Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheat Shortcuts

by plasticbox Posted 21st Dec 2014 at 11:49 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM by plasticbox

192 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 1:25 AM Last edited by iKat : 10th Mar 2016 at 7:06 PM.
I put the shortcuts folder into the Mods Folder and that didn't work. I don't know why it's not working. Hopefully someone can help but as of 3/7/16 this isn't working. </3 The mod is good though (I've used it in the past).

EDIT: I'm an idiot. T_T Forgot to re-enable my script mods. Love this mod though, still stand by it. Sorry. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 3:37 AM
Thanks,This is really useful for my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 1:37 AM
tnks|merci|cheers|gracias|etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 2:47 PM
Really needed for builds. Found this from an old SimsSupply video
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 2:30 PM
Thank you! :D This is so useful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 10:11 PM
whenever i type in the cheat it says her skill is at level 10 but her level is actually at 4 what do i do?
Test Subject
#157 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 8:21 PM
Am I missing something? After I download and click on the file, WinZIP pops up but it's not showing as a .zip file. It's showing as a .py file. Is that right because when I move it to the mod folder and play the game it doesn't work? Someone help me out.
Test Subject
#158 Old 31st May 2016 at 11:25 AM
hello
i am very interested in using your mod as im building a lot atm and having to type in all the cheats everytime is very time consuming!
i have downloaded and installed the file in the correct place.
when im in game, i have the script mods allowed button ticked and when i click the 'view custom content' button it shows up in the list right at the bottom (i have a lot of custom items) under scripts as 'shortcuts'
this leads me to assume the file is in the right place and the game can see it fine.
however. typing in any of the commands listed does nothing
even typing 'shortcuts' in the bar doesnt bring anything up?

please help if you can
caduto
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 4:28 PM Last edited by AlHollandiyah : 27th Jun 2016 at 9:05 PM.
Somehow this mod doesn't work anymore. As I have been busy building for a while I havent tested it in some time, so I can't say which pack or update broke it, but it doesn't recognise any of the commands anymore. It is properly listed in the script mods section and both CC and script mods have been turned back on, so it should work properly. I also tested if it was a mod conflict by removing all other mods and loading the game with only this one, but it still didn't work. I hope you can find what went wrong and are able to fix it, because typing (no, remembering!!) all those long cheats is a big headache and your mod is fantastic!

Edit: It doesn't work when I am in a world's view. For example, this would be when I want to type casf, but it won't recognise that. When I am in build/live mode it works just fine. Other then that what I said above still goes, script mods are properly enabled and it is listed, and there is no mod conflict.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 12:18 PM
Yes i found this from TheSimSupply videos.. and i have tried everything known to try and make this work but for me it just doesnt seem to want to work .. anyone else having this trouble since the latest patch ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:54 PM
THANK YOU
Test Subject
#162 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 5:26 PM
Does this work with the august patch?
Test Subject
#163 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 6:04 PM
At first, it didn't work. I could (press Cntrl, Shift & c) type "shortcuts" and it will shows the codes. I left it alone for a few weeks then I deleted. About 20 or so mins. later, I played the Sims and end up going to Game Options & seen there was a box to enable scripts (I can't remember word for word) but I checked that. The shortcuts works. I have the latest patch, all of Expansions packs (some of the Stuff packs), MC Command Mods & CC; no issues. Also, I have Windows 7 (kinda old [2011ish] PC), w/ The Sims 2, mods & CC.
Test Subject
#164 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 1:35 PM
I guess this needs an update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 2:32 PM
Thanks for this mod! I've been using this until I bought "City Living"; it's not compatible with this expansion.
I'd really appreciate if you could update this mod whenever you have the time to do so ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:35 AM
I was able to use it. That was last week(end in Nov [2016]) and I press "m" and MoveObjects turned off or on. But I see there's a recent update, I'm not sure if it's working now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:47 PM
Thanks great mod use it all the time
Test Subject
#168 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 11:46 AM
Hello! Could you tell me if with the latest patchs this mod still works? There's been a lot of updates (toddlers, city living, vintage glamour, etc).
If not, could you tell me if you're updating the mod?
Thank you very much for everything! :D
Field Researcher
#169 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 12:44 PM Last edited by darkhorus : 14th Feb 2017 at 1:36 AM.
Never mind, figured it out!
Test Subject
#170 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 1:22 PM
Really hope this mod gets an update. It's been a long time and it no longer works in game.
Field Researcher
#171 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 2:23 PM Last edited by darkhorus : 14th Feb 2017 at 1:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by awkwardlymikki
Really hope this mod gets an update. It's been a long time and it no longer works in game.

It works for me and my game is up to date and I have vampires installed.

I added a lot more cheats to it, too.
Field Researcher
#172 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 11:21 PM Last edited by darkhorus : 29th Jan 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Would anyone be interested in having shortcuts for almost all cheats in the game, including the new vampire ones?

It's something I'm currently working on. I'm in the process of adding shortcuts for as many cheats as possible, excluding the really short ones. WIP, not finished yet.

I'm willing to share my shortcuts file with the community once finished, if people are interested.
Test Subject
#173 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkhorus
Would anyone be interested in having shortcuts for almost all cheats in the game, including the new vampire ones?

It's something I'm currently working on. I'm in the process of adding shortcuts for as many cheats as possible, excluding the really short ones. WIP, not finished yet.

I'm willing to share my shortcuts file with the community once finished, if people are interested.

Yes please! I really miss being able to use this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#174 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 3:05 AM
@darkhorus : I definitely would love this to be updated this is one of the most useful mods ever
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 4:42 PM
Just to clarify, since some folks are saying that this mod isn't working and needs updating:

This mod is a mod "outside" of the normal package files. So it does not need to be updated for its advertised functions to be working.

That being said, the mod works flawless with the latest Update (01/12/2017 – PC Version 1.26.96.1010).

Of course it would be nice, if there where more shortcuts. But maybe in the not so far future there will be, thanks to darkhorus?!
Page 7 of 8