Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Functional Maxis Vegetables & Mushrooms (7 plants including fruits)

by Oloriell Posted 25th Feb 2015 at 2:02 AM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:27 AM
Let me be the first to say thank you! I really appreciate all your work on this project. I was wearing my hands out using the cheat, and really Maxis, why do you think that people who want to garden want to go on quests first? Thank you Oloirell for stopping the madness.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:37 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! This amazing, wow, brilliant work, thank you so very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:09 AM
Thanks !!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 8:50 PM
When I try to place any of the plants that have the black option... it says "Script Call Failed" and won't place the plant, even if I select the white or green.
It is as if the black option messes up the object all together. =((
The ones that do not have the black option, those I am able to place fine regardless of the color selected.
I have this problem with the flowers as well, the trees work fine however.
Why is this??

I was a small time creator for TS2.
Just not talented enough yet to create for TS3 or TS4...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SharpeiVampire
When I try to place any of the plants that have the black option... it says "Script Call Failed" and won't place the plant, even if I select the white or green.
The ones that do not have the black option, those I am able to place fine regardless of the color selected.
Why is this??

To say honestly, now I really don't know... I"ve tested them all - all worked. I'll try to ask somebody skilled, what it can be connected with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 5:41 PM
Very handy, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:39 PM
Ok, thanks. I really want them to work =(

I was a small time creator for TS2.
Just not talented enough yet to create for TS3 or TS4...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 10:38 PM Last edited by oleander25 : 5th Mar 2015 at 11:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SharpeiVampire
Why is this??

I had this happen too - with Morel, in this batch. Huckleberry and Elderberry in a different batch and Chamomile and Fireleaf in another batch. I dunno what's going on, but I thought I'd jump in and let you know it isn't just you.

Edited later the same day...
Just realized the ones I have a problem with are supposedly related to Outdoor Retreat, which I don't have. So. Lol. Probably not your same issue, sorry. Hope you work it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:51 AM
To my pity, I didn't receive an answer yet.. but, SharpeiVampire, may be you have the same issue as oleander25?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 10:10 AM
Many thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:11 PM
AHHHH Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 10:39 PM
I was happy to see these because so often I cannot find certain plants I need to recipes, especially the new ones that came with Get To Work. So I planted a bunch of them, watered and evolved them, allowed them to grow and finally harvested them only to not have them work for recipes. Is this a glitch or are they not suppose to be able to be cooked with? Because my Sim needs potatoes to bake something, she has about seven, put half in her fridge, kept half in her inventory but when she goes to bake what I want her too, it still says she needs a potato even though she has a bunch of them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 6:29 AM
Hi great mode thanks! But hey your potato doesn't work,,,it grows but it doesn't let you use it in a recipe...just thought you would like to know. I used your sage had to wait until it was harvestable then had to replant it in order for it to evolve. But it was awesome to not have to go hunt down the sage plant
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 1:00 PM
For some reason all your plants grow and evolve nicely but there is never anything to harvest.
I planted some harvested fruit from another lot and they also have nothing to harvest anymore.
Is this just me - meaning a conflict of some sorts - or is there some bug in these plants?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 9:39 AM
BlindingEchoes, Lamoura, thanks for your replies. I'll try to look, what is the problem with recipes and if I'll face it too.

salmonspringrol, I tried them in-game and they were harvestable May be, another addons conflict with them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:38 PM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:22 AM
thank you so much!!! does any one have a mod for the sims to eat the produce? i cant get a hold of the update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 11:42 PM
Can you make me a RL greenthumb?? THANKS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 4:21 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:35 AM
Thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:15 PM
Yessa! All the times I put on cheats and searched, and searched, and searched, for HOURS, and searched ... It's OVA NOW!!! *begin to cry thankfully*