Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 1042 (Who?), Viewed: 76733 times.
Page 42 of 42
Lab Assistant
#1026 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 5:36 PM
@joof CityLiving provides us the apartment shell which cannot be customized. You can only build inside the existing apartments or in the case of penthouse, you can treat them like normal house, but on top of a shell.
Field Researcher
#1027 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 8:37 PM
How do I bring Doc the cat back to life with the Ambrosia pet treat? I moved Doc the Cat ( he's a ghost) in with my sim I bought the Ambrosia treat. but, it only treat it will show is for to give him big pet treat. I tried putting in the floor in front of him for him to eat it, didn't work he just fell asleep by it. I tried putting in a pet bowel for him to eat and it would not let me. I tried to get a friend of my sim to visit and give it to him, that did not work either. Could it be because she owns her own vet business. is that why?
Scholar
#1028 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust74
How do I bring Doc the cat back to life with the Ambrosia pet treat? I moved Doc the Cat ( he's a ghost) in with my sim I bought the Ambrosia treat. but, it only treat it will show is for to give him big pet treat. I tried putting in the floor in front of him for him to eat it, didn't work he just fell asleep by it. I tried putting in a pet bowel for him to eat and it would not let me. I tried to get a friend of my sim to visit and give it to him, that did not work either. Could it be because she owns her own vet business. is that why?

Strange. Did you adopt Doc? He's part of the Lynx household originally. If you didn't adopt him, maybe that's why. Otherwise it should work like when you give a Wellness or Aging treat (i.e. you just give the cat or dog the treat).
Field Researcher
#1029 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 9:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
Strange. Did you adopt Doc? He's part of the Lynx household originally. If you didn't adopt him, maybe that's why. Otherwise it should work like when you give a Wellness or Aging treat (i.e. you just give the cat or dog the treat).

I just moved him in from manage households in main menu, I found him by unhide hidden households with mcc. Maybe that's why? Maybe I need to find his urn, pet gravestone and bring it on lot with him
Scholar
#1030 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust74
I just moved him in from manage households in main menu, I found him by unhide hidden households with mcc. Maybe that's why? Maybe I need to find his urn, pet gravestone and bring it on lot with him

I bet that's it. I don't play with ghosts very often and definitely not ghost pets, since I have aging off, so I wasn't sure if you could/had to adopt Doc or not. However, now I remember ghosts are moved into a hidden household since the culling changes, so it might have bugged him out somehow unhiding his household since that can't be done without mods. I'd try to find his urn if you can and then see what happens.
Forum Resident
#1031 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 6:06 AM
I just started playing the game and I couldn't find this anywhere- how are traits assigned in children? Are they inherited?
Lab Assistant
#1032 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarr
I just started playing the game and I couldn't find this anywhere- how are traits assigned in children? Are they inherited?

Nope. As long as you don't have mod for this, you choose traits and aspirations just as you like.
Test Subject
#1033 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhaeyn
Nope. As long as you don't have mod for this, you choose traits and aspirations just as you like.

I think they do inherit some 'hidden' traits - I had a child who got negative moodlets when there was something broken or dirty, but I hadn't given her the neatness trait. Her mother had it, however. She lost it when she aged up and all her traits were chosen for her. Maybe it was just coincidence - the game just randomly filled that hidden trait slot?
Forum Resident
#1034 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:20 AM
Is there a way to create a pet rather than just adopt one? I want my family to own a specific breed with a certain personality.
Scholar
#1035 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 8:09 AM
Yes, just go into CAS, add sim and make it a pet. You might need to enter full mode though.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ If you think Sims 4 sims are exceptionally cartoony looking, don't blame your terrible designing skills on the game. :)
Forum Resident
#1036 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:13 PM
I hate to ask another question, but I built a house and I'm trying to access the cinematic/cameraman mode from build mode to get screenshots of it. Is that possible?
Test Subject
#1037 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
Is there a way to sell everything at once from the family inventory?

A lot of crap ended up in there after renovating my old crappy house. Too many items and the way menu's and screens pop up with this fancy delay, I got tired of deleting all those items one by one. So if anyone has a solution for this, it would be very welcome. A solution to get rid of the delay in menu's (the way it fans out) and screen pop up would be nice too.

Sadly, I don't think so. You have to sell everything one by one. Someone should really make a mod for that though.

ghosts dont exist. you just die then you're faced with eternal nothingness. it's gonna be great.
- Max
Scholar
#1038 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
I hate to ask another question, but I built a house and I'm trying to access the cinematic/cameraman mode from build mode to get screenshots of it. Is that possible?

tab button on your keyboard Don't know why you want to do it in build mode?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#1039 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
Is there a way to sell everything at once from the family inventory?

A lot of crap ended up in there after renovating my old crappy house. Too many items and the way menu's and screens pop up with this fancy delay, I got tired of deleting all those items one by one. So if anyone has a solution for this, it would be very welcome. A solution to get rid of the delay in menu's (the way it fans out) and screen pop up would be nice too.

Actually a found a cool mod here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595418

ghosts dont exist. you just die then you're faced with eternal nothingness. it's gonna be great.
- Max
Forum Resident
#1040 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ive
tab button on your keyboard Don't know why you want to do it in build mode?

tab only works for me in live mode. I don't want to put anyone in the home, I just want to take pictures so I can't use live mode.
Scholar
#1041 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:58 AM
Quote:
tab only works for me in live mode. I don't want to put anyone in the home, I just want to take pictures so I can't use live mode.

Tab camera isn't designed for build mode, unfortunately - only live mode, so if you want to use it, you'll need a Sim somewhere on the lot.
Forum Resident
#1042 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:44 AM Last edited by Rarr : 7th Jan 2018 at 1:57 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
Tab camera isn't designed for build mode, unfortunately - only live mode, so if you want to use it, you'll need a Sim somewhere on the lot.

ah, okay. Is that how people take the shots of houses they upload then? Also, is there a way to make the plumbob invisible?

Edit: one last thing- is it okay to delete sims? At least in sims 2, it would corrupt the game.
Scholar
#1043 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:14 AM
Quote:
ah, okay. Is that how people take the shots of houses they upload then? Also, is there a way to make the plumbob invisible?

Edit: one last thing- is it okay to delete sims? At least in sims 2, it would corrupt the game.

I think it must be, because I know tab camera won't work in live mode. And for getting rid of the plumbob use: headline effects off in the console. Yes, it's okay to delete Sims. I've never heard of any save corruption from doing it and I know I've never had a problem with it. Hope this helps!
Page 42 of 42