Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Small/Neutral Override for Kids’ Ceiling Light

by plasticbox Posted 22nd Feb 2015 at 3:26 AM

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 4:09 AM
Just wonderful!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 8:00 AM
This is very useful. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 8:41 AM
These were the only ceiling lamps that were flush to the ceiling, so now it's great we can have one without a really dumb design on it. I know we could easily avoid seeing the super childish design but... We knew it was there. That's just as bad as seeing it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 1:40 PM
Would it be possible to just make this as a new object without overriding the original default one ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 1:46 PM
Yes, that’s possible. Feel free to re-use my textures if you want to do that; please link to this thread when you upload the result.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 6:38 PM
Oh thank God. Those lights were horribly ugly. I always wanted to use them because of the shape especially for bathrooms but those COLORS! Ick! It's these seemingly small changes that add a nice element to the game. Thanks.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:04 PM
I needed neutral ceiling lamps - Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:59 PM
Thank you - this is so needed!
Is Claeric
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 8:24 PM
While tweaking lamps have you noticed if it's possible to change what color light they default to? Everything defaults to "It's still 2004 Yellow" and it'd be so nice to go in and change them to "Welcome to the future white".
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 8:44 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:05 PM.
Good question about the default light colour – I don’t think that’s in the objects; you might want to look at the tuning XML. Take a look at the OBJD to see which one these are using (I seem to recall the name contains something with “Kid”, so should be easy to find).

Edit; I just checked, this is in the LITE resource, not XML. Should be a very simple edit and since this mod does not contain a LITE, whatever you do would be compatible with it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 7:48 AM
Thank you! These lights were indeed pretty useless.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 7:51 PM
You have no idea how happy this makes me. These lights are absolutely GORGEOUS. Thank you so so so sosoo muchh!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:54 AM
Thanks so much for these, there is a severe lack of decently sized ceiling lights in this game.
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:06 AM
Sweeet.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 2:37 PM
Thanks, another usable ceiling light at last!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:15 PM
Thank you for these! Much needed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:04 AM
Awesome!!! You're such a lifesaver!! XD <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 11:36 AM
Great!! Thank you. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 5:45 PM
Oh, that's what I was looking for. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 7:12 AM
*so useful* Currently I'm using it as a hall light, but its so flexible it could go anywhere! Love it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th May 2016 at 6:13 PM
this is perfect! i feel like i have been missing a good option for a small, cheap neutral light fixture like this, and frankly the stencils etc. didn't add much to the original that i will miss. thank you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 5:39 PM
I've had these in my game awhile and I am suddenly getting an error "script call failed" when trying to buy one for a new house. I just wonders if it's due to recent updates or maybe something I did?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 5:41 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is one item I have missed the most in my game! I hate having huge ceiling lights in bathrooms etc.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:34 PM
Hi, I absolutely LOVE these lights and use them all the time, but since New Game Patch (June 2nd, 2016) these no longer work. Same with a lot of lights. I hope that you could fix these, so my homes can be well lit once again.
Page 1 of 2