Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:57 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Feb 2016 at 4:33 PM. Reason: updated dead link
Default The Game Text Editor for The Sims 4 - TS4 STBL Editor
It's a simple tool of translate the game text strings in STBL file, can be used for create your own translation (such as the languages are not included in the game).

Available GUI Languages:
English, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplicied).

.Net Framework 4.5 is required.

The STBL file can be extracted from / imported to Strings_xxx_yy.package (xxx_yy is language name) using s4pe .

Download Link:
https://github.com/cnbatch/TS4-STBL-Editor/releases
or attachment here:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  TS4_STBL_Editor.7z (210.8 KB, 4105 downloads) - View custom content
8 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Kodek : 8th Sep 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Hey c_major! Amazing application, great work, Thank You!

I hope that one day there will be version with ability to find strings (CTRL+F) or at least option to sort strings. Didn't noticed the export and import option for the first time.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:49 PM
Great work. Could you upload this Tool to Sims 4 Mods Download Section?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:58 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Sep 2014 at 4:10 PM.
Don’t give him ideas =P .. this is not a mod, it’s a tool, and as such is in the perfectly right place here. (There may be a Tools downloads section too at some point if it looks like we need one, but right now there isn’t.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:14 PM
Thanks a lot for posting this here. Once people start creating script or other text editing mods for Sims 4, this'll be handy if they'd like to translate their work for others to use.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:46 PM
How do I use this tool to add a string? It doesn't seem to stick when i do it. Also, can I use it to make a new STBL file from an XML, or is there a better tool for that?
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwurts00
How do I use this tool to add a string? It doesn't seem to stick when i do it. Also, can I use it to make a new STBL file from an XML, or is there a better tool for that?

Open your STBL, Click on the right bottom button "Edit". And in the appearing window, there is an button on the left bottom corner named "Add new String".
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 16th Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Thank you so much for this! It has proved most useful for something I wanted to try out.

ETA: Just wondering, is it possible to create String replacement mods without having to include EVERY string in the game? When I attempted to include only the strings that I had edited it caused all in-game text to appear as **[random number]** instead.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:36 PM
While the tool is great for looking at the Strings_ENG_US.package, there is no search functionality, or ability to create a stbl with one key/string in xml format. If I import one xml entry I can't save it as a new stbl. If I try to save the application states I have no stbl open.

I don't want to add or modify a key in the original package, since it is like a core change. Am I missing something in either this tool or s4pe?

For Menaceman44, are you sure you preserved the key/hash on the string you are trying to replace?
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:06 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 17th Sep 2014 at 4:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Thank you so much for this! It has proved most useful for something I wanted to try out.

ETA: Just wondering, is it possible to create String replacement mods without having to include EVERY string in the game? When I attempted to include only the strings that I had edited it caused all in-game text to appear as **[random number]** instead.

I have a nearly-blank string table and it seems to work. Just replace my entries with the ones you want. Just make sure the instance number is different from the original string table.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534969

Ultimately, this is the better way because it means any additions to the string table don't get stomped by the mod.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:22 PM
got it. Thanks Doctor.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jtravers88
For Menaceman44, are you sure you preserved the key/hash on the string you are trying to replace?

I have no idea. This is rather new territory to me. I extracted the STBL file and opened it in Notepad where I altered the text I wanted to change and deleted all other text in there before re-importing it all.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:33 AM Last edited by Morphar : 28th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM.
Sorry. I fixed.
Scholar
#14 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:20 PM
Sorry. I fixed it.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:10 AM
If anyone wants to see the contents of the Strings_ENG_US without exporting the whole thing, I exported it as XML and copy-pasted it here: http://sims-4-files.wikia.com/wiki/Strings_ENG_US

Ant content for Sims people, Sims content for Ant people
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:00 AM
I have the mod and i want to create new additional package with RUS STBL only. I do not want to change the original mod. How to?
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th May 2015 at 6:48 PM
My game can't see translated text in the game. Please help me.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 9:29 PM Last edited by DesertTRain : 26th Aug 2015 at 6:18 AM.
Great project This is not work for my native language, guess i need TS4 STBL Editor.resources file for it. I cant import xml in that :/ Do you make an explain for it? Thanks
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:39 AM
If anybody how to disable strings, could you tell me how?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 10:49 AM
How do you mean "disable strings"?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
How do you mean "disable strings"?

by disable, I mean turn off the function that the string controls
Deceased
#22 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Myakka
by disable, I mean turn off the function that the string controls

I'm thinking you mean how to disable an interaction from showing up in the pie menus? If so that has nothing to do with the string tables themselves, you should probably post your question in the Modding Discussion forum.
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:17 AM
Guys, i really need your help. There is an stbl file, which translated. I know, i can add new strings but how i would know what i gonna add? I wanna update old translated file but the strings, which came with new updates, are randomly placed?

My time is running Also sorry for bad grammar
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:56 PM
A new versions of TS4-STBL-Editor are available here - http://arturlwww.tumblr.com/post/16...tor-version-140
Version history:

14.0 - Now it’s possible to open STBL and PACKAGE files with TS4-STBL-Editor via Windows command “Open With …”
12.1 - Fixed elements on Editor window.
12.0 - Now it’s possible to delete many of selected string rows at time, not only one row per deletion.
Added a new one File menu item “Package Files - Mass insert of copied values” - to paste copied values into the STBL objects of the .package file.
CTRL+A to select all STBL items from .package file.
11.0 - Added base version of the editor with s4pi to edit STBL files directly from .package files.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:18 PM
A new versions of TS4-STBL-Editor are available here - http://arturlwww.tumblr.com/post/16...tor-version-160
Version history:

16.0 is out!
- Reworked main menu
- Added test functional to add STBL objects into the .package file.
- Reworked save functional to allow future changes for adding STBL into the packages.
- Added a new functional “Create a new STBL file in .package file” in the main menu of the MainUI - to create a new STBL record in .package file.
App page and downloads are HERE.
15.0 A lot of changes:
Fixed bug, when STBL with count of element = 0 was not saved.
Now packages and STBL files are properly closed, when a new one opened in the same app session.
Now it's possible to drag and drop on the programm not only STBL files, but .PACKAGE files too.
Added a new Link Label on main form - it will be showed, when .package file was open. This Link Label will allow you to open another STBL element from opened .package file.
In Editor you will be able to use Delete button on keyboard for deletion of the rows.
Added a new functional "New SBTL File" in main menu of the MainUI - to create a new .stbl file