Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

MissPipsi

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 5715 (Who?), Viewed: 257602 times.
Page 229 of 229
Field Researcher
#5701 Old Yesterday at 1:56 PM
The interesting thing is that there's thread on the official forums and it's about whether people will create normal or colorful pets. Guess what? Everyone there says they'll play with normal pets. Two or three people say they'll maybe play around with the options to create pets for their Vampires, but basically everyone only plays normal pets [insert shrug emote]
#5702 Old Yesterday at 1:56 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Yesterday at 8:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
well that makes it slightly better I guess, but still...

I wondering If they could just 3D;ed those painted balls into actual balls instead of dots. In real life, I seen people who make-up their body into three=d images. Perhaps cast doesn't have tools for that, as developers spend all of the budget to trying to fix the kiddie soup ball pit.
Mad Poster
#5703 Old Yesterday at 2:12 PM
Imagine having such a shitty engine that you have to be mindful of polygons. In 2017.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Mad Poster
#5704 Old Yesterday at 2:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspookaboo
That's not an outfit lol. They painted the fur to look like that


Ah! Ok, so it is a "paint by number" poodle.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#5705 Old Yesterday at 5:32 PM Last edited by thevogel : Yesterday at 6:50 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
Imagine having such a shitty engine that you have to be mindful of polygons. In 2017.


Right!!!???

It just makes me insane....it's one of the many reasons I just can't bring myself to play TS4....and fiercely with as much bad language as possible, make fun of it. It's the only way I can accept the fact that I fell for buying it and getting a couple of the stuff packs before coming to the realization that we were all duped.

Look what they did to the pets.... they look like Playdough, even more than the Sims do. I'm mean COME ON!!! Like GrijzePilion said.... it's 2017.... and that is what you game engine does???? What a crock of shit.
Theorist
#5706 Old Yesterday at 6:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogel
Look what they did to the pets.... they look like play doe,

I hate to be 'that guy' but it's Playdough* (Or Play-Doh if you mean the brand)

ᵂʰᵒ ᵃᵐ ᴵ ᵏᶦᵈᵈᶦⁿᵍ ᴵ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵍᵘʸ

ʜᴇɪʟ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ
Lab Assistant
#5707 Old Yesterday at 6:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
I hate to be 'that guy' but it's Playdough* (Or Play-Doh if you mean the brand)

ᵂʰᵒ ᵃᵐ ᴵ ᵏᶦᵈᵈᶦⁿᵍ ᴵ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵍᵘʸ

ʜᴇɪʟ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ


Oooops my bad. So sorry.
Theorist
#5708 Old Yesterday at 6:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogel
Oooops my bad. So sorry.

xD no worries! I was intentionally being an ass!

Mad Poster
#5709 Old Yesterday at 7:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogel
Look what they did to the pets.... they look like Playdough, even more than the Sims do. I'm mean COME ON!!! Like GrijzePilion said.... it's 2017.... and that is what you game engine does???? What a crock of shit.

We're into the real shit nowadays like realtime volumetric sub-surface reflective bump-lighting. In TS4 objects are completely flat with only a bit of specularity and a bit of normal mapping. Lighting-wise TS4 has jack shit on TS2. Specular maps and bump maps were already common when TS2 came out. And TS3 has cubemaps that are generated on the go per room, whereas TS4 has a prerendered texture with some painted-on light sources. The only "fancy" effect TS4 has is how the outdoor light creates shadows indoors, but TS3 had that too in a slightly less detailed form.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Theorist
#5710 Old Yesterday at 7:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
We're into the real shit nowadays like realtime volumetric sub-surface reflective bump-lighting. In TS4 objects are completely flat with only a bit of specularity and a bit of normal mapping. Lighting-wise TS4 has jack shit on TS2. Specular maps and bump maps were already common when TS2 came out. And TS3 has cubemaps that are generated on the go per room, whereas TS4 has a prerendered texture with some painted-on light sources. The only "fancy" effect TS4 has is how the outdoor light creates shadows indoors, but TS3 had that too in a slightly less detailed form.

Well you see, it has to be able to work on EA's own servers.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5711 Old Yesterday at 7:53 PM
I would imagine many players aren't going to play with colorful pets because it requires some actual effort on the player's behalf. One of the major issues with CASt was being recolor everything, which elongated the creative process. Unless a player is feeling extra creative, I doubt many will use the CASt tool for pets extensively. They'll pick a breed and edit it a little, it not end it there altogether, and be done with it. The novelty will eventually wear off.

Unlike with furnishing a house, since there's more things to style than an animal, as since having different design considerations for designing a wall, a bed, a floor, and a chair to all look good both alone and as a unit, or having to recolor a shirt, pants, and a shoes to form clothing or an outfit, compared to simply designing animal fur.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
#5712 Old Yesterday at 8:41 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Yesterday at 8:54 PM.
I'm not really sure why people drool over the CAS of pets. Didn't it exactly work like in TS3, minus push&pull and move-around mechanic? Not that I know, but don't see really much of a difference how we could color and with splash our animals in with cast.
Theorist
#5713 Old Today at 2:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I'm not really sure why people drool over the CAS of pets. Didn't it exactly work like in TS3, minus push&pull and move-around mechanic? Not that I know, but don't see really much of a difference how we could color and with splash our animals in with cast.

Yeah, I'm more looking forward to being able to teach our dogs 'tricks'
Mad Poster
#5714 Old Today at 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Yeah, I'm more looking forward to being able to teach our dogs 'tricks'

That one TS2 mod has never looked so realistic.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
#5715 Old Today at 4:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Yeah, I'm more looking forward to being able to teach our dogs 'tricks'

Owner: "Take care of the baby".
Dog: "tilts his head" *woof woof*
Owner: "Oh yeah! I forgot how to use my common sense. Babies are glued to the cribs, duh! I indeed taught him a 'useless trick'"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5716 Old Today at 4:35 PM
omgwtfbbq <3

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 229 of 229
Back to top