Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 3562 (Who?), Viewed: 123848 times.
Page 1 of 143
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 5:41 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:50 AM.
Default Vent! V4
We've reached maximum venting capacity on three different threads now, so it's time for a new one!

From babicatz05's original post:
Quote:
A thread where you can vent if you need to. I didn't see any on here. So to my fellow grouches, vent away!

Previous venting threads:

Venting I: A New Vent
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335824

Venting II: The Venter Strikes Back
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=462440

Venting III: Return of the Venter
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3968076

A note from the moderators? I'd best pay attention!

This thread is for venting - if ya don't like what someone's venting about or you think their issues are stupid, then move on. Grumping, nitpicking, providing un-asked-for advice, or turning this thread into a giant wank over nonsense is not okay. You are not obligated to post anything, ever... that means quietly rolling your eyes to yourself if you dislike someone's rant, but not posting about it. Please keep that in mind, and don't make us turn the hose on y'all.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:34 AM
Alchemist
#3 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:58 AM
Oh God.. this means we're into the prequels for Vent Thread names now... that's worthy of a Vent in it's own right!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:32 AM
Technically IV should mean that we're back to the original trilogy and that there's no more Jar-Jar.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
#5 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 2:26 PM
Okay I'm venting because no one's venting. NO, SHOOSH MALOOKA, THAT IS NOT VENTING

This account doesn't exist
Theorist
#6 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 3:59 PM
I'm venting because we already need a 4th thread.

German humor isn't a laughing matter.

#7 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:41 PM
Screenshots
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:02 PM
Yay! New vent thread!... I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other a lot over the next few days

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 7:22 PM
I've confronted my best friend and now she's angry... Well, at least I'm happy that I stood up to her!!

Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.

Pronoun Wise
Check out my Simblr!
Scholar
#10 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:13 PM
I'm sad that Sims 2 is incompatible with my computer.
Banned
#11 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:32 PM
TOLD YA. New vent thread. I'm 13, and I want an American 80s RV.
#12 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:36 PM
So I'm in Newspaper Club at school and we don't even make a newspaper, we go around interviewing other clubs, write a 1-2 sentence summary about that club, and it gets put on the announcements. I wanted to be a cartoonist for a NEWSPAPER dammit, that's why I joined! They should've called it "Interview Club", because that's seriously what it is.

First we do practically nothing in Anime Club and now this. They really did a bad job organizing these "clubs". I heard Running Club does charities and things like that.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 12:30 AM
The day we got back from winter break, my math teacher announced that our final exam for the course would occur in four days. Then she dumped six pages of homework on us to help us study.

May your plumbob glow ever green.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 3:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonparkninja
Technically IV should mean that we're back to the original trilogy and that there's no more Jar-Jar.

I'm venting because I obviously screwed up the numbering by starting with the original trilogy instead of the prequels. In my defense, I probably never anticipated there being four of these.

...and I also can't remember the names of any of the prequels.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Alchemist
#15 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 12:58 PM
Mehhh... just took my exam today and I'm pretty sure I failed, or at least didn't do so well. I mean, I think on one of the questions I did okay, but the multiple choice questions were difficult. They weren't even difficult because I didn't understand though, they were difficult because I found them quite ambiguous, multiple answers could've been right depending on context. I feel like a failure.

Even worse is that my boyfriend thinks he failed his exam, and as I said in the last vent - He can't afford to get lower than 55 this year or he'll be put on a different course, in which case he'd graduate this year and we'd have to quickly find a new house and some form of money to afford it, in the space of say a few months - which is pretty difficult where I live because there's only so many houses and most of them are 'student only' and those that aren't are all taken by gap-year students.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:32 PM
I've just wasted 30 minutes of my life negotiating a translation job with a customer who changed her mind the second I mentioned a symbolic advance payment (a few cents just so I have her real name and bank details).
Inventor
#17 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 2:05 PM
I'm too scared/anxious to call up for flat viewings. My confidence has been shattered.

There was one just before Christmas, they set up a viewing and you have no idea how hard it was for me to get ready on the day but i was ready on time, I was pumping myself up, and then they call up to tell me they "can't get hold of the tenant". I totally believed them at first, but then I rang again, and they said they would call ME back, so I left it. A few days later I checked online and the flat was LET. They said there was another couple interested but they hadn't viewed the flat yet either.

I'm convinced it's because we needed a guarantor because we don't earn "enough". We had a guarantor, we had everything, and my partner and I have lived comfortably on less income before.
I assume the other couple were both working and had enough, so they just told us we couldn't see it because they didn't want to have to deal with our poor asses!

I don't mind not having a lot of money, we get by, we have what we need and usually what we want within reason. Being poor only bothers me when it is the sole factor that gets in the way of important opportunities. No one ever gives us a chance!
Instructor
DELETED POST
8th Jan 2015 at 9:05 PM
This message has been deleted by pizza.
Inventor
#18 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 11:15 PM
sneezing. frequently sneezing. I'm getting pissed off with it. also running out of tissues and forgetting to ask my friend to get me a box, while in Sainsbury buying painkillers.

'That bugger knew anatomy,' Ducky; NCIS
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 12:00 AM
I have a wicked urge to self harm that rose out of fucking nowhere. I'm gonna go to bed.

Scumthorpe Files contributions
You'd think by now that I would've learnt,
Not to play with fire if I don't want to get burnt.
Inventor
#20 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 1:14 AM
sneezing's stopped, and now I can't breathe, youtube's being pissy with some music vids I want to watch and I can't sleep. I'm tired and I probably will end up falling asleep, but not just yet. I blame the nap I had, watching how a Ferrari's made...

and before anyone kindly suggests I go to bed, I'm already in bed. :P

'That bugger knew anatomy,' Ducky; NCIS
#21 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 1:23 AM
I want to convince my dad to let me be in regular geometry instead of honors but I don't think he'll let me. He says regular geometry is going to be full of a bunch of losers and that I'd be taking the easy way out, plus geometry isn't even that hard. Come on man, either way I'd be a 9th grader in a 10th grade course. Honors is all about the "in-depth acceleration" of the same material, plus an extra 15 minutes of homework. I'm not quite sure I want to do something like that...

Oh and by the way, I'm starting high school in about seven months. :P

Scholar
#22 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:35 AM
People are angry about all the wrong things. I know that sounds hypocritical, but hear me out.

I am tired of people complaining about "selfie culture" and yelling about that instead of talking about things that actually need to be improved in the world - disease or genocide or poverty or oppression.

I am tired of people complaining about Facebook and Instagram users while continuing to use these websites. Especially when they complain about too many pictures of natural landscapes. How can you be so angry at trees?

In general I am tired of people complaining about petty, stupid, shallow things while ignoring actual problems that need to be addressed, and then mocking people for addressing or even mentioning those problems. You are more respected if you insult "people who use ipads" than if you bring up the countries most affected by ebola because then "you aren't doing anything"/"you're just a slacktivist" if you talk about that.

And I think I understand the psychology behind it: it's so much more satisfying, for most people, to feel superior and to insult people than it is to admit you are powerless to try and improve the world's suffering. It's easier to complain about something shallow than admit that, sometimes, there are no easy answers. And it's easier to call someone else a slacktivist than to actually get out there and put forth the tiniest bit of effort yourself.

And I hope this doesn't sound ridiculously superior or hypocritical of me. I'm sorry if it does. It's just frustrating sometimes that people don't even want to talk about the important stuff, and don't recognize the hypocrisy of criticizing "selfie culture" to get more views or likes.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
#23 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by efolger997
People are angry about all the wrong things. I know that sounds hypocritical, but hear me out.

I am tired of people complaining about "selfie culture" and yelling about that instead of talking about things that actually need to be improved in the world - disease or genocide or poverty or oppression.

I am tired of people complaining about Facebook and Instagram users while continuing to use these websites. Especially when they complain about too many pictures of natural landscapes. How can you be so angry at trees?

In general I am tired of people complaining about petty, stupid, shallow things while ignoring actual problems that need to be addressed, and then mocking people for addressing or even mentioning those problems. You are more respected if you insult "people who use ipads" than if you bring up the countries most affected by ebola because then "you aren't doing anything"/"you're just a slacktivist" if you talk about that.

And I think I understand the psychology behind it: it's so much more satisfying, for most people, to feel superior and to insult people than it is to admit you are powerless to try and improve the world's suffering. It's easier to complain about something shallow than admit that, sometimes, there are no easy answers. And it's easier to call someone else a slacktivist than to actually get out there and put forth the tiniest bit of effort yourself.

And I hope this doesn't sound ridiculously superior or hypocritical of me. I'm sorry if it does. It's just frustrating sometimes that people don't even want to talk about the important stuff, and don't recognize the hypocrisy of criticizing "selfie culture" to get more views or likes.

I have an issue with that, too. People complain and argue over petty little things like what to wear or which band is the best and then go on to either ignore or make fun of the important stuff. What kind of reversed psychology is that?

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Theorist
#24 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 5:06 AM
I absolutely hate when I'm so devoted to any franchise that no one will listen to the truths of whether or not science\romance\drama was involved.

I recently been disturbed in the sense of a mental wound reopening.

I absolutely hate when Sailor Moon fans get the astronomical planets, TNOs and asteroids in our universe (the real ones we see through the telescopes on clear nights out in outer space) mixed up with the mythos and astrology involved with said celestial bodies (whose only function is to serve as a former homeworld destroyed by the genocide and annihilation that was the Dark Kingdom for said Sailor Guardian). Hence how angry I get when they drag science into a cartoon that is not edutainment in the strictest sense.

It's just as bad as when they drag Creationism into public schools. However, I rather suggest students to come to their own conclusion if Science and Bible Studies were to be taught in the same school.

As for Sailor Pluto, she stays on the condition that:
1.) The source material was published between 1992-1997 (1991-1999 for manga fans), a while before the discovery of Eris (and the demotion of Pluto)
2.) Sailor Pluto plays integral parts in a good portion of the storylines she's involved in.
3.) As the fact Sailor Pluto's civilian name, birthday, zodiac and ruling planet are pointers to her astrologically, which astrology is a pseudo-science as it has no scientific basis, she is not tethered in anyway to Pluto beyond the namesake.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Banned
#25 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 6:51 AM
I got a post deleted on TSF for a terrorist threat. And it wasn't even a post inciting terrorism. So I quit that forum.
Page 1 of 143