Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 5:30 PM
Default Baby gender dictation!
So... Since I've had sims 4, any children born in game have been boys. The only way I get a daughter is adopted, or made from CAS/manage households.

Then, I stumbled across this http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-of-baby-theory ((this isn't my theory, just reposting the idea here + my thoughts on it))

Anyways, I've seen a lot of people on different forums complaining of excessive baby boys. According to this, the baby gender is influenced by what mood the parents are when they conceive. (Just adding here, it's quite possible this is just an odd glitch or something.... It doesn't make sense as to why this would be programmed in.)

Apparently, flirty or very flirty mood causes (or increases chances for) a baby boy. Confident/inspired cause a girl. (Or maybe it's flirty-boy / everything else- girl.)

The test results from the person who originally discovered this seem pretty promising. I've only tested this a couple times myself.. One flirty conception, it was a boy.The next one they were both inspired, and it was a girl.

This also makes perfect sense to me, because of the amount of boys I have. I never really paid attention to their moods at conception before... But I always do a bunch of romance actions before woohoo... So that means they're always flirty when they conceive, which matches the fact I always have Boys. Plus, I hear lots of people complaining of too many boys.. And it makes sense that people would often have their sims flirty before Woohoo, right?

So anyways, I am really happy to see this theory come to the light... And I think lots of other people will be happy too.

If you test this out for yourself, post your results and tell if it worked :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 5:44 PM
I don't know, honestly. So far only three babies have been born in my game, two boys (twins) and one girl. As far as I remember, I think I had a plumbob mood affecting lamp in the bedroom (Late Night one which inspired flirtatiousness), and I think my two sims were very flirty, but I can't really remember.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 9:10 PM
My Sims are always Flirty or Very Flirty in game so they can have spectacular WooHoo. I have had Don father many children in game as well as having other families spawn children. I get girls and boys. Most likely it has to do with the balance of genders in your neighborhoods.

Quote: Originally posted by Lauren_Cheerio
So... Since I've had sims 4, any children born in game have been boys. The only way I get a daughter is adopted, or made from CAS/manage households.

Then, I stumbled across this http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-of-baby-theory ((this isn't my theory, just reposting the idea here + my thoughts on it))

Anyways, I've seen a lot of people on different forums complaining of excessive baby boys. According to this, the baby gender is influenced by what mood the parents are when they conceive. (Just adding here, it's quite possible this is just an odd glitch or something.... It doesn't make sense as to why this would be programmed in.)

Apparently, flirty or very flirty mood causes (or increases chances for) a baby boy. Confident/inspired cause a girl. (Or maybe it's flirty-boy / everything else- girl.)

The test results from the person who originally discovered this seem pretty promising. I've only tested this a couple times myself.. One flirty conception, it was a boy.The next one they were both inspired, and it was a girl.

This also makes perfect sense to me, because of the amount of boys I have. I never really paid attention to their moods at conception before... But I always do a bunch of romance actions before woohoo... So that means they're always flirty when they conceive, which matches the fact I always have Boys. Plus, I hear lots of people complaining of too many boys.. And it makes sense that people would often have their sims flirty before Woohoo, right?

So anyways, I am really happy to see this theory come to the light... And I think lots of other people will be happy too.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 9:12 PM
So far I've had six children born in my game, and I always try to get the parents in a Flirty mood. Four boys, including one pair of twins, and two girls.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 3:14 AM
This has all been talked about before and I shared a spreadsheet of all the offspring one man in my game had with many different women totaling around 70+ kids and another person also shared their same spreadsheet with around 40+ kids and there was no pattern. It's completely random. We both had large amounts of boys and girls and most of the moms had both boys and girls with our one dad. They just have a 50/50 chance of producing either a boy or girl.

ETA: Here's my post with my spreadsheet.
And here's the other spreadsheet which is from jwilli .
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 4:38 AM
This happen in the sims 2 also at one point. See if saving the game right before the sim gives birth, if it's a boy exit game and come back in see if it changes the gender, was able to do that in the Sims 2.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 5:05 AM
I'm pretty sure it's random. I have to believe it or i might get crazy and start imagining things like mind-control in TS4. When i played my first legacy challenge (not finished), my rule of succession was strict matriarchy, meaning only girls can be heir. I never got girls on the first try, they were all third or fourth borns and i never had a spare. I started a second legacy and decided to do it strict rotational, meaning every generation needs to have an heir of a different gender than the previous one. My founder is female and she got two girls so far. EA is evil
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lauren_Cheerio

Hi!

While they are woohooing, female selected type the following on the cheat console:

debug.pregnancy_force_female - for baby girl
debug.pregnancy_force_male - for baby boy
replace male or female by twins if you want.

Happy new year
Forum Resident
#9 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 8:36 PM
One of my couples had twins and then Triplets. They had three girls and two boys. Another couple had twin boys and another couple had twin girls. One couple had a single girl . I haven't noticed any particular pattern in my games.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 10:22 PM
Nope. My first neighborhood had a lot of girls and I do the same thing. Lots of romantic interactions before woohoo. My romantic sim was married to Don and he produced two girls. They were always in a flirty mood since they were both romantic sims.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:51 PM
My first try at playing a legacy/trying out the game, my founder and Zoe Patel had boy/boy twins, then a girl. My second time, with my current legacy, my founder and Zoe (again!) have had a boy, then girl/boy twins. Both legacies, the parents were in flirty moods nearly every time at conception.

So, my game is perhaps leaning towards boys at the moment, but I have had girls. Also, the girl in my first-try legacy was a girl twice: I accidentally left on the half-assed "story progression" aging on while I went to play briefly with the Kim-Spencer-Lewis family, and pregnant Zoe had the baby in my absence: a girl name Charlie. I wanted the birth and naming to be under my control, so I quit and went back to an earlier save, while Zoe was still pregnant with the same baby; and with me playing the household this time, she again had a girl whose name I ironically forget. It could be coincidence that that baby was a girl twice, but it could indicate that the sex is set at conception, like I think I've read here somewhere (sorry, don't remember where).
Forum Resident
#12 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:56 PM
Yes, S4 gender is set at conception. If you get the "Pregnancy Scan" mod (here at MTS), you can click on your Sim and find out IMMEDIATELY if she's pregnant or not and, if so, with how many kids and of what genders. Even if the mom is asleep. You don't have to send her to the bathroom to take a pregnancy test.

Then, you can either exit without saving and try again, or you can use the "Terminate Pregnancy" mod that's also here at MTS.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 1:37 AM
I have to agree with random. my first family had a random mix of genders in no particular order which was fine because I didn't really care. My second family was a legacy and I needed a girl my sim had three single boys than two single girls then another single boy then twin girls. I don't know if the father had any affect on it probably not but the first four were from one father and the last four from another.