Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add More CAS Traits

by Embyr311 Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 1:04 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2016 at 6:29 PM by Embyr311 : Installation Instructions

394 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 240 Feedback Posts, 153 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 16
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:22 AM
I have been hoping for something like this, thank you! Can't wait to try it in game :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:24 AM
I was hoping a mod like this would pop up. When EA had mentioned that your Sims gain new traits by completing their ambitions, I had expected you'd get to choose another trait as found in CAS, not some trait that makes life easier for them. Thanks to this mod, I should be able to customize my Sims more, like I had hoped I could have in the first place. :)
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:48 AM
Love your sim's names
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:19 AM
I just want to let you know that there may be some issues with this mod that needs ironing out! Having downloaded it and started using it in my game, loading screens hang for quite a few seconds and I've been crashing a lot, too. I tried removing the mod but that didn't fix it, and I've worked out it seems to have done something to my save file (if I remove the save file the game goes back to normal!) Wasn't like this beforehand. Just a heads up But thank you for your hard work nonetheless <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:19 AM
Will give it a go...will let you know of any mess up's...nice work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:22 AM
Default Mod Issues
Quote: Originally posted by autumnashdene
I just want to let you know that there may be some issues with this mod that needs ironing out! Having downloaded it and started using it in my game, loading screens hang for quite a few seconds and I've been crashing a lot, too. I tried removing the mod but that didn't fix it, and I've worked out it seems to have done something to my save file (if I remove the save file the game goes back to normal!) Wasn't like this beforehand. Just a heads up But thank you for your hard work nonetheless <3

First of all, I'm very sorry that happened to you.I have been using this mod for over two weeks with no issues, so I'm not sure what could
be causing that.Do you have any other mods installed that might conflict, or any new mods you installed right before this one?
Any details would be appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:25 AM
Just tested it..and it works fine...good job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:25 AM
Thank you so much for this. It's been my wish from launch to have more then 3 traits.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:28 AM
I have been so wishing for a mod like this. Playing with traits has always been a huge fun factor for me with the entire sims series. And the sims 4 left much to be desired in that way.

So, going to try this now. Thank you~!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:10 AM
I have the same feeling like you so this is absoulutely what I'm hoping for ,
Thank you so much =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:44 AM
This mod sounds way too still in the beta stage. I suggest to those thinking of downloading, not to.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:45 AM
Default Thank you for creating this mod... :)
I too have been hoping someone would create a Trait mod as in TS3, I used Awesome Mod and all my sims had 10 to 12 traits. Much more realistic and well-rounded to say the least. This mod will make the game just that much better.

Life is not about surviving the storm but rather how to dance in the rain...

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:13 AM
hai the mods is not working in update3 the sims 4 can someone help me how to install it,i place packages file on mods folder, and I try not to extract it just put zip in mods folder noting happen.both menthod I try it,noting happen just 3 cas traits my traits is(cheerfull,outgoing,and romantic) and I want add creative trait,genius trait,and neat trait it doesn't show in traits tab why? I follow the instruction just left click on my sim,cheat sim info,add traits but it doesn't show-__"
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:05 PM
I would to see mod which let chose traits in CAS from Reward traits.

OFC that is great mod too
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:30 PM
Default Mod installation
Quote: Originally posted by teddy899
hai the mods is not working in update3 the sims 4 can someone help me how to install it,i place packages file on mods folder, and I try not to extract it just put zip in mods folder noting happen.both menthod I try it,noting happen just 3 cas traits my traits is(cheerfull,outgoing,and romantic) and I want add creative trait,genius trait,and neat trait it doesn't show in traits tab why? I follow the instruction just left click on my sim,cheat sim info,add traits but it doesn't show-__"

Hello, do you have either of the debug/testing cheats mods installed that are listed on the mod description? Also, of the five mod versions you should only
install one and the mod needs to be unzipped and extracted to your sims 4 mods folder otherwise it won't work.I hope that helps and if not you can PM me.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:47 PM
I have installed the required mods to run with this mod and everything seems to be working so far. Love it. Will keep testing it.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:04 PM
yes i have debug and testing cheats mods.i already extracted to the sims 4 folder.-_-"when I add traits "Genius" it doesn't show I have already 3cas traits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:25 PM
Default Mod Not Working
yes i have debug and testing cheats mods.i already extracted to the sims 4 folder.-_-"when I add traits "Genius" it doesn't show I have already 3cas traits.

Hello,
What version of the mod do you have installed? Because depending on the version, it will only
allow you to add a certain amount.Have you been able to add any traits, or is it just the Genius trait
that's not working? Also, check to see if testing cheats are enabled.I know the mods from TwistedMexi
and Clown are supposed to enable them automatically, but maybe there is a bug and they are not.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:38 PM
version 5 ^-^ Embyr and my the sims 4 already update3.i already add creative trait,genius trait,and neat trait it doesn't show.and i also already extracted "MTS_Embyr311_1468559_MoreTraits-Version5" to mods folder any solution?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:52 PM
Default Mod Not Working
version 5 ^-^ Embyr and my the sims 4 already update3.i already add creative trait,genius trait,and neat trait it doesn't show.and i also already extracted "MTS_Embyr311_1468559_MoreTraits-Version5" to mods folder any solution?

Do you have script mods enabled in game options? And do you have the unpackedmod folder that is required for some game mods now.
Also to test whether testing cheats are enabled type in "testingcheats true" in the cheats box.If they are
enabled the game will tell you, if not it will say something like testingcheats enabled.If nothing else works, you could type in the manual add trait cheat into
the cheat box.It goes traits.equip_trait <traitnameNoSpaces>
Example: traits.equip_trait SteelBladder
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:58 PM
Maybe i'm too dumb, but where do i see those additional basic traits? When in CAS there is nothing changed and with testingcheats i can add as much traits as i want anyways?!?!
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:58 PM
yes it is^^.I don't have " unpackedmod folder".I already test what you say to me it doesn't work. except "unpackedmod folder" do you think I must place"MoreTraits-Version 5.package" to "unpackedmod folder"?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oruda
Maybe i'm too dumb, but where do i see those additional basic traits? When in CAS there is nothing changed and with testingcheats i can add as much traits as i want anyways?!?!

Hello,
You can not add extra CAS traits(such as genius, good, creative) in the CAS screen.Also you can't add these traits using testingcheats alone, only reward traits you
can get from the store such as morningsim, nightowl, speedreader, etc.If you try to add an additional CAS trait when you already have three (such as good or bookworm) with just testing cheats, it will not work.It won't add the trait to your sim.If you have less than three CAS traits, you could probably add a couple of CAS traits with testing cheats alone. But my mod expands that number for an adult sim from 3 to 10.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:11 PM
thnks man it works know."unpackedmod folder" its important hahahhaha
Page 1 of 16