Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:52 AM
Big Sister Challenge
Big Sister Challenge
Disclaimer: This is an original idea. If it already exists, then let me know and I will put up an original credit.

The Overview: The challenge is to create a family, consisting of one big teenage sister, and a child, of whatever gender you'd like. Unless you have a mod, then you cannot have children alone on a lot, so just add a mother or father and isolate them in a room until they starve to death. The goal is for the bigger sister to earn money and raise her little sibling.

The Rules:
•The teenager must be a female, but the child can be whatever gender you'd like.
•The you must start out with a 20x15 bulldozed (empty) lot.
•The siblings must not interact with anyone else but teenagers and children, no adults or elders, until the older sister grows into an young adult.
•The older sister is not allowed to go to school, but the little sibling can.
•The older sister can have a job, but it's not required, you can make money through hobbies, ie. painting, writing, gardening, etc
•When you start out in the empty lot, you are allowed to spend 6,000 simoleons building and furnishing the house.
•The house must contain the following: 2 bedrooms (one per sibling), 1 kitchen, 1 study (for hobbies and homework), 1 bathroom. If you have remaining money you may spend it on a living area only.
•You may spend 1,000 simoleons building and furnishing a garden, containing at least 2 potter boxes. And leftover simoleons can be used to add more to the garden.
•The lot must be in Oasis Springs
•The Sim Lifespan must be long.
•Must kill the mother or father sim.
•The mother or father is allowed to come back as ghosts and interact with their children.
•You can travel free of charge, but avoid conversation with adults or elders unless the teenager has reached the young adult age.
•The teenager can create relationships, such as lovers and enemies if you choose to do so, but they are not allowed to have children until the teenager turns a young adult.
•You are allowed to move houses if you please, and have the funds.
•The younger sibling may not move out at all, unless he or she dies.

The Bigger Sister:
•Must be a female teenager
•Must have the Big Happy Family aspiration
•Can have any traits

The Little Sibling:
•Can be any gender child
•Can have any aspiration and any traits

The Parent(s):
•You can create only the mother or the father, or both if you desire.
•The parent(s) can have any aspirations of traits.

Have fun with this challenge. If you decide to create a video and upload it, please tag it as TS4 Big Sister Challenge. If you want to use this idea for any other version of the sims, do as you please, just leave credit. Don't forget to create a storyline or plot for why the two siblings are how they are, how their parents died, etc. Remember the rules, and enjoy! If you have any questions comment below.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 2:17 PM
I'm going to do this for sure, as I'm slowly getting bored of normal Sims 4 gameplay :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:30 AM
I really love this idea! Especially with get to work, there are a few more quirks the big sister can use in order to make money! I have started this on my channel, and I tagged it TS4 Big Sister Challenge like you said! I am just absolutely in love with the whole idea! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:21 PM
I'm doing this challenge, but with a twist. You can't do any hobbies or sell any collectibles to make money, so you can only get money from the big sisters job. AND I started them off with only 0 dollars. I guess you could say it'd "hardcore mode".
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:56 PM
I like this challenge I can see myself doing it over and over
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 9:03 PM
I Love Your Challenge.although I Mostly Leave A Challenge In Between ( Always) But,i Think This Time I Will Complete This Challenge
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 9:27 AM
I'm doing this challenge when I get Sim's 4. I am adding a challenge of my own, to never press pause.I think it will make any challenge interesting and I want the teenager to have a different aspiration and a different town.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 4:00 AM
imma do mines with a young adult and a little child seems more fun to me
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:49 PM
You dont have to make a father or mother, I created only the sister and child. Also I deleted the reaming money after building the house and not choosing to build a garden. I am excited to see out this plays out, nice idea, I like the simple rules.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:49 AM
I love the idea of this! I am currently working on the runaway teen challenge which is kind if the same idea but a little different. Instead of the teen caring for her sibling, she is just on her own and has yo survive while trying to age up into a young adult. Very cool challenge though I will have to try!
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 4:37 AM
I just started playing this, it's a lot of fun.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 9:00 PM
How do I get to play the big sister challenge.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 8:51 AM
Could u do more than one sibling e.g. the sister has to look after twins/triplets?
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 8:54 AM
Default Big Bother Challenge
Quote: Originally posted by worstsimmer66
Could u do more than one sibling e.g. the sister has to look after twins/triplets?

Would the same rules apply if I was to do an older brother instead I think this will be more interesting?
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:31 AM
I don't have any room in oasis springs, it's my favorite place.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 9:27 PM
will the same rules apply if you play it in the sims 3 ?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 3:55 PM
Can you make a Sims 2 version of the challenge as well? Will the same rules apply?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 1:38 AM
Several people asked if they could make changes to the challenge. IMO, I think, yes. Why not? You are doing the challenge by yourself, just for the fun of it. You're not entering a contest against other Simmers, so it can't hurt anyone. I'm going to try this challenge. I've only been playing The Sims for almost one year and always ending up using cheats, but this time I'm going to try real hard not to. It gets boring when things get too easy.

Thanks for this great idea, poballa!
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:12 AM
I may have to try this challenge. sounds really fun.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 8:26 PM
I love this challenge and am going to do it. I agree with GingerNana who gave her opinion that yes we can make changes to the challenge. The point of the challenges after all, especially in the Sims 4, is to make the gameplay more enjoyable as well as more challenging. The rule that didn't make sense to me I'll be changing or removing or adding an 'exception' to. Example the rule that teenagers cannot talk to adults and elders. I noticed that you did NOT restrict children from talking to adults and elders. Which doesn't make sense. IF the teenager cannot talk to adults and elders, then neither should the child be able to. IF the child is allowed to talk to adults and elders then the teenager should be allowed to as well. If I do decide to not allow both of them to talk to adults and elders I will have this exception: They are allowed to talk to them only if the adult or elder talks to them first because not doing so may cause suspicion. The other rule that didn't make sense to me was allowing the child to attend school, but not allowing the teenager to attend school. They are living on their own without any adults isn't this why the teenager can't go to school? Well isn't their little sister or brother also not living with any adults? Schools require information of all their students which is why I thought that NOT allowing the teenager to go to school was a smart rule. BUT the school that the child would be attending would also require the same information so allowing the child to attend would not be smart (IMO). So when I play this challenge either both of them will be allowed to attend school or both of them will NOT be allowed to attend school. I'm leaning towards not allowing them to go to school. I'm also changing the 'Big Sister', my big sister does not have to have the big happy family aspiration. She can have any aspiration. She can have any traits EXCEPT THE DISLIKES CHILDREN TRAIT., of course, she'll be female or she wouldn't be a big sister lol.
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 2:30 AM
Just found this and it looks pretty fun. Any chance there can be two younger siblings? Like a child and a baby?
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 5:44 AM
Will there be any exception to the rules were City living is concerned? I think I'm going to try this in City living, but I'm going to move them into 17 or 19 Culpepper house (spice district) unfurnished, minimize their funds to $6,000 to decorate and furnish the apartment as needed. Sounds like a great challenge looking forward to starting it!
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tatumtaylynn
Can you make a Sims 2 version of the challenge as well? Will the same rules apply?

There can't be a Sims 2 version since you have to have at least an adult sim in the family and if they die you get taken to an orphanage.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 3:36 PM
I'm going to definitely do a series on this, also what mod allows them to be on a lot alone??
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:50 AM
Can I make the younger sim a toddler?
Page 1 of 2