Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Orphan Children Aren't Deleted / Children Can Care For Babies and Pay Bills (NO LONGER UPDATED)

by DrChillgood Posted 9th Jan 2015 at 1:22 AM - Updated 24th Oct 2017 at 4:07 AM by DrChillgood

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:18 AM
How do you edit the resource.cfg file? sorry for asking, I started installing mods after the ghost patch so I dont know how to edit it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayan Onyx
How do you edit the resource.cfg file? sorry for asking, I started installing mods after the ghost patch so I dont know how to edit it.

It's in the Mods folder, or should be.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 6:23 AM Last edited by inuyasha_babe : 9th Jan 2015 at 7:04 AM.
"DrChillgood: Making The Sims All The More Bearable."

Thank you so much for the realism. This will definitely make my games more interesting

Quote: Originally posted by Ayan Onyx

You'll need Notepad++ to edit. Once you have it installed, just right click the resource.cfg file and select 'edit with Notepad++'
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:33 PM
Default Thank you =)
I've been waiting for this one for a long time, I was tired of children getting erased after becoming orphans, Sarah can now live in her mansion alone Thank you for this mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:33 PM
thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 6:06 AM
I can't wait to see this mod in action. And if you're teaming with scumbumbo, another of my favorites... wow! can't wait to see what's next, from either/both!
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:42 PM Last edited by lorddevensie : 10th Jan 2015 at 6:05 PM.
This mod is amazing, I have missed it since TS2, thanks a lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 5:25 PM
Amazing
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
It's in the Mods folder, or should be.

Sorry if this sounds silly but I have to ask the same question, I have the file fine, can edit it fine as I needed to previously but I'm asking from a structure perspective.

I currently have the following:

Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

Following your instruction for the new lines is the following a correct edit with the two new required lines simply slotted in at the top?

Code:
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides\*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package

I also noted the backslashes in one set of instruction on one site and forward slashes in another so... I'd rather ask now and look foolish than getting it wrong and creating more issues for myself than necessary.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreeUsername
Sorry if this sounds silly but I have to ask the same question, I have the file fine, can edit it fine as I needed to previously but I'm asking from a structure perspective.

I currently have the following:

Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package

Following your instruction for the new lines is the following a correct edit with the two new required lines simply slotted in at the top?

Code:
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides\*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package

I also noted the backslashes in one set of instruction on one site and forward slashes in another so... I'd rather ask now and look foolish than getting it wrong and creating more issues for myself than necessary.

You should switch to the backslash, so they match, just in case.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
I can't wait to see this mod in action. And if you're teaming with scumbumbo, another of my favorites... wow! can't wait to see what's next, from either/both!

You took the words right out of my mouth
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:54 PM
witch one I need to install for my game
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 2:20 AM
Surprised this hasn't received more comments / thank yous. This is invaluable, Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 4:37 AM
OMG! you're awesome! I have wanted this since sims 4 first arried..lol
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 8:37 AM
So do I should use your smarter baby cares override IF I want the children/kids care for babies too? What if I use scumumbo's smarter baby cares but don't want those kids care the babies? Then I don't need your override, am I right?
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nmlsslbrty
So do I should use your smarter baby cares override IF I want the children/kids care for babies too? What if I use scumumbo's smarter baby cares but don't want those kids care the babies? Then I don't need your override, am I right?

If you don't want kids to be able to care for babies, don't download either of the "kids care for babies" packages.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:31 PM
This is amazing!
The only thing that I need now is a mod that makes the children taken by the social services become available for adoption
Still great work! :D
Instructor
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 7:34 PM
Is this good to go with today's patch?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:20 PM
I'm probably overlooking something simple but your mod to not delete orphaned children says it needs to not be unzipped. But it doesn't show up in game when it remains as a zip file. Am I missing something obvious?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:08 PM
Thank you for allowing me to have this capability in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:57 PM
Thanks!!!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I'm probably overlooking something simple but your mod to not delete orphaned children says it needs to not be unzipped. But it doesn't show up in game when it remains as a zip file. Am I missing something obvious?

Did you get this working? The "obvious" thing you might have missed could be enabling script mods in the game. There's a check box for it on the last Options page, on the right side.
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 2:56 PM
My tech-english sucks so bad.. I don't understand how to install. I've changed the file, but it's impossible making a subfolder (I don't have a subfolder-map in my mods-map..tried to make it,since it wasn't any subfolder there,but it keeps on disappearing...I'm afraid to f... my game, still-I could need this mod... Is it possible to get an easier instruction..? I'm not a computer person, so I'm not good with them-- I got my first pc 10 years ago when I was 26..and to keep up with 'the youth' in here is pretty damn hard for me... And so is the 'cut and paste, don't unzip` thing... I use WinRAR and mark in blue and extract the file/s in the right folder and everything happens very automatic and I don't get a cut or paste option... All I want is to play theSims..the only computergame I play and love...but I find installing-instructions very hard when it comes to mods... I have big use of this mod, but need a full description on how to install..I don't speak computerlanguage...please help me...'cous my install problems I have with several mods, is hard to accept...and I feel stupid...and ooold..and I don't have notepad or notebook, nor a pad..
Love your mods<3 Hugs from Norway
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Renemor
My tech-english sucks so bad.. I don't understand how to install. I've changed the file, but it's impossible making a subfolder (I don't have a subfolder-map in my mods-map..tried to make it,since it wasn't any subfolder there,but it keeps on disappearing...I'm afraid to f... my game, still-I could need this mod... Is it possible to get an easier instruction..? I'm not a computer person, so I'm not good with them-- I got my first pc 10 years ago when I was 26..and to keep up with 'the youth' in here is pretty damn hard for me... And so is the 'cut and paste, don't unzip` thing... I use WinRAR and mark in blue and extract the file/s in the right folder and everything happens very automatic and I don't get a cut or paste option... All I want is to play theSims..the only computergame I play and love...but I find installing-instructions very hard when it comes to mods... I have big use of this mod, but need a full description on how to install..I don't speak computerlanguage...please help me...'cous my install problems I have with several mods, is hard to accept...and I feel stupid...and ooold..and I don't have notepad or notebook, nor a pad..
Love your mods<3 Hugs from Norway

Unzip every file you download for this mod except for - MTS_DrChillgood_1494979_DrChillgood-NoOrphanChildDeletion-Script - That zip file is kept a zip and put in to the mods folder of your game just like it is.

You need at least:

MTS_DrChillgood_1501426_DrChillgood-KidsCanPayBills
MTS_DrChillgood_1494989_DrChillgood-NoOrphanChildDeletion-TextChanges
MTS_DrChillgood_1494979_DrChillgood-NoOrphanChildDeletion-Script

Unzip the first two and leave the script mod a zip file.

-kas
Page 1 of 4