Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Relationship Decay Mod

by mgomez Posted 18th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM - Updated 26th Sep 2014 at 8:21 AM by mgomez

459 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 19
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:07 AM
There is a perk that does this
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:08 AM
Thank you for this mod! The required friends for career thing will be easier with this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by generalm13
There is a perk that does this

Yes, but some people feel that it detracts from the gameplay to try to achieve that one, since it involves endless invitations and fast-forwarding through social interactions for the upteenth time. This mod will allow people to slow down the game, relax, and enjoy a fireside chat once in awhile without the pressure of eventually being forgotten.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:11 AM
Thank you so much! I was hoping someone would make a mod like this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:13 AM
I can definitely see the need for this! I can't believe how quickly friendship decays. =)

Is it possible to make a version that slows the decay down rather than stopping it altogether?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:18 AM
Nice :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:22 AM
Thank you!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:26 AM
Thank You!!! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KismetRose
I can definitely see the need for this! I can't believe how quickly friendship decays. =)

Is it possible to make a version that slows the decay down rather than stopping it altogether?

Maybe. I am making it a priority to refine this mod and update it, then split it into different versions depending on the decay settings you want. This is a bit inefficient, but I may do an upcoming mod that adds pie menus and imitates the famed Nraas mod from The Sims 3. It's ambitious, and I can't promise anything since I've got very heavy work obligations. My money's on another modder doing this before I have a chance to, at which point I would be happy to use their mod!
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KismetRose

Yes, thank you so much for this!!! I, too, would like a mod that slows the decay rather than stops it altogether. Is this possible?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:37 AM
Where's the .package file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Janet
Where's the .package file?

There is none. You don't need to extract the zip file for this mod, since it's a script (PYO/PY) mod. Just plop the zip file into your Mods folder and enjoy it!

Furthermore, in the game, you will need to enable script mods. Do this by going to the three dots on the upper right-hand corner of The Sims 4's interface, then navigating to Game Options > Other. "Script mods" should appear there, and you should enable it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:55 AM
Thanks for this, it will certainly make playing the game less demanding as well as making and keeping friends easier.
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mgomez
Yes, but some people feel that it detracts from the gameplay to try to achieve that one, since it involves endless invitations and fast-forwarding through social interactions for the upteenth time. This mod will allow people to slow down the game, relax, and enjoy a fireside chat once in awhile without the pressure of eventually being forgotten.

Not only that, but there is a bug linked to it (I think it's called error 122) that makes it where you aren't able to load your game after getting the perk.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:13 AM
Thank you so much! I definitely needed this. I was so tired typing Modifyrelationship [Sim full name] [Sim full name] 100 Friendship_Main or Modifyrelationship [Sim full name] [Sim full name] 100 Romance_Main every time to keep their Friendship (Green)/Romance (Pink) bar full.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:18 AM
Thank you for this great mod!

Now I just need a mod to stop all jealousy. It's sad that Sims 4 is programmed to turn any relationship into a Romantic relationship from a single romantic interaction. You flirt one time with someone and they are forever a romantic relationship (there is no way to undo it - I even used the debug cheats mod and removed all of the romantic bits off the sims and they are still in the romantic category). Many of my good sim friends get jealous and throw a fit when I perform romantic interactions with my sim wife which is ridiculous! It is super easy to accidentally click on the wrong interaction and mess things up permanently.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:19 AM
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:25 AM
Brilliant, this mod will be very useful. I don't mind decay but Sims 4 decay is waaaaay too fast. (Not bad as original Sims without EPs, but still too fast) I'd love slow decay rather than stopping it but it'll do the job, no more worrying about losing friends

Thanks again :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:26 AM
I've been wanting this so much! Thank you a whole big lot for making and sharing this mod with us :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:40 AM
i would also like an option to change the decay more like the needs decay mod has....like 70%, etc
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:01 AM
Oh wow, thank you. I'm so sick of my married Sims that need constant social stimulation with each other to keep up their relationship bar. I wonder, however, if you would consider making a tweak that removes deceased Sims from the panel so I no longer have to stare at their dead faces? :D

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#23 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:16 AM
Thank you for this mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktb0513
i would also like an option to change the decay more like the needs decay mod has....like 70%, etc

Working on an update right now. Many are asking for it, and I feel obliged. Expect this within a day or so.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:45 AM
Thanks a lot. You made it what Maxis is unable to comply with the "beloved" trait. Thanks a again!
Page 1 of 19