Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 1219 (Who?), Viewed: 88249 times.
Page 49 of 49
Field Researcher
#1201 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 7:18 AM
Will npc plays Voidcritters battle station if I assign my club activity to use battle stations?
Lab Assistant
#1202 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:02 AM
Why does my sims freeze inside? Is there radiators or something??
Field Researcher
#1203 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totte1015
Why does my sims freeze inside? Is there radiators or something??

There's a thermostat that you can have on either heat or cooling
Buy mode > kitchen room > smoke alarm icon / search for thermostat

but if you're short on the money, you should use LittleMsSam's mod that lower the effect of the thermostat on the bills
otherwise it would get extremely expansive.. unrealistically expensive
Lowered Thermostat Costs on Bill - in here:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...ousehold-random

(another helpful mod is making it so kids would be able to turn it on/off too, and the effect is immediate, if you want)

and you can also make them warm themselves up near the fireplace, if you have any
or make them wear their winter clothes indoors too.
Lab Assistant
#1204 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:26 AM
why in the world is farting considered inappropriate when sleeping/taking a shower/eating another households food for several days not????
Field Researcher
#1205 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopuss
why in the world is farting considered inappropriate when sleeping/taking a shower/eating another households food for several days not????

Because it is!
but maybe what was inappropriate was the fact that they did all of the above activities in someone else's house
there a mod to fix it for family and friends, if you wanna..
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=605500
Field Researcher
#1206 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kompaktive
Will npc plays Voidcritters battle station if I assign my club activity to use battle stations?

tried it out myself and they can only watch me play voidcritter... bummer.
Lab Assistant
#1207 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 4:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Because it is!
but maybe what was inappropriate was the fact that they did all of the above activities in someone else's house
there a mod to fix it for family and friends, if you wanna..
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=605500

oh i'm not complaining, because i am the one living in other peoples houses hahahha
Field Researcher
#1208 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kompaktive
tried it out myself and they can only watch me play voidcritter... bummer.

It probably due to their lack of cards in their inventory
you can maybe go around that by gifting them some cards, if you feel generous enough..
Field Researcher
#1209 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 2:29 AM
Quote:
It probably due to their lack of cards in their inventory
you can maybe go around that by gifting them some cards, if you feel generous enough..

No, it was confirmed by simgurugraham. Battle Station and Sock Puppet Theater are flagged against autonomy, so townies (even our sim) will never touch that unless the player commands them to.

Soo... why the heck is there a 'Fight with Battle Stations' club activity if nobody use it?
Forum Resident
#1210 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 7:54 PM
Okay, I pre-ordered Sims 4 and now I'm just getting around to playing it.
About a week ago when I was in CAS, I could save my households, and then find them in my library.
Now when I open my library, all I get is stuff from the EA website. None of my own stuff is there unless I uploaded it to the EA site which I did back when I got the SIMS 4 CAS demo.
How do I get my saved households back?
Asking for a friend, because I'm not that stupid.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1211 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 8:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Okay, I pre-ordered Sims 4 and now I'm just getting around to playing it.
About a week ago when I was in CAS, I could save my households, and then find them in my library.
Now when I open my library, all I get is stuff from the EA website. None of my own stuff is there unless I uploaded it to the EA site which I did back when I got the SIMS 4 CAS demo.
How do I get my saved households back?
Asking for a friend, because I'm not that stupid.

Open the Gallery as you normally would with the button in the upper right of screen. When it opens, it will be on the Gallery tab. To find your own creations change to the My Library tab on the right. If you are still not seeing your content it may be that you used CC in your creations in which case, scroll down on the left to the Advanced section and check the box to Include Custom Content in the results. You can also change the selection All at the top left to Mine to exclude everything except for what you have made and saved yourself.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1212 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:12 PM
I have a question of my own.
Is it just my game, and therefore probably a mod conflict, or are male Sims that wear shorts being given long socks by the game 90% of the time since Seasons was released?
They look rediculous. I've just had a gym trainer spawn who looks great in his grey and orange outfit (seriously) apart from the bright pink, flower patterned, knee-high socks the game has assigned to him! Most of the other male Sims in my game that have had their Hot Weather outfits auto-generated have ended up in shorts and knee-high socks! It feels like a bug to me which could be a distant cousin of the bug that caused issues with festival outfits.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#1213 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Is it just my game, and therefore probably a mod conflict, or are male Sims that wear shorts being given long socks by the game 90% of the time since Seasons was released?
They look rediculous. I've just had a gym trainer spawn who looks great in his grey and orange outfit (seriously) apart from the bright pink, flower patterned, knee-high socks the game has assigned to him! Most of the other male Sims in my game that have had their Hot Weather outfits auto-generated have ended up in shorts and knee-high socks! It feels like a bug to me which could be a distant cousin of the bug that caused issues with festival outfits.

I've seen someone else with this issue, but I didn't encounter that myself
it sounds like the normal craziness of the random outfit generator, nothing new I believe

if you use MC dresser you can easily remove the socks (and any other random accessory) in Live mode, without the trouble of going to cas
click on the sim (even npc) MCCC > MC dresser > Remove all accessories
One Minute Ninja'd
#1214 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 12:20 AM
I have a stupid question. Is it possible in TS4 to adjust the needs bars of a sim by dragging when testingcheats is on? That was an option in TS3, and a handy one at that, but I can't see any way to easily adjust an individual need on the fly without something kludgy like make all happy. Or is there another method to adjust individual needs bars for a specific sim?
Scholar
#1215 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 1:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44

With MCCC I would just keep blacklisting them until it has no more to choose from

Or you can create an Override in S4Sstudio of those socks can it's only a matter of unchecking a few boxes, look out for unwanted size effects like unchecking Hot Weather, Stiuation, and Allowed for Random
Field Researcher
#1216 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 1:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
I have a stupid question. Is it possible in TS4 to adjust the needs bars of a sim by dragging when testingcheats is on? That was an option in TS3, and a handy one at that, but I can't see any way to easily adjust an individual need on the fly without something kludgy like make all happy. Or is there another method to adjust individual needs bars for a specific sim?

You can with the UI cheats mod (and many other stuff too)
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
One Minute Ninja'd
#1217 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 2:19 AM
Quote:
You can with the UI cheats mod (and many other stuff too)
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

Thank you! Apparently my search skills for here are rusty. It's just what I needed (along with some other helpful items as well).
Test Subject
#1218 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 3:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNest
Reportedly, the same happens to children if they reach starvation levels, or their grade drops to F. It's as much "Social services" like the "daycare" babies get sent to if no adults are at home to watch the baby. But hey, at least The EA Utopian Government can save their $$$s that would have went to hiring Social Workers to improve their supposedly massive eSports scene instead! Gotta keep those bros happy!
So your telling me all my sim has to do is keep the wife busy and keep her away from my unwanted kid and then it will just vanish?! AMAZING! XD
Lab Assistant
#1219 Old Yesterday at 7:55 PM
Super dumb question, but I'm playing with a sim that has the "Slob" trait for the first time, and I notice that she isn't flushing the toiler. Is that normal for slob sims, or is there just something weird going on? It only happens with this one Sim as well.
Lab Assistant
#1220 Old Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothyPanda
Super dumb question, but I'm playing with a sim that has the "Slob" trait for the first time, and I notice that she isn't flushing the toiler. Is that normal for slob sims, or is there just something weird going on? It only happens with this one Sim as well.

I believe it is normal for slob sims.
Page 49 of 49