resource.cfg file where are before, IE 0.5.2 it is just blank after the \ which is the way it is meant to be, and it refuses to let me change it.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

Was unpacked correctly using 7zip.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Page 3 of 4