Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 12:41 AM Last edited by Tazmin1 : 7th Apr 2015 at 8:38 PM. Reason: Typo in Title
Default The Battle Between Roses Challenge
Welcome to the "Battle Between Roses Challenge"! I'd like to start off by mentioning that I created this challenge myself and apologize if there are any similar, also I was inspired to make this challenge by Sims3Copper_fox and Jessamica92! with that out of the way lets kick into the backstory!

Backstory:
Once upon a time, there was a kingdom where a loving king and queen lived. The queen was preparing to be a mother and the whole kingdom was delighted that there would soon be a new heir to the throne! Until...
The queen was alone in the rose garden when the time came for her child to be born, but no one was around to hear her and alone in the garden twin princesses were born. By the time the queen was found she was growing very weak and it was unlikely that she would live. The two baby princess were both lying in seperate rose bushes one red and one white. The baby in the red rose bush was lying in the flowers completely healthy and unharmed, but her sister was trapped in the thorns of the white rose bush and was fairly injured.
The queen did not make it through the night but the baby princesses survived except one was now scarred both physically and soon emotionally.

Welcome to the Battle Between Roses Challenge! (Oops I already said that) your goal in this challenge is to battle with your twin and determine which princess is worthy of owning the kingdom!

CAS:
King: Adult or Elder,
Traits (or similar): grumpy, proper, mean-spirited, and family-oriented
Keep outfits to a rich/medevil style

Red Rose Princess: young adult (or you may start them younger if you wish to play through their childhood)
Make her very beautiful and dress her mainly in red, another suggestion is to name her something similar to rose (Rosy, Rosalina, Rosalie, Rosetta, etc.)
Traits: mean-spirited, snob, proper, over emotional, dramatic
*After being treated as the beautiful princess she is she eventually let it go to her head.

White Rose Princess: Young Adult
Have her wear mostly white, and light colors once again associate her name with a rose
If you have custom content it any other sims 3 items that look like scars please use them, if not use dark colored make-up on her to represent bruises or make her less beautiful than her sister
Traits: Good, friendly, shy, socially awkward, loner
*she has a good heart but often hides herself because of her appearance

Prince (I'll mention him later): young adult
Make him handsome, and of course charming
Traits: Hot-headed, flirty, brave, irresistible

Ok now we have our peeps! Lets progress this story!
After the two princesses had come of age a choice had to be made about which princess would rule. Since nobody knew which princess was born first the decision was left to the king. The king (still depressed from the loss of his queen) decided to hold off the decision. Meanwhile both of the princesses had a thought, they needed to find a way to prove themselves superior to their sibling.
Recently a young prince offered to marry one of the princesses after meeting them, he had been in the castle for awhile but no one had introduced themselves. Both girls decided that the one thing that would persuade their father to choose them would be to grant him a grandson that could carry on his name.

Challenge Time!
You must play equally as both princesses and have a child with the prince, whoever is the first to have a son will rein as queen!

Rules (ugh the boring part)
-every midnight you must switch to the next princess it does not matter who you start on but only play them a day at a time
-you may NOT play as the king or the prince
-you may NOT use apples to influence the babies gender
-you may not read books, listen to kids music, etc, to try for multiples
-this challenge does not involve money so motherlode to your hearts content
-no cheats to boost moods
-nobody in the household may have a job (that's why you motherlode!)

Castle: make sure the princess have seperate rooms, also create the kings and princes room along with a nursery

The challenge is over when one of the princesses bears a son

Note: both princess will be romancing the same prince so make sure you keep your dates off the homelot so that you don't make it harder on yourself

That's about it! I hope you all enjoy it, and leave any questions in the comments!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 9:24 PM
I'm going to test run this challenge I'll note how it goes!
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 12:28 AM
Sounds Cool. I'll give it a try, and BTW, you can find loads of scar makeup for the sims 3.
I'll be sure to post pics.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luna_the_Blood_Queen
Sounds Cool. I'll give it a try, and BTW, you can find loads of scar makeup for the sims 3.
I'll be sure to post pics.

Thanks for the tip! And I would love to see pics
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 5:49 PM
Here's an update on my challenge pics to come!
Princess Rosella (white rose) finally became pregnant with her first child, but is very difficult to work with because of her antisocial traits
Meanwhile Princess Rosaline (red rose) has given birth to a... Baby girl named Yvette but is currently mad at the prince because of her mean-spiritedness
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 4:10 PM
Sounds like a fun challenge! I'll definitely try it soon!
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 1:44 AM
Is it okay if I add a maid or butler to do cooking/housework for the family? I'd only play as her or him for a small bit of the and they'd live on a different part of the lot from everyone else, do you think it would effect the challenge?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guardian_of_Time
Is it okay if I add a maid or butler to do cooking/housework for the family? I'd only play as her or him for a small bit of the and they'd live on a different part of the lot from everyone else, do you think it would effect the challenge?

Originally I wanted to include servants in the challenge but it might make your household too full to have enough children, if you think one of your sims will have a boy early in the challenge or if your game is modded to allow more then 8 sims then I totally agree with including a maid or butler, another option is if you have late night you could hire a butler since they don't join your household
Hope this helps
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tazmin1
Originally I wanted to include servants in the challenge but it might make your household too full to have enough children, if you think one of your sims will have a boy early in the challenge or if your game is modded to allow more then 8 sims then I totally agree with including a maid or butler, another option is if you have late night you could hire a butler since they don't join your household
Hope this helps

Thanks for the recommendation !
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 12:04 PM
Default Help
How do I post challenges plz help(and I will try this)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simcrafter
How do I post challenges plz help(and I will try this)

Sure thing,
Go to the top of the sims challenges page and choose the green "post new thread" link
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:14 PM
Ok Just finished making my king and queen. I though I should play through the backstory as well :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyFrench
Ok Just finished making my king and queen. I though I should play through the backstory as well :3

That's a fun idea! It might be a little difficult to get twins though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:13 PM
I wanna thank all of you guys for over A THOUSAND views that's unbelievable that my dorky little challenge got viewed so many times :')
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 2:50 PM
Update on my challenge again!
Princess Rosella finally had her baby and it was a.... Girl! Again! This time named Adaline
The prince and princess Rosaline made up and Rosaline is pregnant with her second child possibly a boy???
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:42 PM
i am starting this right now. im so excited!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:05 PM
[QUOTE=Autumnkay]i am starting this right now. im so excited![/QUOTE
Yay! Let me know what you think
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tazmin1
Update on my challenge again!
Princess Rosella finally had her baby and it was a.... Girl! Again! This time named Adaline
The prince and princess Rosaline made up and Rosaline is pregnant with her second child possibly a boy???

In my challenge Princess Rosaline had her second girl named Charlotte leaving a household of seven sims! Princess Rosella manages to get pregnant a secon time and is currently our last hope for a boy until we an move someone out
(Sorry there's no picture I can't seem to get them downloaded)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 5:32 PM Last edited by lauren.simmer : 19th Apr 2015 at 7:51 PM.
Name suggestions
here is a few name suggestions that mean rose

heres a link for the country : http://www.alternativebabynames.com...es_meaning_rose

Akasma - white climbing rose (perfet for white princess)
Amsden - from the ambroses valley
Kalika - rosebud
Kalyca - rosebud
Lokelani - heavenly rose
Raisa - rose
Raizel - rose
Rasine - a rose
Rhoda - rosy, roses
Rhodanthe - flower of the rose bush
Rhoswen - white rose (perfet for white princess)
Roosevelt - field of roses
Ros -pretty rose (perfet for red princess)
Rosalba- white rose (perfet for white princess)
Rosalia - Garlands
Rosalinda- pretty rose (perfet for red princess)
Rosalyn - pretty rose (perfet for red princess)
Rosanne-gracious rose
Rose - rose bush
Roseanne - Rose and Anne
Roselani - eavenly rose
Rosie - rose bush
Rosine- little rose
Roz- pretty rose (perfet for red princess)
Shoshana- rose

i hope this helped if you need any names
btw i am trying this challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 9:43 PM
Wow these are some great names thanks for sharing those! Thank for trying my challenge too and I'm curious as to what you named your princesses now so feel free to share
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 6:34 AM
I think it would be confusing to name both princesses after roses, so I looked up a list of names that mean white.

These are from http://www.20000-names.com/

AERONWEN: Welsh name popularly translated aeron "berries" and gwen "white," yielding "white berries," but the first element is more likely to have come from the name of a Celtic goddess of war, Aeron, meaning "carnage, slaughter," hence "white slaughter."
ALBINA: Feminine form of English Albin, meaning "like Albus," i.e. "white."
ALVA: Anglicized feminine form of Irish Gaelic unisex Ailbhe, possibly meaning "white." Compare with another form of Alva.
BARDHYL: Albanian name meaning "white star."
BIANCA: Italian form of French Blanche, meaning "white."
BIANKA: Hungarian form of French Blanche, meaning "white."
BLANCA: Spanish form of French Blanche, meaning "white."
BLANCH: English variant spelling of French Blanche, meaning "white."
BLANCHE: French name meaning "white."
BLANCHEFLEUR: Variant spelling of French Blancheflour, meaning "white flower." In Arthurian legend, this was the name of the sweetheart of Perceval in Chrétian de Troyes' Perceval, le Conte du Graal.
BLANCHEFLOR: Old French and Middle English form of French Blancheflour, meaning "white flower."
BLANCHEFLOUR: French Arthurian legend name from Flores and Blancheflour, a popular romantic poem from the Middle Ages. Blancheflour was Tristan's mother, known as the "white flower" of the House of Cornwall. She was the daughter of King Felix, sister to King Mark of Cornwall, and wife to Rivalen, Lord of Armenye.
BLANKA: Czech and Polish form of French Blanche, meaning "white."
BLODWEN: Welsh name meaning "white flower."
BRANCA: Galician-Portuguese form of French Blanche, meaning "white."
CANDIDA: English name derived from Latin candida, meaning "clear and white," like pure quartz rather than the whiteness of milk. George Bernard Shaw used this name for his 1895 play of the same name.
CONDWIRAMUR: Cornish form of French Blanchefleur, meaning "white flower." In Arthurian legend, this is the name of a guardian of the Grail and wife of Percival.
CONDWIRAMURS: Variant spelling of Cornish Condwiramur, meaning "white flower."
EIRWEN: Welsh name composed of the elements eira "snow" and (g)wen "fair, holy, white," hence "snow white."
FENELLA: Scottish Anglicized form of Irish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FINELLA: Scottish Anglicized form of Irish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FINNGUALA: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FINOLA: Anglicized form of Irish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FINUALA: Anglicized form of Irish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FIONNAGHAL: Variant spelling of Scottish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FIONNAGHUALA: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FIONNGHUALA: Gaelic name composed of the elements fionn "fair, white" and guala "shoulder," hence "white shoulder." In Irish mythology, this is the name of one of the children of Lir who were turned into swans for 900 years.
FIONNUALA: Modern form of Irish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FIONOLA: Anglicized form of Scottish Gaelic Fionnghuala, meaning "white shoulder."
FLORA: Anglicized form of Scottish Gaelic Fionnaghal, meaning "white shoulder." Compare with another form of Flora.
GAENOR: Welsh form of English Gaynor, meaning "white and smooth."
GAURI (गौर&#2368: Hindi name meaning "white." In mythology, this is the name of the wife of Shiva, a goddess of longevity and marital felicity.
GAVINA: Scottish feminine form of Celtic Gavin, meaning either "May hawk" or "white hawk."
GAYNOR: Medieval English form of French Guinevere, possibly meaning "white and smooth." Compare with masculine Gaynor.
GENERYS: Medieval Welsh name, probably meaning "white lady."
GENNA: Variant spelling of Latin Jenna, meaning "white and smooth." Compare with another form of Genna.
GOWRI: Variant spelling of Hindi Gauri, meaning "white."
GUENDOLEN: Variant spelling of Welsh Gwendolen, meaning "white ring."
GUINEVERE: French form of Welsh Gwenhwyvar, possibly meaning "white and smooth." In Arthurian legend, this is the name of the queen consort of King Arthur, best remembered for her love affair with Arthur's chief knight Lancelot.
GWEN: Welsh name derived from the word gwen, meaning "fair, holy, white." Also used as a short form of longer names containing gwen.
GWENDOLEN: Welsh name composed of the elements gwen "fair, holy, white" and dolen "bow, ring," hence "white bow" or "white ring." In mythology, this is the name of King Locrine's wife.
GWENDOLINE: Variant spelling of Welsh Gwendolen, meaning "white bow" or "white ring."
GWENDOLYN: Variant spelling of Welsh Gwendolen, meaning "white bow" or "white ring."
GWENEVERE: English variant spelling of French Guinevere, meaning "white and smooth."
GWENGWYVAR: Welsh form of French Guinevere, the Arthurian legend name of Gwenhwyvach's sister, possibly composed of the elements gwen "fair, holy, white" and hwyfar "smooth, soft," hence "white and smooth." There are other possibilities. It may come from Proto-Celtic *vindo-siabraid, meaning "white phantom." Or, the names of the sisters may mean "Gwenhwy the Great" (Gwenhwy-vawr) and "Gwenhwy the Less" (Gwenhwy-vach). Gwenhwyvach and Gwenhwyvar did not get along well together; Triad 84 of the Culhwch states that the Battle of Camlann was caused by the enmity between the two sisters. Triad 53 lists the slap that Gwenhwyvach gave Gwenhwyvar as one of the "Three Harmful Blows of the Island of Britain." And Triad 54 describes how Mordred raided Arthur's court and threw Gwenhwyvar to the ground and beat her.
GWENHWYVAR: Original Welsh form of French Guinevere, possibly composed of the elements gwen "fair, holy, white" and hwyfar "smooth, soft," hence "white and smooth."
GWENN: Variant spelling of Welsh Gwen, meaning "fair, holy, white."
GWYNEIRA: Welsh name composed of the elements gwyn "fair, holy, white" and eira "snow," hence "white as snow."
HAUKEA: Hawaiian name composed of the elements hau "snow" and kea "white," meaning "snow white."
JEN: Short form of English Jennifer, meaning "white and smooth."
JENAE: Pet form of English Jennifer, meaning "white and smooth."
JENELLE: Elaborated form of English Jen, meaning "white and smooth."
JENESSA: Elaborated form of English Jen, meaning "white and smooth."
JENI: Variant spelling of English Jenny, meaning "white and smooth."
JENIFER: Variant spelling of English Jennifer, meaning "white and smooth."
JENN: Variant spelling of English Jen, meaning "white and smooth."
JENNA: Pet form of English Jennifer, meaning "white and smooth."
JENNI: Variant spelling of English Jenny, meaning "white and smooth." Compare with another form of Jenni.
JENNICA: Elaborated form of English Jen, meaning "white and smooth."
JENNIE: Variant spelling of English Jenny, meaning "white and smooth."
JENNIFER: English form of French Guinevere, meaning "white and smooth."
JENNY: Pet form of English Jennifer, meaning "white and smooth."
JINNY: Scottish form of English Jenny, meaning "white and smooth." Compare with another form of Jinny.
LIBNAH (לִבְנָ&#1492: Hebrew name meaning "whiteness, transparency," In the bible, this is the name of a city captured by Joshua.
LIVNAH (לִבְנָ&#1492: Variant spelling of Hebrew Libnah, meaning "whiteness, transparency." In the bible, this is the name of a city captured by Joshua.
LIVNATH (לִבְנַ&#1514: Variant form of Hebrew Livnah ("whiteness, transparency"), meaning "Belus, glass," from the sand of which glass was first made by the Phoenicians." In the bible, this is part of the name of a river, Shihor-libnath, which flows into the sea.
LOTUS: English name derived from the flower name, from Latin lotus, from Greek lotos, a name for various kinds of plants before it came to designate the Egyptian "white lotus." The Greek word may ultimately come from Hebrew lowt, meaning "covering, veil."
MISAE: Native American Osage name meaning "white sun."
MOSWEN: Egyptian name meaning "white."
NERYS: Modern Welsh name, probably derived from Old Welsh Generys, meaning "white lady."
NUALA: Short form of Irish Gaelic Fionnuala, meaning "white shoulder."
PTAYSANWEE: Native American Sioux name meaning "white buffalo."
RIM (ري&#1605: Arabic name meaning "white antelope."
SACNITE: Mayan Nahuatl name meaning "white flower."
TUYET: Vietnamese name meaning "snow white."
WINTER: English name derived from the season name, "winter." The word may derive from Proto-Indo-European *wind-, meaning "white."
ZURIÑE: Feminine form of Basque Zuri, meaning "white."
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 6:37 AM
And a few girl names meaning red:

ADAMINA: Scottish feminine form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."
ADAMINE: Scandinavian feminine form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."
ADAMINNA: Variant spelling of Scottish Adamina, meaning "earth" or "red."
AKANE (&#33564: Japanese name meaning "brilliant red."
BURGUNDY: English name derived from the wine name, from the name of a place in France which got its name from Latin Burgundiones, literally meaning "highlanders." May also sometimes be given as a color name.
GORRIA: Feminine form of Basque Gorri, meaning "red."
HAZE: Short form of Old English Hazel, meaning "reddish-brown" or "hazel tree."
HAZEL: Old English name meaning "reddish-brown" or "hazel tree." The tree was so-named for the hazel color of its ripe hazel-nuts.
KAMALA (कमल&#2366: Feminine form of Hindi Kamal, meaning "red."
MEOQUANEE: Native American Cheyenne name meaning "wears red."
RUBY: English name derived from the name of the precious stone, from Latin ruber, meaning "red." This is the birthstone for July. Compare with masculine Ruby.
RUBYE: Variant spelling of English Ruby, meaning "red" or "ruby."
RUFINA: Feminine form of Roman Rufinus, meaning "red-haired."
SANUYE: Native American Miwok name meaning "red cloud at sundown."
SCARLET: English color name meaning "scarlet red." Compare with another form of Scarlet.
SCARLETT: English occupational surname for a "dyer" or "seller of fabrics," transferred to forename use, derived from Old French escarlate, meaning "scarlet cloth."
SHIHONG (士&#24344: Chinese name meaning "the world is red."
SIENA: Variant spelling of English Sienna, meaning "reddish-orange."
SIENNA: English name derived from the vocabulary word sienna, meaning "reddish-orange."
TALUTAH: Native American Sioux name meaning "blood-red."
XIAO-HONG (晓&#32418: Chinese name meaning "red dawn."
YEGHNIG: Armenian name meaning "hind; red deer."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:46 PM
There's a TON of great name suggestions, thanks to you guys who shared them I love the idea of matching the names with their colors! <3
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 11:23 PM
I'm definitely going to be doing this challenge when possible.
😜
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kulegirl
I'm definitely going to be doing this challenge when possible.
😜

Yay! I would love to see some pics if you ever get the chance :D
Page 1 of 2