Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2576 Old 17th Apr 2023 at 8:32 AM

Sneak peek at the build I've been working on.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2577 Old 17th Apr 2023 at 8:53 PM
Its been so long since I posted here Im not sure if I remember how

I've returned to TS4 after 2 years of not playing

So heres whats happening.

My self sim and her husband Adrian had 3 kids, one is a child, one is a toddler and the last is an infant.

This particular little one was born about 6-7 times! What a wild ride that was. So I used the childbirth mod (wow) and the thing glitched the first time when he was born, he was out in the middle of the road like blocks away. The second birth, was fine, but when I tried to change my clothes it froze up on the menu, the next 3-4 births sent the baby into the middle of the street, the final birth was finally in his crib, so I saved it carefully and proceeded. What a pain though, god. Im gonna blame the mod for that though, probably not the game.

Because I'm back after a two year absence, I had to clear out ALL MY MODS (i wasnt about to go through them one by one) and I only downloaded mods from modders that I remember. SO I dont have much mods now and no errors or problems so far other than that kid's birth.

So far, life is just family stuff. I am hoping to do some vacation time with them when the youngest is a child age.

If you're wondering why I stopped playing for two years, a number of reasons: I adopted a young cat who took up a lot of time to train him, 2, I moved to a new small town and spent a lot of time hiking daily, why did I come back? My cat is now a normal adult and doesn't require supervision, 2, I went back to work and no longer have the time and energy to hike daily so I play sims instead. OH yea and when I came back I deleted all my old saves (except the first original save) and started a new fresh game. All those old sims, GONE!
Field Researcher
#2578 Old 11th May 2023 at 2:33 PM
Gosh darn it. You can't leave Sims alone for five minutes before they start flirting with people. So I have two Sims. Both are attracted to men both romantically and sexually, as enforced by both CAS and the LGBTQ+ mod. Yet somehow one of them flirted with an female(!) Sim and had the relation plummet with the jealousy moodlet affecting both. If they're gay then why do they flirt autonomously?
Theorist
#2579 Old 11th May 2023 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Gosh darn it. You can't leave Sims alone for five minutes before they start flirting with people. So I have two Sims. Both are attracted to men both romantically and sexually, as enforced by both CAS and the LGBTQ+ mod. Yet somehow one of them flirted with an female(!) Sim and had the relation plummet with the jealousy moodlet affecting both. If they're gay then why do they flirt autonomously?

There is no power on earth capable of preventing sims from flirting with random strangers.

My sims, married and best friends with the soulmate reward traits, were visiting their neighbours when they got flirty moodlets from being near each-other, since they're so in-love. I left her unattended for 0.36 seconds and she autonomously performed one, single flirty interaction with the neighbour's husband and now my loving married couple hate each-other, and the neighbours hate them and he's got a fear of cheating and their child should not have to deal with this nonsense.

Was watching Deligracy play Growing Together and her sim was flirting with her husband's father. It's a goddamn epidemic. EA FIX YOUR $1500 GAME FFS.
Field Researcher
#2580 Old 11th May 2023 at 5:23 PM
It's the hug bug from Sims 2 all over again... but at least the hug interaction didn't ruin a relationship. I wish EA would fix their game rather than adding more things on top of each other that doesn't even work together. Another pet peeve I've developed is the Rabbit App or whatever it's called (I play in Swedish so the names differ). It keeps sending notifications about updating it... but there's like nothing to update with? All actions is "I went to work" and "show off outfit". Not particular interesting nor fitting for adult Sims. In fact, there are so many of these push notifications I find annoying. My adult Sims shouldn't go to high school events, and why are they gossiping about my Sim down at the pub in Hensworth-on-Bagley when my Sim has never even been in that neighborhood? Whims also seems utterly broken now, at least in my game.
Smeg Head
#2581 Old 11th May 2023 at 6:12 PM
You have to keep an eye on their Playful Mood levels. In the coding Playfulness is linked to Flirting, such that it's a "natural" step - as far as Maxis are concerned - that when maxed on Playful they will slip into Flirty autonomously despite what dos and don'ts preferences you may have set the sims to. A bad Maxis decision from the get go, as this coding link can also backfire, misfire, if a Playful child is talking with Playful adults and child ends up with a romance bar for one of the adults, even if own parent.

From the beginning those two moods should not have been linked this way, because since release it's just rotten that damn near everyone will eventually flirt with damn near everyone else if all easily becoming Playful together (Never mind the godawful child misfire.) but Maxis has never sought to untangle them. They think all the half-arsed and improper romances that come about due to this is just fun.

Set up other environmental mood influencing objects to reduce or eliminate the Playfulness, so that sims better adhere to the romance preferences you initially set for each of them.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#2582 Old 17th May 2023 at 11:33 PM
Just a comment on the random flirting with strangers, I thought MCCC had a setting to turn that off? Mine don't flirt with random strangers. They USED to, and that was nearly game breaking for me (Like I was ready to quit over this)

Anyway. This is Desirae

I created her and her bf as teenagers but they are young adults now. So that was my first taste of High School years (Remember I stopped playing for 2 years.) HSY was okay, but I find it dumb that teenagers cant interact with each other during class like passing notes and sneaking texts or cheating off a classmate etc. I end up fast forwarding the class portion of the game. There were some things i liked though. BUT WHY DOES PROM HAPPEN SO MUCH?!?!?

Anyway Desirae is a young adult now and would you believe that's her career outfit?? Generated by the game, of course. I have only 3 families in this save that play.
Field Researcher
#2583 Old 18th May 2023 at 12:04 AM Last edited by Craft90 : 18th May 2023 at 12:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Just a comment on the random flirting with strangers, I thought MCCC had a setting to turn that off? Mine don't flirt with random strangers. They USED to, and that was nearly game breaking for me (Like I was ready to quit over this)

Anyway. This is Desirae

I created her and her bf as teenagers but they are young adults now. So that was my first taste of High School years (Remember I stopped playing for 2 years.) HSY was okay, but I find it dumb that teenagers cant interact with each other during class like passing notes and sneaking texts or cheating off a classmate etc. I end up fast forwarding the class portion of the game. There were some things i liked though. BUT WHY DOES PROM HAPPEN SO MUCH?!?!?

Anyway Desirae is a young adult now and would you believe that's her career outfit?? Generated by the game, of course. I have only 3 families in this save that play.

I believe LittleMsSam has a mod that limits high-school events. Here is is: https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/calendar-tweaks It basically disable the event until you allow it.

I have mostly been building myself. Not so much gameplay. I've been working on a run-down apartment building. I've used a lot of derelict CC to catch that feeling. I think it's turning out alright so far. I could grab some photos to show.

Edit:

There is actually three apartments in the building. But only one, the top floor, is furnished. The second floor is empty. I did that as a way to get the price down. But it's still expensive, like 95k. Far from a starter home. There's also a bunker in the basement.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2584 Old 18th May 2023 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I believe LittleMsSam has a mod that limits high-school events. Here is is: https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/calendar-tweaks It basically disable the event until you allow it.

I have mostly been building myself. Not so much gameplay. I've been working on a run-down apartment building. I've used a lot of derelict CC to catch that feeling. I think it's turning out alright so far. I could grab some photos to show.

8< Snip

There is actually three apartments in the building. But only one, the top floor, is furnished. The second floor is empty. I did that as a way to get the price down. But it's still expensive, like 95k. Far from a starter home. There's also a bunker in the basement.

Thank you for the tip! I will check out that mod!

And I love your build! I am huge fan of grunge builds as you might have noticed in the background the grunge appearance of Desirae's home...
Mad Poster
#2585 Old 19th May 2023 at 1:42 AM
My current favorite household

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#2586 Old 8th Jun 2023 at 12:52 PM
My Sim just got smacked by Mrs Agnes Crumplebottoms' purse for flirting at a Valentine's Day date. It kinda makes me happy to see that she still got it.
Forum Resident
#2587 Old 9th Jun 2023 at 4:56 AM
I gave my teen boy a bike so he would get to places faster. Guess what he does with it? Never even once rides it outside anywhere but he rides it every goddamn time when he's inside the school building. But hey, he's not late for every lesson anymore so that's a plus I guess. I both love and hate this game the same time.
Theorist
#2588 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
From the beginning those two moods should not have been linked this way, because since release it's just rotten that damn near everyone will eventually flirt with damn near everyone else if all easily becoming Playful together (Never mind the godawful child misfire.) but Maxis has never sought to untangle them. They think all the half-arsed and improper romances that come about due to this is just fun.

It will never stop infuriating me that the Sims team approaches their game from the mindset of "if it breaks utterly then it's just more fun!" Yes, bugs CAN be funny, but that is not an excuse to let, and in some cases encourage them to happen. Just stop, Nobody but YOU enjoys when your game breaks. It's not funny, it's not cute, it's not "enhancing the experience" it's not "creating weirder stories." It's JUST annoying and turns your $1500+ CAD price tag into an utter joke, and your company into a laughing stock.
Scholar
#2589 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 11:19 PM
I downloaded Horse Ranch. I adopted a Friesan horse and moved my family to the big empty ranch lot.

I downloaded a farm house for that lot from the gallery but the bedrooms were so obscenely big with wasted space that I renovated all the bedrooms and moved things around a bit, to my needs and satisfaction. I was almost done.

Then the power in this god forsaken town went out and I SCREAMED. (I hadn't saved. -_-)

Half an hour later the power returned and I downloaded an entirely different farm house for that lot, which needed less renovation, adopted a goat and called it a day.

Heres the horse.

Mad Poster
#2590 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 12:01 AM
Then the power in this god forsaken town went out and I SCREAMED. (I hadn't saved. -_-)

That is so infuriating! I loss some lots when building in 3 so got a mod that prompts me to save every 15 minutes I think it is. Hope things go better now.
Scholar
#2591 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That is so infuriating! I loss some lots when building in 3 so got a mod that prompts me to save every 15 minutes I think it is. Hope things go better now.

Better? *sighs* So the second house I downloaded (it needed less renovating) was great, but the problem is, when my sims were inside, they thought they were outside- everyone was cold all the time even with the thermostat on and my self sim who has the indoorsy trait (which is not actually something I chose for myself) was tense from being outside while inside. SO I scrapped that house and downloaded a THIRD house which was amazing for layout but absolutely hideously decorated so I completely stripped every mismatched thing and fixed it and finally was satisfied... annnnnnnnnnnnd immediately switched to a different household which brings me to this,....

HENRY IS BACK! Henry was one of the first sims I ever created in TS4. And an old favorite. When I came back to TS4 after 2 years, I deleted ALL saves except HIS save. However, I didnt go back to play him there...

I took a saved Henry from my library and changed his traits to Rancher, Horse lover and self assured. He's dating Ulrike Faust.. (In previous saves he was married to Jade Rosa./Elsa Bjergsen <-different saves)

I tweaked his face a bit (Bone structure) and have been enjoying the ranching/cottage life in the new world.

His horse is a mustang mare. I love how the stirrups are not attached to the saddle and magically float...
Field Researcher
#2592 Old 31st Jul 2023 at 8:39 AM Last edited by eduseo : 5th Aug 2023 at 7:30 AM.
I was playing my Coves. I'm at Gen 3 and one of my Gen 4 teens, named Kaipo, just aged up and went to a prom after-party his cousin invited him to a matter of hours later. Kaipo was making some teen friends when this random teenage B-Lister townie, called Josué, jumped into the conversation and began to hyper-focus on Kaipo.

Aka, this dude with star glasses (other dude is Kaipo):

Naturally, because he is the most bizarrely dressed, Kaipo gets a crush sentiment and a first impressions mod crush on him. (He's been around his granddad Leonardo too much.)

Over a few sim days Josué autonomously asked Kaipo to be BFFs, asked him on a date 2-3 times, and then asked him to be his boyfriend so they end up dating. I decided to invite him to meet Kaipo's family as Kaipo is absolutely enthralled by this dude. Well... I don't know why or how it happened, as I was taking care of a different sim, but my Gen 3 heir, Arturo, and Josué ended up in a brawl. I went to find out wtf happened and discovered a few things:

1) Arturo and Josué have awful compatibility. Josué also has bad compatibility with one of Kaipo's brothers. (That's a lot of family disapproval, huh...)
2) Josué is the son of Arturo's ex-BFF, who he fought way back when over Josué's stepmother. (...So the in-laws will also hate each other, yikes.)
3) In the chaos, Josué at some point aged up into a YA. Checking MCCC he and Kaipo are an exact life stage apart in age to the day. (That's a big age difference.)
4) And the biggest kicker, thanks to the first impressions mod, Arturo has a one-sided crush on his son's boyfriend. (I don't even know how to react to this one, lmao.)

I'm honestly living for the drama, so I gave Josué a YA makeover using my ol' "randomise the outfit and tweak with whatever I get" method.

I also gave him a unicorn named Pongo, because, well, why not?

Next time I'm opening my game, Kaipo is meeting Josué's parents, because the last "meeting the parents" went so well!

Edit: Well ...Josué's stepmother has gained a crush on Kaipo via first impressions. Wtf is this dynamic? Also, Jousé's parents tried for a baby (which was successful) and left Kaipo alone (Josué went to work) to take care of their toddler. I think they trust him, lmao.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Mad Poster
#2593 Old 1st Aug 2023 at 2:11 AM
HENRY IS BACK! ...
I tweaked his face a bit (Bone structure) and have been enjoying the ranching/cottage life in the new world.

And looking darn good! Kind of a young John Travolta look. Saddle up and hit the range, Henry!

I will not retell my flirting tale other than I created husband and wife werewolves. They were out on first day of play and he thought she flirted with someone. It was so nothing I did not even notice it. Ever after that he hated her. No matter what I did I could not fix that relationship. He was so mean to her she then grew to hate him also. They actually came to blows. And they both wanted a divorce, especially him.

It was the first/only Sim divorce I have had.
Field Researcher
#2594 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 24th Aug 2023 at 8:50 PM.
I have this absolute moron of a Sim in my legacy challenge. He has the worst relationship with his oldest. He keeps screaming and insulting him. Then he gets sad and tense because his social life style is in danger. Of course it's danger, you're annoying your kid and friend! I keep repairing the relationship only for him to go and ruin it again. I despise mean interactions. I personally think only mean Sims should use them autonomously. Not a parent to their kid!

Oh now I get it. It's the family dynamic that fucks things up. They have a "Humorous" one. Which apparently means they insult and shout at each other aswell as telling jokes. That's dumb.

Edit: Awhile has passed by now. My founder has died of old age. I didn't realize just how attached I'd get to that goofball. (Yes he'd have goofball as a trait, it's not hyperbole.) Every time I look at a picture of him, I feel myself tearing up a little. I think I'll try to keep his ghost around by strengthening his bond with the physical world now and then.
Page 104 of 104