Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 2:43 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 19th Feb 2015 at 9:25 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
stupid Error code 12!!
I just reinstalled the sims 3 generations for my sims wedding but when ever I try to save it won't let me due to Error code 12!

before I installed it I just had the base game and late night installed.
The mod I have are:
Nrass over watch
Nrass master controller
Nrass Woo hooer
Nrass career mod
modelling career
Nrass Error Trap

It's really annoying me now because I can't do anything with my sims.
Please can you help me find a way to reduce/get rid of error code 12.
Advertisement
Spice Pony
#2 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:20 PM
How often are you saving? If my understanding is right, error code 12 has a higher chance of popping up the longer your game session has been running.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:34 PM
1 minutes after I loaded the game I saved the game and got error code 12, I did several attempts at saving but kept getting the error code 12
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:47 PM
I had this same problem. This page on the forums had a fix that worked for me.

Scarlett. 15. Sims obsessed. Mermaid at heart.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:48 PM
Hopefully you're using "Save As"?

Also, have you tried going to town view, and moving to some area over mostly vacant terrain, away from a lot of sims/textures? That can sometimes save 200-300 mb of memory.

Finally, you can try a program like Cleanmem and see if that helps (it allows you to flush your system memory). It generally works for me, and allows me to play bloated saves for several hours without any errors.
Spice Pony
#6 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 4:07 PM
Simb0t makes a good point; trying zooming into the ground until you get a monochrome void, and saving then. That's how I do it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
Hopefully you're using "Save As"?

Also, have you tried going to town view, and moving to some area over mostly vacant terrain, away from a lot of sims/textures? That can sometimes save 200-300 mb of memory.

Finally, you can try a program like Cleanmem and see if that helps (it allows you to flush your system memory). It generally works for me, and allows me to play bloated saves for several hours without any errors.

is cleanmem Virus Free?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 7:20 PM
Moving to Help. Please post in Help with game issues, not in Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 7:43 PM
I Installed CleanMem but lost my saved game so I started a new game and I've not had any problems saving yet also My game is not lagging as Much. I'm Going to play some more sims 3 tomorrow and let you know how it's going.

sorry plasticbox.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 7:52 PM
CleanMem has near enough sorted error code 12 but after I reinstalled the sims 3 University I keep getting error code 16 on every second save.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 7:58 PM
I think I only see error code 16s now when I'm particularly low in HDD space.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
I think I only see error code 16s now when I'm particularly low in HDD space.

how do I check how much HDD space I have?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 8:30 PM
I went on "computer", under the sims University symbol it says there is 0 bytes free of 5.20GB

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 9:15 PM
What should I put in the Initial Size?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 9:49 PM
Thanks, I'll try my game again and let you know if it starts to save properly
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 10:19 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 18th Feb 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Went on my game but while I was playing, my game randomly crashed to desktop before I managed to test save it.

Update:
I loaded my game again and the first time I saved, I got error code 12.

Update 2:
After doing what Scarlett O'Awesome my game has started to save again.
Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me sort the issue out.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Ahh.. I just read what Scarlett O'Awesome's link said. It was the work around I mentioned. It was risky to use that for people under 2GB of ram. I am glad that it worked out for you.

Yep, it worked but it takes longer to save which I'm not to bothered about just so long it actually saves.
It probably worked because I changed the virtual memory before I did the work around.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 8:39 PM
Thanks
I've played the game today and not once did I get a Saving error.
Yes, I did make the modification with BCEDIT on the userva for the 3GB. When my game does get bloated can I just redo this method?

Do I Just put the cleaner in the sims 3 folder or do I put it in the mods folder?
Page 1 of 2