Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Glass Wings - All Ages

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 946 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 129,115 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 11th Nov 2014 at 4:29 PM
Updated: 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:51 PM - Added toddler version by Yunanesca
***UPDATED WITH TODDLER VERSION, JANUARY 22 2018: A big THANK YOU to the very helpful Yunanesca, who has now made a conversion of the wings for Toddlers.
Grab them from the Files tab. Now all ages can have wings!***
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is a conversion of my TS3 Recolourable Glass Wings. They are for males and females from Toddler to Elder, coming in three separate files, one for Children, one for Teen-Elder, and one for Toddlers. In game, they're found in CAS under Glasses, with a custom thumbnail depicting a wing, and contain 18 swatches for 18 different preset colours and patterns. (So please note that your sim will be unable to wear glasses if they are wearing the wings.)

They're categorised for all standard outfits, and remember that you need to go into every category and apply them in each one, in order for your sim to always be wearing them no matter what category of clothes they change into. (But, note that they don't stay on when Nude.) They are not enabled for Random, so you shouldn't get townies generated with wings.

They come in three different styles: Monarch Butterfly pattern, Solid colour with a patterned border, and Solid with no border. In the below pic, the first two rows show the Butterfly pattern in six different colour combinations, and the bottom row shows the solid-bordered style in two variations, plus a Solid wing with a multicolour Art Deco-style pattern applied to it.

The solid colour variation is especially useful for those who don't have good graphics and for whom patterned items can look blurry. The solid colours included are, as below, blue, red, yellow/gold, light green, dark green, pink, white, black, and a distressed brown in case you have Steampunk fairies or some kind of supernatural character with leathery wings:

In-game, a faerie family enjoys a frolic in their pool while their mixologist cousin makes juice on the rocks.

And as of January 2018, thanks to Yunanesca's toddler conversion, now toddlers can have wings too.

Recolouring: Now that we no longer have CaST, it's hard to guess what colours or patterns every player would like these wings to come in, so I've supplied recolour templates so that you can make recolours yourself. And as I've said in a couple of other uploads, I'm so pleased that we can recolour glass quickly and easily in TS4!

The three templates for the three different styles are in the 'Recolour templates for wings' zip file on the Download tab. The solid ones are very easy to recolour, just requiring a bucket fill in the rectangular square these wings are mapped to. The Solid Bordered ones are almost as easy - just apply the colour of your choice to the inner colour mask area (in yellow), and another colour or a pattern to the outer mask area (in red). But the Butterfly pattern requires more patience to get right, and I've attached it as a .bmp file to save the loss of quality from my original .psd file - saving it as .jpg like I did with the two others, makes it go too pixellated. The bmp file also contains the alpha channel, so you can see what the alpha looks like and you can play around with making it lighter or darker for more or less transparency.

Original TS3 version here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=487123

Thanks for looking, hope you'll find these useful for your supernatural folk.

INSTALLATION:
Unzip the zip file and move the .package files to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder.

Polygon Counts:
1348 polys (each set)

Additional Credits:
Made with Sims 4 Studio and Blender.
Thank you again to Yunanesca for the toddler conversion!