Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chewing Gum

by Arsil Posted 25th Oct 2014 at 7:53 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2014 at 2:52 PM by Arsil

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:15 PM
This made me smile - thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:10 PM
That's amazing. I've never thought of something like this before! I rarely brush my teeth ingame because I don't really care for +5 but chewing gum is much more comfortable.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 9:21 PM
Great. Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:43 PM
This is very cute! But I have a question - the way you describe it, it's more like the way Sims 3 does candy. Is that the way it is - they eat it and it's gone? Or is it more like gum in that it lasts a while for them to chew? Or are we assuming that the 1 hour buff is while they are chewing? (Even though they're physically not.)

I think this is cool, and I don't think it's lame at all. :) Would be really cool if it has the cud-chewing animation that someone would have in real life, but that might be too difficult to do.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:20 PM
This is really cool! Have faith in your mods! It reminds me of the cigarette mod. Now maybe if my Sims are trying to quit cigs they can chew on some gum
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:52 PM
Arsil...I don't think this is silly or useless as you inferred. This is a fun mod to have and I'm glad you made and shared it with all of us. Thank you!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:26 AM
Great mod, no sledge hammers here! A lot of fun can be had with it. Thank you for sharing!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:11 AM
Thanks!It looks like fun.
Banned
#10 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:56 AM
When I download this, I'll prepare the incinerator, just in case.
*steals from next door* *closes windows*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 8:19 AM
Not gonna lie, this is pretty cute. I was hoping when I saw the title it would give you a buff for minty fresh breath. Woo! No more waiting almost a whole sim hour for them to brush their teeth I really enjoy this. Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 8:20 AM
Very cool, can't wait to try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 9:27 AM
Awesome :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
they eat it and it's gone? Or is it more like gum in that it lasts a while for them to chew? Or are we assuming that the 1 hour buff is while they are chewing? (Even though they're physically not.)

They put the gum in their mouth (existing eating/biting animation), chew it for a few
seconds (custom animation repeated a random number of times) and then it's gone.
Let's pretend they swallow the gum, spit it (rude!) or put it in a piece of paper to drop
it in the trash later, shall we? ^^

Quote:
Would be really cool if it has the cud-chewing animation that someone would have in real life, but that might be too difficult to do.

If you mean opening more the mouth/jaw while chewing then that sounds easy to do,
of course the result will not be so good cause I suck at doing animations.
Other than Inappropriate, are there other traits that should trigger that animation?

Don't expect updates any time soon cause right now I'm sick of this mod
(even if it's very simple it took me a lot of time to get it done).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:08 PM
I love it too! Sure, in a way, it's a little bit useless, but that's why it's so great! Thank you for the time it took you to build this, I'm downloading it right away!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:46 PM
Love it..........
Forum Resident
#17 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
They put the gum in their mouth (existing eating/biting animation), chew it for a few seconds (custom animation repeated a random number of times) and then it's gone. Let's pretend they swallow the gum, spit it (rude!) or put it in a piece of paper to drop it in the trash later, shall we? ^^

If you mean opening more the mouth/jaw while chewing then that sounds easy to do, of course the result will not be so good cause I suck at doing animations. Other than Inappropriate, are there other traits that should trigger that animation?

Don't expect updates any time soon cause right now I'm sick of this mod (even if it's very simple it took me a lot of time to get it done).

That's what I meant, actually - the chewing motion to continue. I see people all the time constantly chewing gum, and while it's kind of annoying at times, it would be funny to have a Sim do that. And would help us create certain people more realistically. (I can see having a really obnoxious, big-haired Sim chewing gum all the time! ) If you don't, no problem - I can just use it as a quick pick-me-up buff for my own Sims.

And I think you should know - even though this is a little, sort of silly thing, I love it! It's a great little mod to have.
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Arsil : 26th Oct 2014 at 4:28 PM.
I'm not sure if that is doable, but I'm sure I can't do it ^^

EDIT: well, actually maybe is doable using alarms while a [hidden] moodlet
is active, but sims will chew intermittently and that would look very odd.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:41 PM
thank
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:35 PM
Lol, the description made me giggle.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:56 PM
i didn't know how much i needed gum in my game until i found this! haha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 8:00 AM
Danke schön!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 10:10 AM
Saw this and went, nah...then I came back to it and said yes! Thank you for this. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 3:21 PM
Don't worry, I think it's actually a quite simple, yet interesting mod! Yes for chewing gums in the game and minty breath on the go!

I don't mind that the chewing animation does not include actual chewing over time since it would take a lot of work anyway to correct that and it still looks nice as it is, the only thing that needs adjustment in my opinion is the chewing gum stripe's position, it looks like it's magically floating in the sim's hand
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 7:36 PM
This is cute. I have to try this
Page 1 of 3