Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheat Shortcuts

by plasticbox Posted 21st Dec 2014 at 11:49 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM by plasticbox

192 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Test Subject
#101 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Do you have script mods enabled? Can you show a screenshot of how exactly the game "sees the mod"?

yes they are.
and i hope you can see the print screen
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:25 PM
Quoting from the upload description:

Quote:
How to install:

Unzip the "shortcuts" folder and put it in /Mods.

.. Did you do that?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#103 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:06 PM
Quoting from the upload description:

.. Did you do that?

If I do that it doesn't see it at all.
If I place the zipped folder it shows up.
If I place the unzipped folder it doesn't show up.
Test Subject
#104 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roxyfoxy
If I do that it doesn't see it at all.
If I place the zipped folder it shows up.
If I place the unzipped folder it doesn't show up.

see here the print screens.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:50 PM
Yes. Please do as the instructions say. That mod dialog is rather primitive -- it lists all packages in the first list, all zips in the second (no matter what they are -- you can dump any random zip in /Mods and it'll show it as a "script mod"). This is neither so it won't show. But you should be able to determine whether it is installed by a) looking in your Mods folder or b) using it in game.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#106 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:58 PM
Yes. Please do as the instructions say. That mod dialog is rather primitive -- it lists all packages in the first list, all zips in the second (no matter what they are -- you can dump any random zip in /Mods and it'll show it as a "script mod"). This is neither so it won't show. But you should be able to determine whether it is installed by a) looking in your Mods folder or b) using it in game.

Well then it doesn't work. I am not able to use any of the shortcuts. So I don't know why not.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:12 AM
How do you mean "then" it doesn't work .. you *have* unzipped it now? And put ---> the "shortcuts" folder <--- in your Mods folder? (Not that folder on your screenshot .. ONLY the folder named "shortcuts".)

Test Subject
#108 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 2:22 AM
How do you mean "then" it doesn't work .. you *have* unzipped it now? And put ---> the "shortcuts" folder <--- in your Mods folder? (Not that folder on your screenshot .. ONLY the folder named "shortcuts".)

Thank you. That was the problem. Now it works and shows up in the game.
You should put that in the instrucionts like that XD. Because now I know what i did wrong the whole time. And i am not the only one XD.
Thank you for your'e help :lovestruc
And sorry for the trouble.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 2:28 AM
The instructions already say that .. Unzip the "shortcuts" folder and put it in /Mods. That is a verbatim quote. If people decide to do something else instead, no surprise it won't work.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:57 PM
Super useful. Should already be part of the game. Great job with the mod.
Test Subject
#111 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:57 PM
Has the shortcuts been updated at all for newer commands?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:22 PM
Please see the first post on how to change it if you want to change it or add stuff.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 7:44 AM
like you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 9:19 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:00 AM
this the best mod in sims4 thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:00 AM
this the best mod in sims4 thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 4:17 AM
You rock, man!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 3:34 AM
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT
Test Subject
#119 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 11:46 PM
So this mod stopped working when i updated to windows 10 before the last game update is anyone else having this problem?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 2:22 AM
Check that script mods are still enabled.

Test Subject
#121 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 10:25 PM
Mine stopped working after the dishwasher update. And Script Mods is still enabled.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 10:49 PM
Works for me. What exactly are you trying to do?

(Maybe check that you actually put it back in your Mods folder. Some people remove mods when they update .. it has happened before that they forget to put some of it back.)

Test Subject
#123 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 11:20 PM
Works for me. What exactly are you trying to do?

(Maybe check that you actually put it back in your Mods folder. Some people remove mods when they update .. it has happened before that they forget to put some of it back.)

I never removed the folder. I know bad. I just started the game like always, and typed casf and nothing happened. Then shortcuts and ssk and nothing showed up. But I found the problem.

Before the update, I put it in my "Mods/SCRIPTS" and it worked fine. But after the update, I have to move it to "/Mods" to get it to work. I never changed the .py file which I find weird :P.

Sorry about that.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 11:49 PM
Ah, maybe that means your resource.cfg got lost? Anyhow, thanks for confirming it's got nothing to do with the actual mod itself.

Test Subject
#125 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 11:54 AM
Default Stopped working after upgrade to Windows 10
This cheat worked fine for me until I installed Windows 10. I reinstalled it. Still not working. In the mods folder it is listed as shortcuts\Scripts\shortcuts.py. Doesn't even show the menu when I type shortcuts on the command line.
Page 5 of 8