Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2251 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:04 AM
So I got Strangeville and I'm playing that for a bit - I'm actually enjoying it a lot so far by the way - and this
*pause as I try to figure out the spoiler button*

Advertisement
Instructor
#2252 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:49 PM
My sister and I are doing the perfect genetics challenge together. Sister had 5 kids before she got an heir. Me? #16 out of a total 17 babies was my heir. Hopefully gen 2 I have better luck.
Scholar
#2253 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:05 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 4th Mar 2019 at 10:33 PM.
FINALLY!

After they married, Cassandra and Kjeld tried for baby and are expecting a girl, so there are two babies on the way. Fortunately their son Max is about to age up to child. Roxanna gave birth to a baby boy named Mads the following day. (The dads are Danes, obv)

Also what is up with Cassandra Goth? Why doesn't she gain any weight? Why doesn't she look stereotypically pregnant even in the 1st trimester? I've experienced teen pregnancy and how 1st trimester teens don't look pregnant, but Cassandra is a YOUNG ADULT and she doesn't look one bit pregnant. Is that typical for certain body types in this game?
Field Researcher
#2254 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 11:23 PM
I've been working on building some Greek architecture like this Greek temple I made. It was initially a bathhouse but as I'd some research I realized it becoming closer to a temple so I continued down that path.

I also made a random test Sim that I kinda like. I call him Carlos.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2255 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 5:05 PM
I realized I play Sims4 really screwed up.

I'm two more generations down the family tree since last I posted. Hopping from male heir to male heir. My newest heir, Aia, is a serial romantic. But here is the thing. Aia is engaged, and far from faithful to Britta Goth. She teen he ever brought home and just so happened to be the daughter of the Cassandra Goth. Cassandra is the SIm in which Aia's dad exchanged promise rings with but she refused to age up so got married to someone else. Thus having Aia. Next while I was not paying attention he got real flirty with an elder. Which happened to be the father of his half sister Aya. Looking at the elders (Lee Jacobs) family tree at the time of death he had five children with five different mothers so I'm not the only loose sim in town.

Now for this Serial Romantic I decided to weed out the elders to make room. So if he'd meet an elder: woman he'd whoohoo to death, and men he'd whoohoo twice and try for a baby once. Since pregnancy rarely ever worked for me on the first try I never expected a baby so early. SO now Lee is having babies with six differnt sims... And you know is now dead of overexertion. This is going to be so hard to explain to his sister Aya why and how her dad died and why her brother is having her half brother. Now not only is Aya getting a little niece or nephew, but also a new half sibling.

0_o

Remember, having your sims cheat around is fine for a single generation, but after a few generations it makes things complicated. XD

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Field Researcher
#2256 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 8:37 PM
My 2 blonde, white sims just had a black baby girl. I have no idea how that happened. I don't have auto wohoo, risky wohoo mods, I'm perfectly sure wife hasn't cheated on her husband, I made them try for baby and the baby is a cute black bundle of joy. She is loved and very well looked after but it's still interesting. Parents are both sims generated in game, so they don't have a family tree, so they have no black ancestors. I suspect something happened at the hospital. I sent them there alone. You know, sometimes hospitals accidentally switch babies. Could that be the case?

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Field Researcher
#2257 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
My 2 blonde, white sims just had a black baby girl. I have no idea how that happened. I don't have auto wohoo, risky wohoo mods, I'm perfectly sure wife hasn't cheated on her husband, I made them try for baby and the baby is a cute black bundle of joy. She is loved and very well looked after but it's still interesting. Parents are both sims generated in game, so they don't have a family tree, so they have no black ancestors. I suspect something happened at the hospital. I sent them there alone. You know, sometimes hospitals accidentally switch babies. Could that be the case?

Could also be another case of EA's shoddy genetics system. For both TS3 and TS4 they opted for a simplified, pseudo-genetics system instead of TS2 much more in-depth genetics system. Are they EA white or is it a custom skin color? I've noticed that custom skin colors can cause issues.
Scholar
#2258 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:32 PM
I'm leaning towards possibly out of date custom skins. My aliens that generate in my game or born in game do not generate with alien skin but rather human skin because the creator of the skin hasn't updated anything in eons.
Field Researcher
#2259 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Could also be another case of EA's shoddy genetics system. For both TS3 and TS4 they opted for a simplified, pseudo-genetics system instead of TS2 much more in-depth genetics system. Are they EA white or is it a custom skin color? I've noticed that custom skin colors can cause issues.

Custom skin tones. It's probably caused by that. I think I have a set of default replacement skin tones, some face-mask type of skins and also some skin-details type of full skins but I'm not sure it's been a really long time since I downloaded all those. May be one of the sims is originally has black skin, but has a light 'skin detail' type of custom skin on top of it. Hmm... guess I can investigate that in casfulledit.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Scholar
#2260 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
Custom skin tones. It's probably caused by that. I think I have a set of default replacement skin tones, some face-mask type of skins and also some skin-details type of full skins but I'm not sure it's been a really long time since I downloaded all those. May be one of the sims is originally has black skin, but has a light 'skin detail' type of custom skin on top of it. Hmm... guess I can investigate that in casfulledit.

Well look at it this way. Your female completely fooled the dad into thinking it was his. On top of that hiding the relationship so well the user aka god didn't notice.

Scholar
#2261 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:56 PM
I decided to make a gypsy vardo style trailer in the desert this morning. I don't know how or why, but I started messing around with store content I don't normally use. I was fooling around, messing around and got this.

(There's no CC in my game right now. Just mods)

It looked strangely specific and familiar, but I couldn't think of where I'd seen anything like that in real life... but I felt serious deja vous when I was done. I showed it to a friend, He sent me this:

That's Greg Brady's man/cave attic. I haven't even thought about it in decades. Tooo freaky.
Forum Resident
#2262 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 7:24 AM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 7th Mar 2019 at 7:49 AM.
3rd gen is now a teenager.
I had him woohoo with his girlfriend and she's pregnant. She is a Pancakes, unfortunately. I was trying to avoid editing anyone for authenticity but Bobs genetics...are the exception. Once I shrunk her jaw down she was cute though.

I must be doing something wrong, because the soon to be 4th gen is now the 4th boy as well! My sims don't have a radio and don't garden so there's no way the the chance is being influenced. All of my CC going to waste
For sale: baby girl shoes, never worn

Edit: Married them and moved her in, she's actually the daughter of the sim in the picture. EVEN THOUGH I edited him when he was a child....it's looking grim for my 4th gen now...very grim.

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#2263 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 7:07 AM
I tried playing my family where the husband/wife are both veterinarians. Well of course, as usual, playing families with pets rotationally, the pets are ALWAYS sick when I return. ALWAYS. Without fail! But Gage is a vet, right? So I took the pets to the vet and cured them. Or so I thought. Porkchop (they have cats) is still sick, vomiting everywhere, exhibiting fleas, in fact, his vomit pile was unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Besides the small puke pile, that huge green, bubbling, steaming pile of green grossness came from the CAT. He keeps collapsing and I can't get Gage to cure him again because the game doesn't see him as being sick. It's really frustrating. THe wellness treat DOES make the cat happy, but it doesn't remove the symptoms. So I left the family for now, to play Henry (Gage's brother in law), since his kids need to age up soon anyway. Maybe when I'm done with Henry I'll try to see how Porkchop is doing.

I finished with Kjeld, Ivan, Roxanne and Cassandra. Their babies are now toddlers now, and they continue their merry lives in Strangerville in their double mobile home lot, right where I left them.
Mad Poster
#2264 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 3:09 PM
Fixed my game (haven't played it for a while and had to update my copy of weerbesu's UI mod, which is a life saver with keeping them happy.) and play with the Nordic Council (The collective of the five nations of Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland represented as human guys by Danish cartoonist Humon.)

Finland was one of the types you never mess with (Hot-headed, Erratic, Mean). But in reality, he writes children's books to teach them about different families, ecologically sound steps to cleaning up Earth and keeping the Earth clean and how to maintain friendships, even if you are angry at someone now. He usually goes out in the field interviewing numerous families and children. While he can keep his composure among families and children, his true colors come out when dealing with his roommates. But he used to be a good friend to Sweden. Then somebody came between the two of them and their friendship became a bitter feud between the two of them over things both trivial and important.

When the game opened up, I caught Denmark and Iceland still in the bathroom talking to the Potty Mouth 2.0 and it's like "WTAF? I'm watching two grown Sim men representing Nordic nations talk to a toilet that Japanese toilet firm TOTO could easily churn out in no time. We spent trillions in research for the tech of the smart house and they spend it cracking jokes."

(My father has an Alexa-enabled unit which he uses a command "Alexa... find me a fart." and the sound plays. Years and millions of dollars later, the AI under the authority of Bezos' company has been abused for trivialized humor.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#2265 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I've done several double-takes and had many WTF moments in my game.

Examples:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is almost always the bartender. Prince William is the guitar busker in the city. His real life wife, Kate Middleton is usually running a food stand. Nicky Minaj works as a waitress. (Whoever created her made her boobs HUGE. The food plates sometimes vanish into her boobs when she carries them!)

Ellen Degenerus is CONSTANTLY arguing with the talking toilets in the karaoke bar. I‘m not sure what traits she has that make her do this.

Melania Trump is the leader of a Cosplay club the game randomly generated. So she‘s frequently wandering around town dressed up like Princess Leiah. She also farts. A LOT.

Donald Trump picks up and cuddles stray cats all the time. He feeds them treats and plays with them too.

The prize for strangest thing ever goes to KellyAnne Conway and Snoop Dogg. They met at the Love Festival and flirted the entire time. Gradually, they moved on to snuggling and kissing each other. By the end of the night, they were making out nonstop. I think I‘ll add a woohoo bush in the scenery next love fest. That would make for interesting genetics.

Actually, Ellen admitted to Andrew Stanton (Director of Finding Nemo) she is about as forgetful as her character Dory was portrayed and the way they wrote her character during the early draft in the mid 1990s came from her show in the 1990s where in one scene, she switched topics about 6-7 times which was how they played Dory's short-term memory loss. The fact she's arguing with a toilet wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I'm no expert, but cats can't vote for President. And if they could, they'd vote against him.

When I inserted Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman prior to the existence of Get Famous, during a Comedy Festival, Adam sold t-shirts and explosives and Jamie worked at the bar. I knew Jamie, being 10 years older and a resume full of accomplishments and excellent social skills among humans and animals, both warm-blooded and cold-blooded. Adam...well, his clumsy spills have been compared to the art of the pratfall best interpreted by Charlie Chaplin. I sometimes wondered why Adam was given that assignment.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#2266 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:07 PM
I'm currently running sort of a "double life" challenge where a single mom is trying to unravel the Strangerville mystery, but can only work on it between 8 and 3 while her daughter is at school.
She also works nights as a pro gamer, has two cats, a puppy, and another baby on the way. It gets pretty insane trying to juggle everything.
Scholar
#2267 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:13 AM
So I decided to play Henry since Gage/Amelia's cat was glitching and not improving, and the vomit piles were adding up.

Anyway, Henry's son Lief is soon to age to teen, and Elsa is also soon to age up to adult. I was bored though, so I bulldozed their house and built them a new house using housefloorplans.com.. I didn't want Lief to have to share a room with his baby brother (He's a child but still). Well, I thought Henry and Elsa shall cristen their new home, and OOPS because she got unplanned pregnant AGAIN (Lief was also conceived via 1% risky woohoo). So yeah Elsa is pregnate with another BOY (thats 3) but that's okay, good thing I built a bigger house.

Henry and Elsa were childhood sweethearts, I think that's why I love them so much. They have a long history of being best friends.

Henry's reaction was cute. Better than a pat on the shoulder and thumbs up. Look at her belly too. She's slim but she's got a belly unlike Cassandra Goth who shows no bump in the first trimester.
Test Subject
#2268 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:20 PM
I recently made a household of 4 vampires and 1 human (1 vampire father(Adult), 1 vampire young adult son, 1 vampire teenage son, 1 vampire young adult daughter, and 1 human teenage daughter). They basically live in the basement of their retail store that is on the property of their ancestors' mansion.
Scholar
#2269 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:47 PM
3 out of four Sims in my active house are pregnant, and one of my mods is responsible for one of those pregnancies as a mistake. Went one try for a baby and both sims ended up pregnant YIPPY! - fudge-

Alchemist
#2270 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 10:00 PM
Nothing. Haven't fired it up in about 6 or 7 months.
Mad Poster
#2271 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 6:34 PM

Whelp, one of my sims lost her boyfriend (and father of her child) to suicide...in fact she watched him do it...and that clearly wasn't enough to kill her "very happy" mood. I mean...according to that moodlet, they weren't even in love. Just "good friends"

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#2272 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 10:47 PM
Oh man! So much stuff. Where do I even begin. Um... so Magnus daughter (that he had as a teen!) Marielle, is now a mommy herself, and her baby daddy is none other than Orange Bailey Moon. Speaking of Orange Bailey. His parents had a daughter and I aged her to toddler, she's named Peach! Orange Bailey's son is named Rasmus, in keeping with the Danish themed family on his fathers side. Rasmus is actually beautiful, like he's going to grow up to be so handsome. But his father is ridiculously handsome. Marielle's mother got married to a local townie named Vernon Grootonk (gurgle), and they had a son named Alejandro, who is now a toddler. Marielle used to visit her mom on weekends but since having her son, she's living exclusively with her dad and Orange Bailey.

Magnus himself is on the verge of ADULTHOOD. I can hardly believe my boy is nearly grown up! I want to age him and Axel up at the same time, so I went to play Axel and his family. I aged William up to Adult and his daughter up to teen, and then realised I accidentally made him older than his OLDER sister so I bounced over to Amelia and Gage and aged them both up and NOW I'm playing them until their kids are teens.

Since I'm playing Gage and Amelia, both own a vet clinic. I created a cleaning club so I can have a club gathering at the clinic to clean vomit piles. (this doesnt always work). I hired my first vet. And Gage is trying to complete the Friend to ANimals aspiration so I had him visit the pet graveyard to play with pet ghosts.

But back to Axel for a moment. He had a Stan rummaging through his garbage who froze to death. After she was reaped, she was immediately replaced by another Stan... who froze to death! I was crying of laughter and I built a tiny graveyard to the fallen Stans. I wonder how big it will get?

Axel had woohood with his wife the night before and when my sims woohoo they do it nude, and they go to sleep nude, and so the next morning he woke up and went outside to pose for paparazzi, completely forgetting that he was nude, and then he got the "publically humiliated" embarrassment buff because he posed nude! I died.

Axel visiting the graves of his fallen Stans (I released their ghosts so they don't haunt them)

This is my Orange Bailey

I made his nose a bit wider but other than that, I didn't really tweak him.

Marielle, Magnus daughter

Their son, Rasmus (he's still a toddler in game), as he will appear as a young adult. I think he's really quite handsome, but I've been getting lots of good looking kids in this save anyway. But then Orange Bailey has really good genetics for a premade sim. Rasmus has his dads nose, but his mothers eyes and lips.
Mad Poster
#2273 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 9:00 PM
Life's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for Cassandra Goth in my game. Ever since she grew up and left home, she's been bouncing from one thing to another. Homes, jobs, relationships. But nothing's ever really stuck. If I started assigning ages to my sims, I'd say she's in her early 30s at this point in her life, and all she has to show for it are a failed engagement to Don Lothario (surprise, surprise), a dead boyfriend (Who she really wasn't very compatible with anyway. Pretty sure they were only together for so long for the sake of their son), and, admittedly, two great kids and the nicest condo in San Myshuno.

So she's had some ups and downs. Some were deliberate choices on my part (her breakup with Don and the child they had together). Some were REALLY unplanned, but welcome, additions (The second child. The death of boyfriend #2. Her constantly switching professions because I'm so damn indecisive). But today, it's time to finally give her some stability.

For a while, she's been dating this sim that I made a while back (whose name escapes me at the moment). He had lost his wife not long after I created their household (another unintentional disaster that I couldn't really bring myself to undo).

Like Cassandra, he's raising two sons on his own (twins, at that) and he's also done a lot of jumping from career to career (until the most recent patch, where I settled on freelance programmer for him). The two were pretty much made for each other and he clicked with her more than any of her other love interests. So it's time for them to take their relationship to the next level.

Upon sharing the news with his sons, the reactions definitely reflected the overall opposite personalities of both boys. One of them, Liam, was pretty cool with it, even happy for his Dad. He and Cassandra got along well enough anyway. This just felt like a natural next step for him. The only thing he worried about is where they'd find room for Cassandra's two sons.

Theeeeeen there's Tucker. Another unintentional thorn. Ever since Cassandra and his dad started dating (way back when he was VERY early in the child stage), he has NOT liked her.

Naturally, on the day his dad proposed to her, he'd spend the whole day in a "very tense" mood. So, rather than celebrate with the rest of the family, I've been having him off on his own, doing things that he likes to do to help him de-stress...it's not working and he's getting on my nerves now lol. I started to wonder why he's been so dead set against his father dating Cassandra Goth...then I remembered what he has sitting RIGHT next to his computer desk...

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#2274 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 2:16 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 29th Apr 2019 at 10:23 PM.
Cassandra Goth married one of my sims too! She married Kjeld Nielsen and they have two kiddos together, Max and Kirsten.

I aged up Landen Clarke (Gage X Amelia) to teen and he turned out better than I expected. He's pretty handsome.

In game:

I also aged up Cameron, (Axel x Audrey) to teen and he turned out every bit as handsome as I expected. Well, his parents were gorgeous. (Both born in game) Can't wait to play Cameron in his own household.

In game: (SHOULD WORK NOW?)

Cameron is close to having his first girlfriend and his cousin Sybil has a boyfriend, a teen sim townie I 'made over' a long time ago and wanted to play...

Oh hey: you can look at Cameron's parents (as teens) and his grandpa over here: https://imgur.com/a/YxflDLX
I guess that I made that when I aged him up in cas the first time

EDIT: It occurs to me that Landen and Cameron are related to each other too. Landen's dad is Gage, and his half sister Audrey, is Cameron's mom. They share Claire Woodward as a grandparent.
Scholar
#2275 Old 1st May 2019 at 4:05 AM
My first post here! I think I have a decent story even if it doesn't pan out well. Also I'm not a good writer... also crappy pics.

After inheriting his grandmother's old home Noah Lunsford finds it's worth investing in a roommate for a little extra security with all these new weirdies walking around town. Noah isn't completely oblivious to strange chain of events in occuring in Strangerville but for now he's chosen to just blame it on the heat. After a short search and a general lack of interest, Noah settles for the lone roommate applicant, Sachin Sen. So far, Sen has turned out to be a huge skeptic with a critical eye and questionable interest in the town of Strangerville. He's obviously new to the environment and a little odd as far as social nuances go but Noah sees Sen's potential for keeping the weirdies at bay! Perhaps they can even become friends once Noah gets past that cold exterior and who knows, maybe then Noah can finally share some of his own little quirks, like how he's absolutely obsessed with space and aliens

Pic of Noah, Pic of Sachin Sen, Pic of the exterior of "Granny's", Bonus pic of interior of "Granny's"
They're horrible but you get the idea
Screenshots
Page 91 of 104