Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Sim Autonomy

by weebl_101 Posted 2nd Feb 2015 at 10:50 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2015 at 7:32 AM by weebl_101

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 12:16 AM
hi and ty again
is this mod compitable to u other autonomy mod? or do we must choice between either faster autonomy or more different autonomy ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:06 AM
thought it said anatomy
Still like it alot.
Big improvement.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:06 AM
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I downloaded the chilled version and unzipped it and there was a folder with an xml file inside and not a package file. Is it supposed to be like that? I'm just used to seeing .package or .pyo so I'm not sure what to do with this. Please advise. Thank you.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coopera
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I downloaded the chilled version and unzipped it and there was a folder with an xml file inside and not a package file. Is it supposed to be like that? I'm just used to seeing .package or .pyo so I'm not sure what to do with this. Please advise. Thank you.

Me, too. So I tried the hardcore version and there was an xml file in it, too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 5:27 AM
Thanks I will be sure to provide a notice if something breaks ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dandebalou
Me, too. So I tried the hardcore version and there was an xml file in it, too.

I just realised this as well.. I will get another copy up asap
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 9:49 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:04 AM.
I was noticing some things while using your mod and Shimrod's mod to fix bartender's issue. Here is what I posted there:
Quote:
Hey Shimrod. I am using More Autonomous Interactions mod and wonder if it will hamper what your mod is trying to do? I had an issue with the bartender (from one of my played families) wouldn't do anything until her husband came in to kiss her, then she would tend bar for a couple of drinks and after that she danced, socialized for an hour before tending bar again. Sims seem to know when the bartender was returning and it was funny because they gathered to get drinks before she took off again. It was like a lottery, maybe a few got a drink and that was it because she walked away again. LOL Long post, just wondered if your mod conflicted with the autonomous interactions one.

Just wondered if your mod is causing a conflict of any kind with the bartender's fix? Really, it's hilarious but just thought I ask.

Edited: Got feedback from Shimrod and he told how to fix conflicts. Still testing, I really like this mod.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I was noticing some things while using your mod and Shimrod's mod to fix bartender's issue. Here is what I posted there:

Just wondered if your mod is causing a conflict of any kind with the bartender's fix? Really, it's hilarious but just thought I ask.

Edited: Got feedback from Shimrod and he told how to fix conflicts. Still testing, I really like this mod.

It shouldnt conflict, as the XML tuning files that I have used are rarely touched. My mod just changes the amount of seconds between interactions, so Sims will no longer stand there idle for a few seconds... Let me know how you go though...
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by weebl_101
I just realised this as well.. I will get another copy up asap

Thanks! This may not be the right place to ask this question but I've been using your other autonomy mod and have begun to wonder if it is affecting other autonomous activities such as using the observatory. My genius sims have always been so obsessed with the observatory that they will use it until they are nearly starving or falling asleep on their feet. But that obsession seems even stronger now than it was without your mod. Is that just my imagination?

And this doesn't have anything to do with your mod as such but is something I'm wondering if you could modify. What bugs me even more than genius sims obsessing over the observatory is ALL sims -- regardless of aspiration or traits -- choosing to dance just about any time I am not directing their behavior or when another sim is already in the observatory. They choose other activities occasionally or if a specific need is low, but if all needs are in the green range they almost always choose dancing over any other activity. Even WITH our mod So far anyway. Is that an affect of the way I create them or do other people have that problem and if so can it be modified? I turn off the stereos to try to force them to do something else but they soon turn them back on and start dancing again. Thanks for any help you -- or anyone else -- can offer!
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 5:56 PM
It shouldnt conflict, as the XML tuning files that I have used are rarely touched. My mod just changes the amount of seconds between interactions, so Sims will no longer stand there idle for a few seconds... Let me know how you go though...

LOL it looks like lewisb40 replied in the wrong thread
she asked if your autonomous interaction could cause conflict with Shimrod's bartending revamped mod, but ended replied in your autonomy changes thread

anyway, from Shimrod feedback, I saw myself that you and Shimrod editing the same xml files

S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000006784 - Bar Practice Tricks
S4_E882D22F_00000000_000000000001A99C - Bar Practice Drink Making

but I'm too afraid to follow Shimrod's direction to delete that lines from your mod, as I haven't see myself any problem in my game (I'm not really sure about this)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dandebalou
Thanks! This may not be the right place to ask this question but I've been using your other autonomy mod and have begun to wonder if it is affecting other autonomous activities such as using the observatory. My genius sims have always been so obsessed with the observatory that they will use it until they are nearly starving or falling asleep on their feet. But that obsession seems even stronger now than it was without your mod. Is that just my imagination?

And this doesn't have anything to do with your mod as such but is something I'm wondering if you could modify. What bugs me even more than genius sims obsessing over the observatory is ALL sims -- regardless of aspiration or traits -- choosing to dance just about any time I am not directing their behavior or when another sim is already in the observatory. They choose other activities occasionally or if a specific need is low, but if all needs are in the green range they almost always choose dancing over any other activity. Even WITH our mod So far anyway. Is that an affect of the way I create them or do other people have that problem and if so can it be modified? I turn off the stereos to try to force them to do something else but they soon turn them back on and start dancing again. Thanks for any help you -- or anyone else -- can offer!

The first issue, was due to a bug, this has been fixed in the latest patch, I will update this with a new XML file ASAP... With the second issue, you might want to jump on AHQ and post something there about it, crinrict will know if its a bug or just an issue in your game. Otherwise you could try repairing the game through origin.

Hope this helps, I will have a look at the dance interaction though.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 2:54 AM
one question what the difference from light and hardcore versions?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellessarr
one question what the difference from light and hardcore versions?

Time Differences - MTS likes there to be a few variations
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:06 PM
hey, Weebi... this will be updated often, yes?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:09 PM
and will this work with the Emotional overcharge fix?
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:48 PM
Can't invite Sims to hangout at current lot with this mod after the Feb 3 update. I had to remove the mod because weird things were happening.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
hey, Weebi... this will be updated often, yes?

this mod probably wont be updated, it shouldn't really need updating... My other mod will be updated...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annlee1987
Can't invite Sims to hangout at current lot with this mod after the Feb 3 update. I had to remove the mod because weird things were happening.

Are you using the most recent version of the mod, I have released one yesterday that fixes that issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
and will this work with the Emotional overcharge fix?

Sure does
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 4:51 PM
I was using the emotional overcharge and didn't see much stuff except for sims being more prone to insult/being mean (which was already a small miracle in itself in that perfect Disney world lol), I added the autonomy mod yesterday and was pushing my test sims couple into flirty mood, expecting some autonomous woohoo... I nearly had a heart attack when one of the sim autonomously proposed and the other one accepted! SO CUTE! (and I forgot that they weren't even engaged lol what a bad god I make). I think it's the first time in all my years of simming that I see that and I could cry of joy! Thank you for your mod and please keep it updated!! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I was using the emotional overcharge and didn't see much stuff except for sims being more prone to insult/being mean (which was already a small miracle in itself in that perfect Disney world lol), I added the autonomy mod yesterday and was pushing my test sims couple into flirty mood, expecting some autonomous woohoo... I nearly had a heart attack when one of the sim autonomously proposed and the other one accepted! SO CUTE! (and I forgot that they weren't even engaged lol what a bad god I make). I think it's the first time in all my years of simming that I see that and I could cry of joy! Thank you for your mod and please keep it updated!! <3

Will do... Looking at doing one for Outdoor Retreat if you have that...
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 10:11 PM
Will do... Looking at doing one for Outdoor Retreat if you have that...

Well BF surprised me with offering me OR for Valentine's day :lovestruc so you can go ahead!

And I realized that my previous comment wasn't in the correct thread lol, it should be for your other mod 'Autonomous Interactions'. Maybe renaming this one here 'Faster Autonomy' would avoid confusion
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Well BF surprised me with offering me OR for Valentine's day :lovestruc so you can go ahead!

And I realized that my previous comment wasn't in the correct thread lol, it should be for your other mod 'Autonomous Interactions'. Maybe renaming this one here 'Faster Autonomy' would avoid confusion

OR has been updated in my other mod, I also took your advice and changed the name Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:16 AM
OR has been updated in my other mod, I also took your advice and changed the name Thank you

No more confusion then, that's good! I grabbed the OR update, thank you
Page 1 of 3