Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 3682 (Who?), Viewed: 130193 times.
Page 2 of 148
Scholar
#26 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhd1189
We've reached maximum venting capacity on three different threads now, so it's time for a new one!

Previous venting threads:

Venting III: Return of the Venter
http://www.modthesims.info/editpost...tpost&p=3968076

By the way the link for the 3rd thread doesn't work, it also says 'edit post' instead of 'show thread' in the url.

And I can help you with the prequel names:
Star Wars 1
Star Wars 2
Star Wars 3
No need to thank me ;p

Anyway here are my vents for today:
Trivial one:
I ordered a doujinshi online, thinking it was about yaoi. It arrived and it's about sandwiches. I'm £30 poorer and too embarrassed to send it back! I can just imagine the ebay messages:
Buyer (me): Hello I'd like to return this and get a refund please.
Seller: What's wrong with the item madam?
Buyer (me): It's.....er......not pervy enough
Seller:

Serious one:
I'm so sick of the way people treat you when you have a chronic disease! Including my family and friends who have known me for years!
Scholar
#27 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:57 PM
To be clear, @Dizzy-noodles, I hit 'funny' for your first vent. That would totally be something I'd do too! Haven't read many doushinjis myself but the ones I have read were yaoi. :P

And I do know how much it sucks when people don't treat you 'normally' because you have a chronic illness. Or for me, I'm always suspicious they're secretly annoyed with me because I've had that happen before.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Instructor
#28 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:58 PM
I'm mad there's a new vent thread! Sad I guess is a better word for it.

I also wish people would stop relying on me to be able to help them in school. It's annoying to have everyone calling (that in itself is anxiety-inducing enough) and texting for answers, make up work, to compare answers, to explain question #X, to ask when something's due, for yesterday's notes, etc.
I know it might be kind of petty to complain about that, but enough with it! I'm tired of people always coming to me! I have a life outside physics class, you know!

I like helping people, but please, can I get one night of peace and quiet?

ΦΜ. Love, honor, truth.
Never dull your shine for someone else.

Hullabaloo - A Custom 'Hood
Inventor
#29 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 11:29 PM
I don't wanna get up, washed n dressed, tomorrow. means i'll have to put socks on. have to, though, if I want to buy cat food and another bag of cat litter.

'That bugger knew anatomy,' Ducky; NCIS
Alchemist
#30 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:00 AM
I feel like my life is just: Wake up > revise > shower when I take a break > revise > Bed.
All day
every day
I feel completely dead. But if I don't revise I'll fail. I have no idea about anything and it's a seen exam, so I've been planning out my essay and I don't know how long it should be, how many pages, etc. How many pages are you suppose to write in 1.5 hours? How many notes would I need to write that many pages in 1.5 hours? I planned out the essay, and it's 3 pages of notes. I hope that'll be okay. I worry that it wont be though. As I recall, my first semester I had this lecturer and I only just scraped a 40 (40 being minimum passing grade) overall for the module, but I'm pretty sure he gave me a 0 for one piece of work because the person I was suppose to work with messed us about on a project and we had to submit it late (which he let us do). But still, I haven't got my grades back for my portfolio work, so I don't know what my grade is yet or what percentage I need to pass in this exam to pass the module.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#31 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 1:09 AM
So things have been weird between me and this guy. Before xmas break, things were great- We sat next to each other in one class, we spoke to each other, and occasionally we would do a little flirting… It wasn’t much but I loved it.

So the break’s over now and he appears to not want anything to do with me. He’s been pretty salty to me lately for whatever reason. I wanted to talk about the break and all that guff when we got back but he wouldn’t let me near him. It confused me (and still does). I confronted him after school today and he basically told me to go away. Now I’m sad. wtf.

Better luck next week I guess?
Scholar
#32 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 1:23 AM
It's completely ridiculous how easily I get dehydrated.

This morning I woke up and was standing for about 5 minutes before I nearly fainted (my vision was going black) and/or threw up. Had to drink a bunch of water and lie down for a while. Then my stomach started cramping so badly I couldn't stand so I had to take some ibuprofen and put a hot hands pack on it. There have been several other times where I've nearly fainted or thrown up just because I didn't eat or drink enough (I know this can happen to anyone but it's not like I'm starving or not drinking anything).

At least I was only 10 minutes late to class.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Alchemist
DELETED POST
10th Jan 2015 at 1:57 AM
This message has been deleted by Zarathustra.
Scholar
#33 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by efolger997
To be clear, @Dizzy-noodles, I hit 'funny' for your first vent. That would totally be something I'd do too! Haven't read many doushinjis myself but the ones I have read were yaoi. :P

And I do know how much it sucks when people don't treat you 'normally' because you have a chronic illness. Or for me, I'm always suspicious they're secretly annoyed with me because I've had that happen before.

I know what you mean, I've often suspected that too (That's why I pressed 'love'). I get the impression they're sick of it sometimes, and I feel like they think I'm imagining the pain!

I don't have any tips for dehydration, but I sometimes drink Complan http://www.complan.com/fussfree/?gc...CFQEGwwodkj0A8w when I'm ill and struggle to eat, as it gives you the vitamins and minerals that you need, but in a drink (I use the powder that you can just make with boiling water). If you get nauseous sometimes, the best flavour is 'original' as it's the plainest one, and it helps to pour it through a fine sieve to get rid of any lumps. Hopefully you can get it or something similar where you live
Alchemist
#34 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 7:48 AM
It's slowly dawning on me how many people nowadays are completely, unhealthily obsessed with the capturing and holding of attention from others.
What is that even worth, anyway? And if that's all it takes to make you feel special, I'd say you need to take a closer look at who you are and how you feel about yourself. You're clearly not that special if you depend on outside approval to validate it. (The good news is, as long as you're not dead, you still have time to make yourself special.)
Besides, I'll tell you a secret: When you truly feel special, you don't need anyone to validate it. You just know it. It's always there.

But then there's also that specialness or uniqueness is a total crock of shit and doesn't exist.
You really believe that out of the BILLIONS of people who are currently alive and the BILLIONS of people who are dead, you're somehow remarkable in some way?
And why do you have to be? That's too much pressure. That's not fair at all. There's no such thing as a unique thought or action at this point, don't even bother with it. Do you and be happy and stop caring about how many other people do or don't agree. That's something else that people flip their shit over way too often: Agreement.
I understand it's vital in matters of major/important decision making.
But we really don't have to agree all the time. The world won't end if you allow people to have their own (Contrasting) opinions about you or anything else.

For example, recently, I was given the impression that someone I knew of, didn't like me.
I'm not so full of myself that I think nobody's allowed to dislike me. People can dislike me all they want, they can shit talk me, I don't care. Just don't murder/rape/burglarize myself of my family and we'll still coexist.
But some people will get an inkling that someone doesn't like them, and immediately fly off to confront that person and demand an explanation.
This strikes me as insanity. Would you like it if someone you didn't like, ran up to you and started acting like you owed them good reasons for your personal opinions being the way they were? No, of course not. So I don't see why it's so acceptable to do it to them. Besides, princess, not everyone on planet Earth is required to like you, so get over it. Jeez...
Another example is, I don't like dogs. I like cats. (Okay, I hate dogs and love cats, but I still wouldn't go out of my way to hurt a dog just because I don't get along with them.)
The rest of my family loves dogs. They think dogs are the best things to ever happen. They probably love their dogs more than they love me.
But that still doesn't give me the right to tell them that they're not allowed to like dogs more than cats, just because I like cats more than dogs. We can still exist, side by side, in a world where I love cats and they love dogs. It's not as pleasant as if we were all on the exact same page willingly, but it's doable. And that's good enough. As long as boundaries are obeyed (I don't shit talk religion to my religious friends, they don't try to convert me), we can all get along just fine with our opinions still being so different.
Some people act as if disagreement is the end of the world. It's annoying, gratuitous drama.

I can rant forever. I'm cutting this short for your sake, but trust me. I could do this forever. Ranting is how I stay (Moderately) sane. B|

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"Science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your ignorance."~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Theorist
#35 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:41 AM
I'm angry that my physical, mental, neurological and emotional being are breaking down.

To be clear, although "7 year itch" is commonly referred to the yen to cheat on your spouse, it can also refer to the crisis period that occurs about every 7 years in almost every human.

This 7 year itch is getting into eczema and I'm just tired of being carted to the various health centers with the inevitably painful eventuality of being stabbed in the spine base with a needle large enough to probably immobilize me for a day or two.

I am on such a mean streak from the fact I hate my life as stressed experiment. I'm so high-maintenance, my mom says "You wouldn't be happy if I hung you with a new rope and you'll still complain!"

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Instructor
DELETED POST
10th Jan 2015 at 1:33 PM
This message has been deleted by pizza.
Banned
DELETED POST
10th Jan 2015 at 2:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Aaron4Ever. Reason: MI5 will be on me in minutes.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:24 PM
I've felt very... blah and stuck for the past 2 days. I thinks there's a specific word for it, but I can't think of it. I wake up, drink coffee, and... sit. I have plenty to do- both fun things and chores- but I just don't want to do any of it. I'm cool with staring at a wall. It's not depression- I have depression that is treated and know what that feels like. This is something different. It's like extreme brain fog. Like if I focus on doing one thing for too long, it feels... wrong somehow. My focus needs to rapidly shift from one thing to another. Strangely, the only thing I'm okay with doing is checking Facebook and forums- I guess since the content changes frequently. I wish it would pass. I have crap to do!
Inventor
#37 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:45 PM
I'm fed up of sneezing. I don't wanna has a cold.

'That bugger knew anatomy,' Ducky; NCIS
#38 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 5:35 PM
My vent is, I've always believed the best of people; that they are moral, that they are honest, that they have honor, that they would work for the betterment of society, that people wouldn't harm other people just for fun.

And I'm finding out that is just not true, by and large. I've had an epiphany; good people are rare and precious.
Inventor
#39 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 2:36 AM
partner is away for the weekend. period is causing pain as well as making my emotions run wild. crying at just about anything remotely sad or sweet on TV.

Sometimes I think being born a boy would have been so much easier. I'm not transgender but I don't always feel fully female. I'd say I'm pretty androgynous. I think people think I'm a lesbian sometimes, which I don't mind really, I'm not, but it doesn't affect me in any way if people think it.
Alchemist
#40 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSimoholic
partner is away for the weekend. period is causing pain as well as making my emotions run wild. crying at just about anything remotely sad or sweet on TV.

Sometimes I think being born a boy would have been so much easier. I'm not transgender but I don't always feel fully female. I'd say I'm pretty androgynous. I think people think I'm a lesbian sometimes, which I don't mind really, I'm not, but it doesn't affect me in any way if people think it.

The more things you post, the more sure i am that we're actually the same person

I can't stand it when my partner is away, I really hate it. It's gotten better now that he works often and we're not always together, but last time he went away for the week one of the nights I was just crying and crying. It sounds so silly. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be one of those people who dies of heart-break a few days after their partner dies.

Also I'm quite androgynous. I'm not transgender and I'm fine with being a girl and all, but sometimes I come across as quite boyish. I remember in Psychology when we were learning about gender and I tried out some of the 'gender tests' and I always got 'androgynous' (weirdly on one my boyfriend got 'feminine') and I dress pretty androgynously - Though my hair is really long, so it's pretty obvious I'm a girl (or a guy with really long hair, I guess?). I remember when I started college and people thought I was either a feminist or a lesbian. I guess it's because I don't wear make-up or dress very girly, or something. To be honest I'm not sure, but it's fine because I don't mind that much. People at Uni know I'm not a lesbian because my boyfriend walks me to class sometimes.

Now my vent:
I ended up sleeping for 2 hours on the sofa with my revision notes on my face. Today has not been a good day in terms of revision. I just feel terribly ill. Stress makes the immune system weaker, so I'm trying not to get stressed. I only have 1 exam left and it's a timed essay so we get to see the exam beforehand buuuuhhtt I just keep messing up when I practice writing it. I always miss out like a whole paragraph, even though I know it! . Plus me and my boyfriend had a big argument last night about how he needs to revise, because if he fails we'll need to get a new house etc etc, but he spent most of today playing minecraft until I shouted at him. All is okay now, and he's actually been doing really well at revising. I just hope both of us pass because if he doesn't I really don't want him to have to go on the 3 year course and graduate this year instead of finishing his Masters.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#41 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:23 AM
Quote:
Are we including unprofessional webcomics and internet flash toons on the list?, because that is a very nebulous world.

Because I think it should stick to western animated tv shows, films and shorts and japanese anime -
some of which is already obscure and hard to identify as it is.

I found this on some random list somewhere and someone in the comments wrote this, and for some reason I just feel deeply offended by it. Not all animations and comics on the web are unprofessional! It's not a fucking unclear world! Arrgh, as someone who aspires to make comics and animations on the web myself...if only I could just get off my lazy ass...

Oh, and I just bought Destiny and it doesn't want to work.

This account doesn't exist
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 5:37 PM
To the people that administrate all the fiscal stuff in my town, kindly go fuck off. No seriously, fuck off!

In a single fiscal quarter ( 3 months) my house value did not increase almost 20K and the property my house sits on did not increase in value by almost 15K.

The housing market in my immediate area sucks as nobody wants to pay out the ass for a shitty school system, ect... and yet, you, town administrators continue to play the money shell game. Make claims that a house is worth more than it actually is so you can gouge for more money which will be pissed away on some stupid thing that the town doesn't need. The excess certainly isn't going to 8 million in debt that you've managed to rack up over the past couple of years. Nothing makes me click my heels together in joy than paying off interest on bonds for the next 10 plus years.

Oh and that $700.00 'other' fee, we will be having words about that. And just like last time, you will lose.

The joys of owning a house and all the crap realtors don't tell people. They're just as bad as lawyers....

Simblr <--- No drama, just pics.
There's no rest for the wicked
Banned
#43 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 6:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSimoholic
Sometimes I think being born a boy would have been so much easier.

With the amount of stuff I searched a few months back, and a view of some of my favourites, I can say being a girl may make me less weird when looked at by GCHQ.

Vent time: Deviantart mature filter. Censors stuff like its China.
Instructor
DELETED POST
12th Jan 2015 at 12:52 AM
Scholar
#44 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 1:03 AM
I can't go to sleep on my birthday ugh

Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.

Pronoun Wise
Check out my Simblr!
Instructor
#45 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 1:06 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRISH!!! :P
Forum Resident
#46 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 1:08 AM
Oh, Pizza. I've been there and it's not very nice at all. Similar situation, with the friend having depression too. You just get pushed further and further away and it makes you feel insignificant. In the end I stopped trying and let it die. We still talk sometimes, she likes my stuff on facebook and I don't really resent her anymore, but even now I sometimes mourn the friendship. If they really aren't interested, then I think you may have to take a step back. It might make you feel a lot better if you're not worrying about it any more. It hurts to see a good friendship go, but it won't work if you're the only one making an effort. *hugs* Of course, I may be wrong and it could be fixable, but it's now their responsibility, because you've made yourself clear.
Instructor
#47 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 8:18 AM
Break ups seem to amplify my clinical depression and just about every other mental illness I have l0l

I'm just tired. I miss him and I'm tired. I asked him to take a break, and he was fine with it, but I didn't realize it was going to be permanent. Everything just went downhill from there, and he got to see me at my worst which was apparently too much for him. He said he can't see himself dating someone with too many "problems." I get that it's not something everyone can handle, but it felt like a bit of a slap in the face. And the time we were together was so short, I feel like it might as well just not have happened. Because now it's over, and I barely have anything to show for it. I need to go through this whole process of moving on and getting over him and I have all this other shit on my plate already, I don't need this.
I fucked up. There's nothing that can be done about that at this point, but I fucked up and it still kills me that this could've been prevented, and even more that I had the power to prevent it. I wish I hadn't taken him for granted and now it's over before it had barely started. It's 8 in the morning and my brain is completely dead, and I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words.
I just want to isolate myself for a few weeks.
Scholar
#48 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza
Wouldn't mind a bit of advice here ..
I have a friend, well more of an acquaintance now, who has made me feel pretty bad for years. I still care about them and love them to bits. We used to be best friends. But I feel like I am the only one who cares about the friendship. They suffer with depression, which I really do sympathise with them for. I wonder whether this is the reason why things are how they are. They claim they need to surround themselves with people who love them, but I am always there for them and I am overlooked. They recently made a collage of all their friends and how thankful they are to have them. I wasn't included I got very upset about this, so I messaged them, to receive a long message basically saying I'm not on the list of their priorities right now and that the reason our friendship fell apart is distance. All because I am at uni in a town which is a half hour train away Yet they will travel upcountry to Lincolnshire, or further down into our county. I also can't help but feel this is a shit excuse - we could easily talk over FB and text. It just doesn't happen. Anytime we talk it's because I've messaged first, and the conversation ends because they have put no effort into it. Well anyway, I 'unfollowed' them on FB to stop reading their things, because I don't have the balls to delete them and I still care I looked today and saw they had wrote about planning to remove their Facebook profile and asked a question about having a business page. So I wrote on mail what I knew and asked why they were going. They told me that they are having a rough time and would be better off without it. So I tried to be a friend and said I loved them and that don't be a stranger, I'm always there if you need me etc.. and they did appreciate it, but it was still so blunt :/ It makes me feel sad because I always feel like my effort is wasted.. It iis simply not 'me' to be unkind and uncaring, so I always try to do the best thing and be supportive, ask what's up etc, try to listen.. Even though it breaks my heart 9 times out of 10. (Not a romantic interest just to clarify -- just a friend). Any advice welcome here, because it is exhausting to try and be friends with someone who acts like they don't care about me..
Friendships only work while both people are putting something into them. The good ones last a lifetime, others can fizzle out at some point. Think about whether you really want this person in your life and if you do, set it aside and try to rekindle it whenever it seems like they will be receptive. It could take a lot of tries or just one.

Otherwise, set them aside and move on. Life is short on time and long on interesting people, so make sure you're meeting the good ones and not lingering on the incompatibles.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Instructor
DELETED POST
12th Jan 2015 at 11:49 AM
Instructor
#49 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:00 AM
Okay, this is so silly but I need to complain. I bought Dragon Age: Inquisition without checking the minimum requirements and didn't discover my graphics card was sub-par until I had waited 20+ hours for the thing to download and it wouldn't let me start it. I'm a jackass, I totally deserved that.
Now it's just in my Origins library, mocking me. I was so close!! SOME DAY, I TELL YOU
Scholar
#50 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 2:30 PM
Pizza- I'm afraid I have to agree with Nat 619 and Fentonparkninja. It sounds like you're making all the effort, and your friend has moved on. I don't know why people do that. I've had depression for years (hopefully getting better, as I'm almost off my anti-depressants), but I never excluded my friends because of it. When it was bad, I often took a step back, and removed myself from things, but it was me withdrawing from everyone, not just one person. For example, I often couldn't face social events, so I would back out at the last minute. I also didn't visit my friends very much. But I was happy to chat with them over messages, and I thought of them a lot. It was more that leaving the house was a challenge. I don't think her depression is the reason she's being so distant, it just sounds like she's using it as an excuse. It is very sad, I have had it happen to me in the past, but you can't force her to be more friendly. It sounds like maybe you should stop trying so hard, and focus on the friends who do appreciate you. Also you will make new friends, who may end up being very special.

My vent is that I'm ill again, I've been ill through December, Christmas, New Year, and now, just when I thought I was getting better, it's getting worse again
Page 2 of 148