Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 4:00 AM
Replies: 4900 (Who?), Viewed: 288159 times.
Page 1 of 197
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:08 AM
Default What did you discover today while playing TS4?
Because there are same threads about both TS2 and TS3, I present you a TS4: "What did you discover today while playing The Sims?" thread.

I discovered that sad sims can cry it out and if that doesn't help, and they go to sleep, they will cry in their sleep. I like that face XD
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:09 AM
Not today, but yesterday I discovered that embarrassed sims can "hide from the world" in their bed. Unfortunately, I didn't get the interaction off before her mood changed back to normal :-(
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM
There is a "Release Spirit to Netherworld" option on graves/urns. Think we might get ghosts someday? I know I know, I'll stop hoping for supernaturals and occults

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
There is a "Release Spirit to Netherworld" option on graves/urns. Think we might get ghosts someday? I know I know, I'll stop hoping for supernaturals and occults

It's weird that they have so many features that seem to link to other features that aren't in the game, like this and fires (fires without fire fighters is a serious oversight, imo). Kinda makes me wonder if they'll patch in some features rather than charging us for th--

sorry, had to stop laughing before I could finish that and now I made myself sad
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:19 AM
Sad sims can "Water with tears" when gardening. Tense sims, when getting food from the fridge will slam the fridge door closed.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:29 AM
Depending on the sims current mood, they can paint some pretty funny stuff on the easel. Sad painting are my favorite :P
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:41 AM Last edited by Mimoliin : 5th Sep 2014 at 12:58 AM.
- Sims won't flirt with each other unless they already "unlocked" the romantic relationship progression bar through user directed actions. Made a Sims 4 "Big Brother", bunched four male and four female sims together in one building, no one related to another, and a few of them either romantic or with the romance ambition. Fast forward 1-2 sims weeks and some of them had become friends, but not one romantic relationship progression bar had been unlocked automatically.

- Sims don't like sharing bed with people they; 1) Don't know (just like in previous installments in the franchise), 2) Only are friends with. Same playtesting household as above - the sims simpy would not share beds, even if they were friends. Will make two of them good friends and check if that changes anything.

- You can find parts needed for upgrading household appliances when fishing.

- Your sim can watch TV and use the tab at the same time = insanely quick boost to the fun motive.
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoliin
- Your sim can watch TV and use the tab at the same time = insanely quick boost to the fun motive.

My mom does this a lot IRL, but she doesn't see the quick boost in fun. This makes me want to get a tablet for one of my sim families one day.

Oh! Some sims are more affectionate than others. Alexander Goth (grown-up) is VERY loving and sweet to his wife, Lorna. I just watched them cuddle and flirt for a good 5 minutes in awe. It's so cute. Other husbands/wives are only a little affectionate. There will be that random kiss or hug, but Alex likes the initiate a lot. Just my findings.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:48 AM
I discovered that The Sims 4 actually does have the same interactions as The Sims 3, but they're just locked under particular skill sets. For example, programming now leads to hacking instead of any sim with a computer wiz trait being able to.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:52 AM
Quote:
- Sims won't flirt with each other unless they already "unlocked" the romantic relationship progression bar through user directed actions. Made a Sims 4 "Big Brother", bunched four male and four female sims together in one building, no one related to another, and a few of them either romantic or with the romance ambition. Fast forward 1-2 sims weeks and some of them had become friends, but not one romantic relationship progression bar had been unlocked automatically

God this is disappointing -_- I was hoping for some better social autonomy when it came to romance.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:52 AM
- You can drag dirty dishes to the sink to dispose of them, but sometimes it creates a garbage pile on the floor. If this happens, Sims can dig through the garbage to get upgrade parts.

- Sims will take pictures of their dinner and post them.

- Books are self-published now, you have to click on the mailbox to publish after writing it.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Theorist
#12 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:54 AM
Does anyone know if we can see the selfies and group pictures that sims take? I haven't been able to find anything about this or find the pictures.

Instructor
#13 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantAzure
God this is disappointing -_- I was hoping for some better social autonomy when it came to romance.

At least autonomy that made sense, preferably in combination with a well thought through and implemented attraction system.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote:
At least autonomy that made sense, preferably in combination with a well thought through and implemented attraction system.

Hopefully they implement said attraction system without mucking it up like the Sims 3 did. Then again, modders will always come around to fix it. ^^
Instructor
#15 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
Does anyone know if we can see the selfies and group pictures that sims take? I haven't been able to find anything about this or find the pictures.

My sim with pretty high charisma can upload pictures to his social network page (still can't view them though). Not sure if it's in any relation to taken selfies or if it's just a random interaction.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:58 AM
Custom Music is still in the game. But you have to put the music files within one of the genres in the folder. I tried making another station, but it didn't show up. But it doesn't really matter to me. If I don't want a genre (or the songs in it) I can just disable all the ingame songs on it and add my own.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:00 AM
I found that you can paint, listen to music and carry on a conversation all at the same time. Of all of the changes, this is the most fantastic. No more single-rail activities. I also love that the sims seem to seek social conversation without prompting. Had my one sim eating, who then grabbed the dish and walked over to the other to talk while she painted.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirick
I found that you can paint, listen to music and carry on a conversation all at the same time. Of all of the changes, this is the most fantastic. No more single-rail activities. I also love that the sims seem to seek social conversation without prompting. Had my one sim eating, who then grabbed the dish and walked over to the other to talk while she painted.

Oh man, you can triple task? That's pretty awesome. Multi-tasking is by far the best advancement of the series so far. Being able to go about your business and maintain your relationships makes everything feel so much more alive.
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:21 AM
I found out that you can watch your sims at work. In a way.

I started a new family within the same save but in a different neighborhood, I then sent one of the sims on a date at a bar where I saw a sim I made that lived in the other neighborhood and her job was a mixologist; working at the bar! Despite the fact there's no major open world or story progression, I really like these features.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:21 AM
1. Smelting metals has become purifying elements. (And I'm a chemist, so I'm OK with that.) It takes first a phone call to the local geology center or something like that, then a second call to send them the sample. Sims can collect elements thus purified -- their periodic table seems to have about 15 elements.

2. Apparently Sims can make pen pals via the computer, then collect postcards on a cork board, but I haven't investigated this track yet.

3. I think the chance of starting a fire the first time a Sim cooks something is close to 100%.

4. I just started over with a mature adult father and his child-age son. Just finished building their house thank you motherlode and I'm having trouble finding anything the child can actually DO. Initial results are that he can't even paint. I will look for a children's easel next.

ETA: Oh right, also y'all are so mean to your sad Simmies. I haven't had a sad toon yet, nor one angry enough for the fabled Angry Poop.
Scholar
#21 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:34 AM
I caught a kind, friendly sim at cheating at chess. In Sims2 only the mean ones could do that.
(The cheater was rennaisance sim, her partner a genius and the genius had won a game that same morning - so the new sims seem to really harbour grudges and act them out.)
Instructor
#22 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:36 AM
If your front door is placed so that the green arrow points inwards, sims who stop by will miraculously teleport inside your house when they knock on your door.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:37 AM
You can evolve plants to make them better quality.

You can splice plant cuttings onto another plant, I have an Apple/Pear tree now and a Bluebell/Lily.

It is A LOT easier to interview people for the Journalist career track. Just a few socials and boom done.

People can talk to you while your Sim is writing or just on the computer now, just like the painting.
Theorist
#24 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaas

4. I just started over with a mature adult father and his child-age son. Just finished building their house thank you motherlode and I'm having trouble finding anything the child can actually DO. Initial results are that he can't even paint. I will look for a children's easel next.

There is a children's activity desk I think in the kids section of build/buy. It's cute to watch them paint and draw since they sometimes add macaroni to the painting lol

Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:47 AM
Discovered about 100 things today a few juicy ones...

1. There are unlockable outfits in CAS just have to do the right things to get them as rewards.
2. The computer unlocks tons and tons of new stuff as you mess with the various skills in it.
3. Pretty much every skill object I've used branches into more and more tree's and skill sets of things to do with the object. The violin at level 4 has opened both multiple songs and concerto's pretty neat.
4. Painting can make quicker money then actual jobs think I sold one painting for close to 6k.
5. After completing an aspiration to Tier 4 you get too pick a new one and some of the tier rewards are pretty neat.
6. If your not happy with interactions listed you can click again and again to get a whole different set pause works well with this.
7. farming is kinda twisted i made an apple spinach plant but still can't find any tomatoes. haven't figured out what the flowers are for but been making good money selling them.

The people saying there isn't allot of content haven't really gotten into it yet, I'm finding new stuff every time I add a new object to the house.
Page 1 of 197