Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 4901 (Who?), Viewed: 288259 times.
Page 3 of 197
Field Researcher
#51 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:31 AM
You can resize objects in buildbuy mode with shift-].
Mad Poster
#52 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:50 AM
when you're sad you can click on the phone and call the 'sadness hotline' lol
Field Researcher
#53 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:56 AM
Unless you have hotheaded trait, is difficult to get a sim angry...I needed one of my sims angry for a certain objective on the "Public enemy" aspiration (he needed to get in 10 fights being angry first) and I had to rely on another sim on the same family (controlled by me) to do evil actions on the sim, to get him angry and starting fights with everyone while angry.

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Scholar
DELETED POST
5th Sep 2014 at 10:56 AM Last edited by TotallyJW : 5th Sep 2014 at 11:40 AM.
This message has been deleted by TotallyJW. Reason: meh, nvm.
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:04 AM
So. You can sort the skills menu by either name or level, which I find immensely helpful when trying to search for a specific skill~

Also, trying to sell a stack of +99 basil ends in a super freeze. Silly basil.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
Oh yeah. The book that says it's a recipe book for baking, isn't a recipe book. It costs 2.5k simoleons and doesn't teach your sim squat but low level cooking skill. Don't buy it. I don't even know why it's there.

Baker's Dozen is part of the name, I think.

Hold on a second. Did you say frog breeding? Tell me more.

Nvm. I used google. *runs to her game to breed frogs for reasons*

Frog breeding... OMG, so awesome (as Ryan would say)!
Theorist
#56 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:17 AM
Frogs are so cute! Awhile ago I tried raising a bullfrog tadpole and it got to almost completely losing its tail, and then it died

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Mad Poster
#57 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:24 AM
finally good interactions between parents and kids! you can you can use the 'kiss cheek' interaction and 'express love'.

also

couch cuddling is back!

and i learned there is a gardener for community lots

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MadameButterfly~
If you give them 5 outfits per category using the buttons above the category tabs, they will change their clothes periodically when showering or waking up in the morning. That way you can see them in different outfits without having to put in any extra effort to do so.

wait, what? Why didn't I know this! that's awesome!

I found out I really shouldn't let my clumsy sim do the dishes.. she breaks the plates. :p
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:59 AM
There are grade school homework and normal homework. High-schoolers will ocasionally look on the smartphone (probably for answers). And also grade-schoolers can work on homework with high-schoolers. It looks so cute!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:05 PM
Orphan teens CANNOT move out and live on their own. You must either
a) Stay at the house you already live at
or
b)Merge them
Mad Poster
#61 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:44 PM
Why isn't there a babysitter for children?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:01 PM
If you've hired a maid service and exit the game while the house is dirty, the maid will have "cleaned the house while you were away" when you reload.

↖ the one emotion TS4 better have
Field Researcher
#63 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:14 PM
1. My insane and evil sims laugh maniacally in their sleep - it's adorable

2. Sims will always go to the same bed autonomously after you've directed them to use it once (although kids still get in their parents bed occasionally)

3. You can place objects and furniture on a quarter turn!

4. If you send a group of sims out, you can have one go home without the others leaving. I also found that when I sent out two adult sims from my household, a third autonomously showed up on the lot as well as a walk by, and she immediately became selectable!

5. Babies can age up in story progression. I left a family with a child and a baby for a few days and when I arrived back in the house the baby had become a child and had built good relationships with the rest of his family

6. When you have a party, you can hire a Mixologist from the sims that have that as a career! Same with Entertainer and you can also throw parties at other sim's houses (I think venues might be possible too if you call from a community lot)

7. You can throw dinner parties!

8. Sims call your sim wanting to come over rather than just wanting to talk

9. You can visit other houses without needing to know the sims living in them (I haven't play tested this, but I got the 'travel' option when I clicked on a nearby house

10. There's a lot more to do then I thought!
Mad Poster
#64 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:22 PM
Venue parties aren't possible. The interaction is disabled on community lots as far as I remember.
Theorist
#65 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
Digging will make your sim ripped.
Scholar
#66 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:02 PM
I looked at shrubs and flowers and I learnt that the nature doesn't move. I know It's significant but I kinda feel sad
Field Researcher
#67 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoosh Malooka
Digging will make your sim ripped.

OMG THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!! My female sim suddenly woke up all muscular one morning. She'd only spent a few moments at the gym but a LOT of time digging. NOW I KNOW. Thankyou!!
Test Subject
#68 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:16 PM Last edited by JohnnyPepper : 5th Sep 2014 at 7:11 PM.
My sim was very tense from work so when he went to the fridge he slammed the door and was all grumpy. Quite funny. Drinking milk can make a sim happy! Unfortunately I also found a bug with writing: the game doesn't keep the progress of the book. So every time I send my sim to resume the book he's writing it goes to the beginning. That's really a bummer!

Edit: apparently that bug just happens with the computer you unlock in the writers career so use with caution.
Scholar
#69 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Enki : 5th Sep 2014 at 3:46 PM. Reason: how many typos can one fit into two lines...
I learned that (according to the description in the sims´ whim bubbles) a TV is considered a basic necessity in every household
Perhaps this explains why I have one despite never using it - to avoid the bad moodlet
Scholar
#70 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CulMiku
You can resize objects in buildbuy mode with shift-].

Is that really true? I reckon someone said it was false rumor. I tried a moment ago and I can't resize anything ,
Test Subject
#71 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:38 PM
Oh I also forgot that if you click on your sim icon while he's at work you have some options to control what he's doing Sims 3 style. Work hard, work on the skills, meet the co-workers, improve skills that kind of stuff. There's billions of tutorial pop-ups in this game and none explaining this...
Scholar
#72 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
There are grade school homework and normal homework. High-schoolers will ocasionally look on the smartphone (probably for answers). And also grade-schoolers can work on homework with high-schoolers. It looks so cute!

Eww, smartphone.

Would have been much better if they did it at the computer and then looked for answers on the computer.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
It seems sim kids don't keep any skills they learn when they turn into teenagers? Unless I am missing something...

As others have mentioned my sims have a weight problem :P
Scholar
#74 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM
Not something that I discovered but that I JUST lived : My Sims have a male kid, he was reading a book in his room, I told my Sims to go "woohoo" in their bed... and the kid just went into the bedroom hahaha, he was super shocked and received a moodlet "embarassed : impossible vision to forget ! you've surprised something you should have never seen"
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:44 PM
To create functioning undercategories in the Mods-folder more than 2 deep you have to write the Resorce.cfg like this:

Priority 500PackedFile *.packagePackedFile *\*.packagePackedFile *\*\*.packagePackedFile *\*\*\*.packagePackedFile *\*\*\*\*.packagePackedFile *\*\*\*\*\*.package etc pp just in a row. Needed half a day for it. Christ Jesus.
Page 3 of 197