Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BuildBuyMode Unlocker

by scripthoge Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 8:33 PM - Updated 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:47 PM by scripthoge : Update the patch-compatibility info.

371 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 243 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 15
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:59 PM
thanks I've been looking for a mod like this . it's too much of a pain having to unlock most of the cool items specially since building is the only thing i do in the game
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:04 PM
Perdon,m The file put in mod zip or unzip?

Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:05 PM
Yay!!!! I was getting angrier by the day!! I love to build and now I'm happy again. Thank you!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:06 PM
I've been waiting for something like this! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:10 PM
Awesome mod, will you also be doing the outfits ?? Like the career outfits and the outfits that unlock when reaching gold at certain party events ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:16 PM
thank you! finally, I hated that we had to unlock things
Field Researcher
#8 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:18 PM
Hm... I submitted my mod that does this yesterday but it still hasn't been posted for some reason.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM
@fizzbin
You download the mod.
Place the downloaded file in .zip format into your Mods folder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
Brilliant!!! thank you :-D
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
Hm... I submitted my mod that does this yesterday but it still hasn't been posted for some reason.

There is a queue of uploads, first come-first served sort of process. This one popped up first and has been approved, if yours is approved it will pop up at some point soon.
There's been quite the influx of uploads and only so many people to check/approve them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:26 PM
Thank you!
retired moderator
#13 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:27 PM Last edited by simfeetunder : 12th Sep 2014 at 9:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by thril1
@fizzbin
You download the mod.
Place the downloaded file in .zip format into your Mods folder.

The game will not run the mod if it's in zip format within the Mods folder. It needs to be unzipped and only the package file within can be placed in the Mods folder.

Sorry, no, I was mistaken. Their directions do say to put the actual zip in the mods folder.
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:28 PM Last edited by simfeetunder : 12th Sep 2014 at 9:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fizzbin
Perdon,m The file put in mod zip or unzip?

Thanks

Unzip
I like having a folder in my downloads folder (not the sims files) for Sims 4 downloads and then unzipping and moving just the package file over into mods

Sorry, no, I was mistaken. Their directions do say to put the actual zip in the mods folder.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:29 PM
I know so many people who were looking for this.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:33 PM
Quick question. It unlocks the items, but are the items like the easels, computer and such useable by the sim if they haven't reached the level that would have unlocked them?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfeetunder
The game will not run the mod if it's in zip format within the Mods folder. It needs to be unzipped and only the package file within can be placed in the Mods folder.

That information is in direct contrast to the install instructions.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#18 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:38 PM
Default Py and Pyo Files?

Forgive my ignorance, but when the files are unzipped they show up as Pyo and Py types...not Package. I'm not familiar with this type of file.

I installed all 4 files into my Mods Folder...but the Mod doesn't seem to show up in game. My Locked Objects are still Locked.

Any suggestions?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:40 PM
I love this mod thank you so much.
retired moderator
#20 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:46 PM Last edited by leefish : 13th Sep 2014 at 7:12 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4525818, 4525819
Quote: Originally posted by BlueSoup
That information is in direct contrast to the install instructions.

Sorry, yes, I messed up.

Quote: Originally posted by seamuzic
Forgive my ignorance, but when the files are unzipped they show up as Pyo and Py types...not Package. I'm not familiar with this type of file.

I installed all 4 files into my Mods Folder...but the Mod doesn't seem to show up in game. My Locked Objects are still Locked.

Any suggestions?

Yes, delete those and put the zip file in there. I was mistaken. Sorry. This has special install directions that I'm not used to.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:48 PM
It doesnt work for me. Same with the "timechangingmod". I tried the zip only and i tried to extract the files. But it didnt work. And yeah i put it in mods folder
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:49 PM Last edited by KAWE967 : 12th Sep 2014 at 9:59 PM. Reason: Update
Not working for me either. I placed the entire zip file in my mods folder.

EDIT**Ohhh, enabled script mods. Its working now. Thank you lewisb40!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:50 PM
@Mckeviin, did you enable script mods in the game options? You have to do that before the game recognizes script mods.

So this one don't require a separate cheat window with an action typed in to work? I had the other one but I guess I will try this one and see if it opens the unlocked stuff without a cheat. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:51 PM Last edited by seamuzic : 12th Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM.
Yes, delete those and put the zip file in there. I was mistaken. Sorry. This has special install directions that I'm not used to.

Thank you...I deleted the 4 files and I tried putting the zip File (unzipped) in my Mods Folder as well. Still not showing up in game. ** Edit ** Silly me, I forgot to Enable Mod Scripts. Its working now!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
@Mckeviin, did you enable script mods in the game options? You have to do that before the game recognizes script mods.

So this one don't require a separate cheat window with an action typed in to work? I had the other one but I guess I will try this one and see if it opens the unlocked stuff without a cheat. Thank you for sharing.

Yeah i did. But it still didnt work. But I'll try again. *EDIT* Stupid me forgot to restart the game after activating scripts. I was just looking right after activating it and minimized the game. It works now.
Page 1 of 15