Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 151 (Who?), Viewed: 19494 times.
Page 1 of 7
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 4:56 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 5th Feb 2016 at 3:16 PM.
Default Whiteland - BUILDERS NEEDED
Frozen land of extreme climate, ihabited by natives, rummaged by recent research projects and finally made into a quaint town, perfect for living your icy dream.

The world is still in progress. You can find latest (unfinished) version of this world in post: #109

Advice:

If you want the world climate to function properly, set the season to winter only, but disable snow (it will make the wole world look bland).

Or if you want to have more festivals than one, but still have the freezing temperature use "testingCheatsEnabled true" and then shift + click on the ground to set the temperature to the lowest possible (ok, don't set it to the lowest, because it will accumulate the snow on the ground automatically, and whole world will be totally white) .

FOR BUILDERS : If you want to build community lots, it would be nice if you could use Jinx's Rabbithole rugs ( Here's the link if you don't have them : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3...Rugs-PetsFix.7z ). Here's also the list of lots that need to be done:

LOTS

-Upper town-

-Center-

-Village-

This is the first post of the world:

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 12:52 PM
It looks great The terrain painting is very pretty. I love the part with the ship.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 1:09 PM
This is lovely! I appreciate it a lot. I'll keep being stuned on this topic.
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 2:57 PM
Yeah. Make a triple back up of this. It gives me the shivers just looking at it.
What sort of architectural style are you going for?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 3:44 PM
I am in love. Winter is my favorite time of year. Screenshot 502 is phenomenal!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
Yeah. Make a triple back up of this. It gives me the shivers just looking at it.
What sort of architectural style are you going for?

I never learnt names of any of the architectural styles, but I'm going for the "log cabin" look in the upper part of town, there will also be central part , surrounded with a bit of tundra with a city hall, market, school, hospital, restaurant, bookstore, spa and a festive hangout lot ( all of these will be made using rabitthole rugs, some of the buildings will be merged together). And, ofcourse, an eskimo igloo village in the lower town.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
I never learnt names of any of the architectural styles, but I'm going for the "log cabin" look in the upper part of town, there will also be central part , surrounded with a bit of tundra with a city hall, market, school, hospital, restaurant, bookstore, spa and a festive hangout lot ( all of these will be made using rabitthole rugs, some of the buildings will be merged together). And, ofcourse, an eskimo igloo village in the lower town.

Will you need help with Sims (for the population making-part of the world)?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titi022002
Will you need help with Sims (for the population making-part of the world)?

Help would be appreciated, but that will be important later, once I finish more than 75% of the world.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 11:59 PM
Ah this looks gorgeous. Perfect for a science or research station community, filled with loner sims :D
Alchemist
#10 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 5:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerwil
Ah this looks gorgeous. Perfect for a science or research station community, filled with loner sims :D

Indeed. It could have a research center with container housing and/or baracks around it. and a small village further away from it on a (possible) dark grass and stone area.

German humor isn't a laughing matter.
#11 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:42 AM
That really has a lot of potential... I'm very much looking forward to updates
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 5:33 PM
I really want to know If igloos can be bought somewhere in build/buy mode, as I am working on eskimo village right now.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:38 PM
You can try with "Testingcheatsenabled true", and then do "buydebug on" (you'll have to do CTRL + CAPS + C first).

With the filter, you try select Sims 3 Seasons, you'll get the igloo in one of the category, I think.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 8:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titi022002
You can try with "Testingcheatsenabled true", and then do "buydebug on" (you'll have to do CTRL + CAPS + C first).

With the filter, you try select Sims 3 Seasons, you'll get the igloo in one of the category, I think.

Thanks, but I already tried that, thinking it would be in buyDebug. Nope, It's not there.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Titi022002 : 17th Jan 2015 at 10:11 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
Thanks, but I already tried that, thinking it would be in buyDebug. Nope, It's not there.

You're welcome, there should be a way to get it, this is practically sure! But I haven't been playing TS3 for a while tho.
Do you have new pictures for us? ^^'
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 10:59 AM
What an amazing project, very original.
If you don't find the igloos, maybe you could build them, like in the world Hyperboreal

Looking forward to seeing more!

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 3:03 PM
Concept of Eskimo village:

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 6:12 PM
This is really creative! Maybe you should do the biggest igloos a little bit smaller, I think that would look more realistic, but you don't have to take my comment in consideration, it'so nly my thoughts.

And I think, this part (or all the village) would look too repetitive if you used this igloo technique everywhere. But I don't know what you have planned.
Theorist
#19 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 6:16 PM Last edited by tizerist : 17th Jan 2015 at 6:26 PM.
It looks like a kind of science installation mixed with an Igloo a little bit. Which looks good, for sure, but it's not what you were going for. Igloos are rarely that size I believe, but googling it just showed that there are massive ones out there. Perhaps snow on the roof would make it look more natural?
There is actually Igloos in Ts3. I don't think they can be bought in Build/Buy mode though. Even my mod doesn't unlock that. But maybe in a save game you can have sims build some, and release the hood with a savegame...but will they stay there? Not sure about that. See Ts3 Igloos here:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...iw=1280&bih=638

Loving that cold pink sky.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 6:44 PM
Wow....I love the igloos - such an amazing idea. As tizerist already said it would look awesome with snow on the roofs Is there a basement under these igloos?

I agree with the comment above that the sky is beautiful.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 6:52 PM
Yeah, those big igloos bugged me too, in some way. Those are: hospital, bookstore and school - some kind of eskimo comunity center. But I think I should make them a bit smaller. Basements are good idea, but basements on ice... quite unusual.
Scholar
#22 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 6:57 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 17th Jan 2015 at 7:12 PM.
I love that the sky looks like a northern sky. Our winters up here come with the palest,
desaturated hues of blue, lavender, and pink skies - so beautiful.
It'd be nice if there was a mod out there that made it so the sun never rose above a certain point in the sky...

I love your igloos, but they seem more like those that would erected for the topside of a science lab/campus
than ones that would be put together by the locals.
(Which would be perfect for a community of scientists set for this world.)

I remember that SimSample was able to unhide the tents from WA. I wonder if someone has unhidden the igloos [from Seasons], as well.
Those might make a better igloo if you're including a community of locals.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:08 PM
This is perfect!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 1:08 AM
This is ridiculously beautiful! I can't wait to see more *haz a swoon*
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:54 PM
My Internet was broken so I couldn't post anything, and I was sick so I couldnt make a lot of progress but...

Igloo village is almost done:

Town was laid out. I mannaged to finish sesonal festival grounds (festival is held only during summer and winter, but I will change that). Game crashed, and town hall, with all of the shops I made yesterday were deleted. I was really pleased how it looks at night though:

Now, the thing is that I want seasonal lot to have a giant christmass tree in a middle during winter, but I can't find any:

Page 1 of 7