Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 4901 (Who?), Viewed: 288259 times.
Page 2 of 197
Instructor
#26 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:58 AM

INSTRUCTIONS UNCLEAR, GOT STUCK ON THE ROOF
Field Researcher
#27 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:05 AM
Frog breeding can be a good way to make some quick funds and they can be used as bait.
Bonus, there's a Hypnofrog...
Field Researcher
#28 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:29 AM
Not a huge discovery but It made me chuckle when I saw my sim taking a pic of his food with his smartphone. Probably shared it on instagram afterwards.. lol If we ever get swmmng & beaches I want to see him take a pic of his bare feet lol

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:49 AM
Not sure if this qualifies as a discovery, but it made me laugh.

My sims were getting married, and I hired a caterer. The caterer arrived and started making a cake. When she finished mixing the cake and put it in the oven, she went to make another meal. Well, while the caterer was making the other meal, the groom came over to the oven, opened it up, and took the cake out in a black trash bag, then he threw it in the trash. I guess he didn't like that cake. lol!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
There is a children's activity desk I think in the kids section of build/buy. It's cute to watch them paint and draw since they sometimes add macaroni to the painting lol

Yes, I noticed it when I went looking for a children's easel. Instead I bought the kid the science table since he's the genius sort. I also got him a child's violin, THAT ought to be painful to hear at first. :D

Attaching picspam of Sammy and his son Julian playing cards. If that's not cute, then the word "cute" has no meaning.

Finally, though this doesn't have to do with gameplay per se, has anyone else seen the files in your "The Sims 4" folder called ReticulatedSplines and ReticulatedSplinesView? I can't wait for someone smarter than me to discover what they contain.

Also, the thing with the groom and the cake is hilarious. Dare I say he thought the cake was a lie?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#31 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
Sims 2 theme music plays on the retro station on the stereo. Sims with level 6 gourmet cooking skill can make a rack of lamb.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:34 AM
I thought this was pretty cute. Not sure who "they" are.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:39 AM
If you give them 5 outfits per category using the buttons above the category tabs, they will change their clothes periodically when showering or waking up in the morning. That way you can see them in different outfits without having to put in any extra effort to do so.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:40 AM
When your Sim's computer breaks they get the blue screen of death! I love it!

Scholar
#35 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaSim24
I thought this was pretty cute. Not sure who "they" are.

Give EA a break. Pronouns, like articles, are hard.

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Theorist
#36 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:12 AM
The pronoun "they" when used as gender-neutral for a single person, used to be considered grammatically correct until some guy decided a few centuries ago that he didn't like when it was used that way.

Also, the BSoD is an awesome bit of detail!

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:14 AM
I've discovered that people like to make a big deal out of small things and that people complain about things without doing any research. Oh, and I found out that you can remove the foundation on stairs by accident.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:17 AM
Found the RH bathroom. I want to place more of them around the public spaces. Shoot!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#39 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:31 AM
This isn't really new, because we already knew multitasking was a thing in the sims 4, but I had my sim Brian make pancakes while having a conversation with a friend who was sitting in the table in back of her. And I noticed how Brian would take a moment to sort of turn to her side a bit to say something, with one hand in the frying pan, and using her other hand to make conversation gestures as she talked. And then she would turn back to face the frying pan completely to pay more attention to what she was doing, but keeping up with the conversation at the same time. And it was this diving of her focus that really stood out to me. It looked so fucking real and natural, it reminded me of one of my aunts. The camera angle I had also helped with the "realism". It kinda looked like a random scene in a movie or something. I really enjoyed that simple moment.
Theorist
#40 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:34 AM
Cassandra Goth got pretty upset when she learned that she'd be an aunt.

Not something I really discovered, just something I thought was funny lol

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Theorist
#41 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:00 AM
I discovered you can place stairs on the very edge piece of curved foundation! However, if you fence it, the fence will not go away and makes the stair look as though there's no access.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:08 AM
I have discovered that Sims no longer bunch up and have tantrums about it, they just walk right through each other. I was at the museum and there was like 8 or more Sims standing in the bathroom talking and going in and out without any problems.

All my creations are free to use, no permission required. Make any changes that you want, as long as you don't upload it as your own work. Please visit us at http://TheIsleofCatarinaSims.com .We are former members of SapphireSims2, and have creations for Sims 2,3,and 4.
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:49 AM
My hot headed Sim grabbed a dirty dish that had been left in the kitchen, and stormed into the bathroom to yell at her [showering] sister about it. They both got so embarrassed, they hid from one another for the rest of the day, and wanted to tell self-depreciating jokes for hours, lol. Hot headed sister got a "Some things cannot be unseen" moodlet XD
The self pep talk seems to be the fastest way to turn an embarrassed mood. Cold showers are great for calming an angry sim.

Resizing objects is an awesome idea, but seriously broken. Many times, the shadow of the object does not resize. Mirror glass won't resize. The "holes" left in walls do not resize with windows. Still, I love that I can make a cheap tv large.
Alchemist
#44 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantAzure
<snip> (fires without fire fighters is a serious oversight, imo). </snip>

Fires without firefighters? How about fire alarms without firefighters?

This isn't my discovery, but so far, LGR's review is the only one that honestly wants to zoom out the camera so far so that we can see the entire place. It's similar to TS2 neighborhood and TS3 world albeit much smaller, so I don't really mind, but notice the clouds are just moving wallpapers that bound the neighborhood. Also... I'm pretty certain it's an entire neighborhood, not a world??? No wonder the game has to load every time we move neighborhood. I mean, each neighborhood has its own... "world".

Check it out on LGR's review starting at 6:16

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAngel
Resizing objects is an awesome idea, but seriously broken. Many times, the shadow of the object does not resize. Mirror glass won't resize. The "holes" left in walls do not resize with windows. Still, I love that I can make a cheap tv large.

Not broken but working as intended.... A Guru at some point in the past did explain that resizing wasn't exactly what everyone thought it would be. He explained that only the mesh itself is being resized, the internal game "Footprint" remains the same. A TV resized 10 times its original size will still have routing and viewing "connections" of the original size.
Theorist
#46 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:43 AM
I've learned that people will accentuate the negative and ignore the positive because being able to splice plants and make hybrids, which was introduced in Sims 3: University Life, as well as being able to travel in space, which was introduced in Seasons, and lots of other cool stuff, is just not fun at all because they can't waste a sim's precious time wrangling toddlers that will block stairways, nor can they deal with frustratingly fun musical cribs or nannies that insist on feeding stinky babies bottle after bottle when what the little bologna loaves need is a diaper change, and of course, the cowplant is no fun because they can no longer drown sims due to lack of swimming pools.

I've learned that obviously, EA wants to ruin everyone's fun by taking that staple of good times away. Plus, lack of ghosts means that the players can no longer get the satisfaction of the sims they care about being scared - possibly to death - in the middle of the night because Granny is pissed that one of her descendants is pregnant. All the new things Sims 4 has to offer mean nothing because of a few things that were omitted.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralore
Not broken but working as intended.... A Guru at some point in the past did explain that resizing wasn't exactly what everyone thought it would be. He explained that only the mesh itself is being resized, the internal game "Footprint" remains the same. A TV resized 10 times its original size will still have routing and viewing "connections" of the original size.

Aw, so it's not broken, just not as awesome as I had expected. I can live with that. Thanks for the intel
I'm pretty sure that the image displayed on the tv screen when it's being watched resizes fine with the tv, though I was definitely paying more attention to my sims interacting than what they were watching.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:55 AM
Default Task progress "bar"
I realised that all tasks have a progress indicator letting me (us) know how long it is before that task is finished. The progress indicator shows as a type of bar around the task icon, like in the picture, that fills with green as the task approaches completion.

NOTE: This is somewhat bugged though, sometimes they are finished before the bar has been filled. Still a nice indication, though.

Screenshots

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong

- Oscar Wilde
Theorist
#49 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:59 AM
Oh yeah. The book that says it's a recipe book for baking, isn't a recipe book. It costs 2.5k simoleons and doesn't teach your sim squat but low level cooking skill. Don't buy it. I don't even know why it's there.

Baker's Dozen is part of the name, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckk
Frog breeding can be a good way to make some quick funds and they can be used as bait.
Bonus, there's a Hypnofrog...

Hold on a second. Did you say frog breeding? Tell me more.

Nvm. I used google. *runs to her game to breed frogs for reasons*

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Scholar
#50 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:12 AM
One of the relationship statuses is "it's complicated"
I discovered this by getting one of my sims hella drunk and having him try for an entire night to flirt with his (married) friend. It's a small detail, but I think it's really cool :3

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Page 2 of 197