Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Mod Manager

by Raxdiam Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 11:51 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2015 at 6:34 AM by Raxdiam

497 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 280 Feedback Posts, 216 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 20
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:33 PM
not working for 32-bit systems i guess.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
Not working for Windows 7 64-bit Give this error ''Something went wrong while starting up''
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM Last edited by Raxdiam : 17th Sep 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by h34dbug
not working for 32-bit systems i guess.

It does, do you get any errors? And if so what does it say?

Quote: Originally posted by Ilan_OMG
Not working for Windows 7 64-bit Give this error ''Something went wrong while starting up''

Please make sure the following are correct:
- You have The Sims 4 installed, and the "Mods" folder is located in the "C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" directory.
- Run TS4 Mod Manager.exe as Administrator (this may prevent you from being able to drag/drop mods in to the application)

If you're still having problems, please send me a PM to discuss it further.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:53 PM
I can't download the file. When I click on the file link it takes me to an exterior page and nothing shows up and no download starts.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raxdiam

- You have The Sims 4 installed, and the "Mods" folder is located in the "C:\Users\Raxdiam\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" directory.
- Run TS4 Mod Manager.exe as Administrator (this may prevent you from being able to drag/drop mods in to the application)

Does the file location have to be in ..."\Raxdiam\"...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:54 PM
shame ppl have to upload the same thing that have already been on this site http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534342
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM Last edited by leefish : 18th Sep 2014 at 4:51 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4534096, 4534104, 4534107
Quote: Originally posted by ministertanner
I can't download the file. When I click on the file link it takes me to an exterior page and nothing shows up and no download starts.

I just upload the file, the site handles the everything else.

Quote: Originally posted by Huggie bear 2005
shame ppl have to upload the same thing that have already been on this site http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534342

Shame some people don't know how to read. I've been talking to the developer of that manager and have been discussing about collaborating on this project. I have also given him credit as I've also acknowledged that he was the first to create a manager.

Quote: Originally posted by ministertanner
Does the file location have to be in ..."\Raxdiam\"...

Apologies, I was in a rush and accidentally included my username. It should be your user folder, so the path would look like this:
C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:19 PM
Sounds great, will have to try it out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:50 PM
This one is the best so far I think, really love it! What would make it even better is if it'd recognize subfolders of the Mods folder, as Thrahistan's manager does it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:51 PM
Great work
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:22 PM
Hi. Nice manager. Only one question: files removed from "Remove Selected Mods" are deleted directly or moved to any folder? I've tried with one mod that i don't need anymore but...what if i want to reload the file? I've to pick it from original folder? Ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM
Amigo, show!!, amei, obrigado pela sua iniciativa, muito obrigado! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:34 PM Last edited by leefish : 18th Sep 2014 at 4:52 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4534253, 4534267
Quote: Originally posted by Kresten83
Hi. Nice manager. Only one question: files removed from "Remove Selected Mods" are deleted directly or moved to any folder? I've tried with one mod that i don't need anymore but...what if i want to reload the file? I've to pick it from original folder? Ty

Hi, thank you for the compliment. I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Deleting a mod removes it completely. If you uncheck a mod, it will only remove it from the Mods folder, as to keep it from loading in-game. Checking the mod again will copy it from a folder that the manager automatically creates, and puts it back in the Mods folder.

If this doesn't help or you meant something else, please let me know.

Quote: Originally posted by AllenWalkerHU
This one is the best so far I think, really love it! What would make it even better is if it'd recognize subfolders of the Mods folder, as Thrahistan's manager does it.

Can do. In fact I have a more extensive version of that idea that I'm working on at the moment.
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:04 AM

- You have The Sims 4 installed, and the "Mods" folder is located in the "C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" directory.

there's no error or so whatever, it just wont open.
besides the required .NET Framework 4.5 wont install in my OS which is windows XP because it is simply not supported. Error says "The .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:09 AM
there's no error or so whatever, it just wont open.
besides the required .NET Framework 4.5 wont install in my OS which is windows XP because it is simply not supported. Error says "The .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system."

Then that would be the reason unfortunately. In the next build, if everything goes well, I can change which version of .NET Framework is required. What's the highest version that XP can support?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:12 AM
Shame some people don't know how to read. I've been talking to the developer of that manager and have been discussing about collaborating on this project. I have also given him credit as I've also acknowledged that he was the first to create a manager.

Also, someone can submit something that someone else already had, yet didn't know it as the first one was still waiting for approval. Not the case here, but it happens. Anyways, thank you very much for this mod.

aka Dominie aka Kim.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:26 AM
Then that would be the reason unfortunately. In the next build, if everything goes well, I can change which version of .NET Framework is required. What's the highest version that XP can support?

please do. highest i think is 4. im not sure though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:42 AM
i'm running windows 7 64-bit. the mod fires up just fine but reads only the mods folder, none of the sub-folders.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:44 AM
Not working for Windows 7 64-bit 'Something went wrong while starting up'
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:48 AM Last edited by leefish : 18th Sep 2014 at 4:53 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4534345, 4534350
please do. highest i think is 4. im not sure though.

Alright, everything seems to be working fine. The next update will use .NET Framework 4
Hope it works for you then

Quote: Originally posted by Spikler
i'm running windows 7 64-bit. the mod fires up just fine but reads only the mods folder, none of the sub-folders.

Sorry, the application does not yet support sub-folders. This feature should be implemented in the next update though.

Quote: Originally posted by Olakase
Not working for Windows 7 64-bit 'Something went wrong while starting up'

Have you tried running as Administrator?
Are you sure that the "Mods" folder exists in the "C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" directory?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:05 AM
that would explain it then. i'll anxiously await the update!

any posting anomalies courtesy of Hector. a cat.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:30 AM
Awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM
I like your mod manager better. Thrahistan had a good idea but you setup yours nicer. I don't know you want to add a compatibility feature to your manager that can tell one mod is being overwritten by another mod or isn't, if they're compatible or incompatible each other and you can turn them on and off. I thought it would be great to have that.

This is a screenshot of a mod compatibility checker I have for my Spore game. Green means they're compatible and red means they're incompatible. I hope you can add that feature and I like that you have "Available Mods" that sounds like a good feature too even if you have it unavailable right now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:18 AM
Not working for Windows 7 64-bit 'Something went wrong while starting up' for me also.
And yes I tried running as admin and yes I have a Mods folder
Page 1 of 20