Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fish Tank Capacity and Fish Bowl feeding mods

by Darkcloudwalker Posted 16th Nov 2014 at 6:27 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2014 at 9:43 PM by Darkcloudwalker

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:38 PM
I have a few questions. 1, does the aquarium mod work with all aquarium objects, or just that particular one? and the same question again for the fish bowl? 2, would it be possible to allow the fish bowl to also hold more than one fish? 3, how does the fish breeding work?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 8:15 PM
It works with all aquariums... not sure about non-sims3.com aquariums however unless they use the same XML. The fish bowls were designed to only have one fish in them... never was there anything in the XML to tune to allow more or it would have been considered. Breeding takes time in the aquariums and when they breed there is a chance for twins and triplets... this can not be done in the fish bowl for obvious reasons... but have any two of the same type of fish in a tank and they will breed autonomously with about a 30% chance per autonomous woohoo to produce offspring. The offspring will always be Normal quality however... this will still allow your tank to fill to it's max capacity should you allow them to continuously breed... also breeding has no baring on offspring to parent relations... any two fish will breed. They will attempt to woohoo every 2880 Sim minutes (every 48hrs).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:08 PM
i don't have high end loft installed at the moment, so can i just use the fishbowl feeding mod for the regular fishbowls?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM
Yes they can be used together or separately... two completely different lines of code.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:49 PM
Cool sorry if that was a stupid question. Thanks for the mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:29 PM
Thank you!
One Minute Ninja'd
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 12:24 AM
Thank you for the update. To be honest, I'm still using RB's original 20 fish mod and it's still working just fine, but it's nice you refreshed the code. Question though, as the fish bowl portion of your mod is separate, would that mean it should be compatible with any other fish tank mod out there, like RB's original (I know Shimrod still offers one with a 60 fish capacity, but that kind of overcrowding is, IMO, harmful to the fishes mental health)?

I don't mind pulling the old one out, but I have a heavily stocked tank right now and I'd like to "rescue" those fish before any changes. I guess I could temporarily put them in like 15 fish bowls until I added a "new" big tank, then move them back, but perhaps I could just finish out this current generation game before swapping the mod and buying a new tank.

But still, thanks for taking the time to update a classic mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 12:04 PM
They're two separate XMLs so completely compatible. Also you can go to the aquarium and 'Take All' in the Manage option which will add the fish to your inventory... and swap whenever you'd like. Fish won't die in your inventory... so there is no 'danger' to the moving process.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 11:44 PM
Thanks, just what i need...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 12:27 PM
thanks you
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 12:08 AM
I was wondering if I could give a request for a specific type fish tank?
Here are some examples:
http://photos.nsmb.com/files/2/2/3/5/6/100_6038.jpg
http://www.aquarium-design.com/tank.../smithdds02.jpg
http://www.yourpetclip.com/articles...s/2013/08/2.jpg
If you can make them where I can use them against the wall or look like they're built-in, that'd be awesome! If you have to build the wall for it, please make it re-colorable where we can change the texture of it to match our walls. Would like frames that are re-colorable. Would like the sand/rocks re-colorable as well. Please and thank you!

If you cannot do it, please forward this to any of your meshing friends who can!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 12:31 AM
thanks.For mod
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 12:11 AM
Do you guys know any way to make all species be visible in all aquariums? I know what's the problem, not all of the fishes have animations for all aquariums. That is why I use fog emitter to get bowl animation of the fish inside bigger tank. If there was a way to force the game to show bowl fish in bigger tank, when you put the fish there... I like salamandra, but I have to keep it in the bowl to see it correct. That is inhumane... Bowl is for flowers, not fish!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 1:11 PM
So stupid question...is this for sims 3 or 4? I found it by googling for sims 4. and where does it show up in the game? I looked in the section of build where the fish bowl is and it wasn't there?

Thanks in advance! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 10:46 PM
Thanks for the mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:49 PM
Thank you so much for updating Rainbow_Brite's mod - I found it today and was disappointed that it's not compatible with later versions, now I have some hope, it sounds like a great mod!

I've had issues with fish disappearing, I suspect they might have eaten one another :/ also the 6-fish limit always bugged me based on the size of the aquarium, you ought to be able to have more in there. So, I wanted to try out Rainbow_Brite's FishTankCompacity_15+NoHunger mod ... but it didn't work for me I guess version is too old.

Since you seem to have updated some of the mods, I thought it would be worth asking here... is it possible to increase the tank capacity and stop them from eating one another, but still have my sim feed them and clean them normally? As far as I can see, all your mods stop the sims from feeding the fish, please correct me if I'm wrong thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 9:15 PM
They stop the 'need to feed the fish' not the ability to do so. It also keeps them from eating one another by default. It basically turned the aquarium into an interactive piece of scenery as it honestly should have been in the first place. I gave the ability to breed them in the pack just in case folks wanted that feature.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:18 AM
Thanks for replying I understand your point, although some people might feel that feeding and cleaning the fish is pointless, I personally would feel that it was cheating to turn it off :/ for the same reason I don't buy my pets the bottomless pet bowl or steel bladder trait. I want to do these things as part of my game! I know you said I could still feed them if I wanted to, but knowing they won't ever die if I forget bothers me somewhat, it makes it feel pointless. I was wanting to put the mod in so that I could breed fish in the fish tank, my cat has caught some nice fish for me and I thought I could breed them to get a good supply of fertiliser for my garden. But if they will breed indefinitely without me having to remember to feed them at all, I'd feel that was cheating. At the same time though I don't want three aquariums, my sim lives in a tiny studio XD but if I didn't /have/ to feed the fish, I'm sure I'd forget more and more often if there was no reason for me to bother doing it... Thanks anyway, though.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 1:41 AM
So, quick question: If you have the woohoo feature activated, would they only breed with fishies of the same species, or would they just breed with any fishies? Also, do they breed like every 5 seconds, or it spaced out so, for example, they only breed once a day? Or is it completely random when they breed? I assume it's random, but I'm not quite sure...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:23 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 10:17 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 10:25 AM
Does this mod work like the Fish Don't Die mod where the fish are basically immortal and live for 9999 days?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 6:20 PM
:)