Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:14 PM Last edited by DJ. : 19th Jul 2017 at 5:28 PM. Reason: fix pic links. also, yay: /d/593107
Default If there's a single thing missing from TS2...
... it's a bodyshop slider modifier to bring eyebrows closer together.

All of a sudden, I got an urge to play Sims 4 CAS Demo. I made one Sim, and liked them so much, that I decided to make the Sim's "identical" copy in TS2 Bodyshop.

Once I got to know that the eyebrow closeness modifier is missing, everything became weird to me. Every Sim that's ever been in my game/everyone's games has the same eyebrow length/distance!

The closest thing is the how-close-the-eyes-are slider. But it doesn't pull eyebrows along.
I know this is a very old game (already), and you should know that I adore every aspect of it.* I'm not whining about the missing feature, I'm just slightly surprised that I haven't discovered this before. (And I apologize if I just induced unpleasant sudden realization moments to some of you.)

Do you have any pet peeves when it comes to stuff that's missing from the game, but is not possible to add using any mods? If you could add anything to the game that would in your opinion made it more interesting or add some much needed features, what would it be?
Attached Images

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
You can get around that by having custom brows. Many of those come in different shapes including a uni brow. I guess seeing I'm not a sim maker, I make all of mine ion CAS from whatever face template rolls up, tweaking each area for a few minutes. It's not something that bothers me. I'm sure it bothers people who make sims for upload and spend hours over them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 9:16 PM
Someone somewhere managed to get the bodyshop sliders into CAS ingame (the sliders that normally don't appear in CAS). So, maybe there is a way to create new sliders. :/
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:06 PM
Jo, that was the first thing that popped up in my mind; to look for the custom eyebrows. I believe I'll spend quite a time searching for the ones I need, as I always do when it comes to downloading.

MMAA, I think that's completely different. I believe they simply made some UI elements visible elsewhere, or merely cloned existing sliders. I was curious once so I read why there aren't sliders for TS2 compared to a wide range of TS3 custom sliders - it turns out, TS3 renders bodies in a step-by-step (or layer-by-layer, or something among those lines) way, while TS2 renders a body as one unique mesh, hence why it's much more difficult to add more mesh modifiers to the game.
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 3:26 PM
regarding controls, one thing I feel is missing from the game and can't be added in without cheats or mods (as far as I know) is an automatic aging on/off control. I like to play a few families without aging them at all, and it can be a pain to remember to type it in every time. I would like to be able to set aging on or off, as well as age spans for each lifestage, with a slider in the controls menu like you can with Sims 3...I mean it's not a big deal and I can play around it, but it is something I've always thought would've been useful.

Bustin' Out!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
regarding controls, one thing I feel is missing from the game and can't be added in without cheats or mods (as far as I know) is an automatic aging on/off control. I like to play a few families without aging them at all, and it can be a pain to remember to type it in every time. I would like to be able to set aging on or off, as well as age spans for each lifestage, with a slider in the controls menu like you can with Sims 3...I mean it's not a big deal and I can play around it, but it is something I've always thought would've been useful.

I haven't played Sims 3 but I really like that system. I prefer to play 2 with aging off most of the time, but I want my kids to grow up so I use hacks to prevent adults and elders from aging (and switch them in and out if necessary).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 9:38 PM
There is an individual age mod with on, off controls on each sim. I have it, even though I rarely use it. Does it matter that it's a mod? This is an old game, nothing is going to be changed except by mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 10:22 PM
One thing I really miss is the household statistics button that was in the first game. It was nice to know how the family finances have been, and how many Sim days your family has been living on that lot. I'm disappointed that Maxis didn't carry that feature over.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 1:44 AM
I second the "how many days on lot" and add...turning free will off for individual sims. It'd be nice to shut off my servant sims' free will so they would only do the work I give them while allowing the royal family free reign. It would also allow for a lot more servants.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:30 AM
There is a mod for turning off individual sims free will. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=12761.0 I think that is it, I might have to check in game.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#11 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 11:29 AM
Strangely, the one thing I really miss are shoes that can be chosen separately. I have a ton of women's clothing, half of it, it seems, with boots. mostly black. (Were these so big a decade ago?) I also have a ton of women's and men's clothing with sandals, including some male formal outfits. It all drives me mad sometimes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 12:44 PM
Do you have some top only dresses? You team those with bottoms which are undies with shoes/shoes and tights, with those you can switch around.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
I have a ton of women's clothing, half of it, it seems, with boots. mostly black. (Were these so big a decade ago?)

...Black boots are unfashionable? I mean, sure, different styles of boot go in and out (tall boots, ankle boots, heeled, etc.) but it's a pretty broad category. However, consider that I'm in my 30s and not exactly up on the latest trends

joandsarah, I didn't know those existed, I'll have to go looking for some. Thanks
Forum Resident
#14 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 6:29 PM
@pinimon162 - if you don't mind using an aging mod, this is a really good one. You can set it to globally change age spans for all sims or override it for individual sims.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55854#msg155854
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Strangely, the one thing I really miss are shoes that can be chosen separately. I have a ton of women's clothing, half of it, it seems, with boots. mostly black. (Were these so big a decade ago?) I also have a ton of women's and men's clothing with sandals, including some male formal outfits. It all drives me mad sometimes.

That is one thing I wish could be added to Sims 2: shoes can be chosen separately. There have been times I liked a Sims 2 skirt or a pair of jeans but didn't like the shoes that came with. I know that shoe swapping is possible, but it is way beyond my custom content ability.

I also wish there were ear sliders that could add elf ears to any face shape, not just face 26.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsM'Quve
...Black boots are unfashionable? I mean, sure, different styles of boot go in and out (tall boots, ankle boots, heeled, etc.) but it's a pretty broad category. However, consider that I'm in my 30s and not exactly up on the latest trends

joandsarah, I didn't know those existed, I'll have to go looking for some. Thanks

Top only dress http://digitalperversion.net/garden...topic=27368.120
shown there with the sim wearing capris under it.
But also undies with shoes designed to go under them http://chalkmetal.livejournal.com/45573.html called a pantless bottom. I could not recall what they were called so went looking, that might help your search. You can also get bottom only dresses which you can layer with a top. Tops either go under or over the top of a bottom only dress. Theses came out in the last few years probably because people were tired of the no swappable shoes.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#17 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking
@pinimon162 - if you don't mind using an aging mod, this is a really good one. You can set it to globally change age spans for all sims or override it for individual sims.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55854#msg155854

@venusking

thanks for the link!

Bustin' Out!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:19 PM
I would love multi tasking , the only single feature from sims 4 I like
Meet Me In My Next Life
#19 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Simonut : 1st Mar 2015 at 8:51 PM.
Sure, we all may want something from the Sims 2 that is missing, but the truth of the matter is we all need to accept what features we have already in the Sims 2 game.
Because Maxis is "not" going to do one single thing more for Sims 2 ( nothing ) we have to be happy with what the Sims 2 do have and be happy.

For in my opinion Sims 2 regardless of what Sims 3 or Sims 4 may have in features that Sims 2 don't have it is "still" by far an excellent Sims game
Otherwise why is it as players are we still playing it at this very late date? Also just look at all the Mods and so many customs Sims 2 have.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 5:05 AM
No one's doubting how amazing TS2 is. But this is pretty much a fantasy thread.

Don't crush our hopes and dreams. ): We have aspiration points too, you know.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
One thing I really miss is the household statistics button that was in the first game. It was nice to know how the family finances have been, and how many Sim days your family has been living on that lot. I'm disappointed that Maxis didn't carry that feature over.

There's something similar to that in TS3. When you put your mouse over the day of the week & time slot, it will tell you what week & day you are on.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 9:39 AM
TS2 is, in my opinion, by far the best Sims game. I haven't had this much fun playing any other Sims game (I was really excited for TS4, but it disappointed me so much - and I didn't care about pools or ghosts that much).

I do like TS3 trait system, though. And I wish Sims recognized a broader range of relatives. Of course, a CAST sistem like TS3 would be really cool too. But I found out that even without these features, TS2 is really fun - Sims have a lot of personality and a lot of great stories. I'm having loads of fun playing premades, and I always thought most premades in later games were kinda dull.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:04 PM
I want to see simulation games in the mmorpg's I play. But everyone thinks of simulation as one thing and fighting mobs another thing. I am not liking the sims look like real life people. Of course I can mod the game to make them elves and such. I can download castles and such. I can get so much medieval custom content to the point where my PC lags to death. But still there is an atmosphere the fantasy based mmorpg's have that sims lacks. There is no fix for this. I want to see the end of urban simulation and the beginning of modable simulation medieval fancy 3d mmorpgs.
Scholar
#24 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 6:34 PM
I've been playing Sims 3 for a month. I like CAST, I like some aspects of the open world, but there's just something irritating about the game play. Wait, I'm talkin about things missing in Sims 2. I would like that CAST, and also more ability to mold the sims' faces and bodies in more detail. I like the more elaborate routing that Sims 3 has, being able to visit other Sims' lots.

And contrary to what LaurellKH says, I would like more urban landscapes! I love apartment buildings, for example (much better than the disappointing one-unit Sims 3 ones)