Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:02 AM
Default Grilled Cheese Aspiration
I've never really seen a thread about this on MTS, so I decided to make a thread about it.
What are your opinions on the Grilled Cheese Aspiration, and additionally, Natasha Una?
---
I think it can be really fun to play occasionally, though I've never used it seriously. I do play Natasha Una sometimes, as I find her to be the most interesting sim in Desiderata Valley, compared to the other bland families.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:13 AM
I've played them a few times, but making them eat 200 grill cheese sandwiches looses it's flavour after awhile.
I quite enjoyed the asylum challenge I did with my simself as the controllable with Grill cheese aspiration. I figured she wouldn't have to leave for work that way while filling her goal of being perma platt. Of course I hadn't banked on all those inmates stealing my sandwiches either to eat or wash up-the splitters.

Don't know who Natasha Una is as I don't play pre-mades. Pretty sure Desiderata Valley was one of the first pre-made hoods I removed from the game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:27 AM
I play them a little but while they add flavor to my game I only play with a very small number of them. Sometimes I play them as a little eccentric but still normal sims but normally I play hoods based on a few loosely defined religions and when I have a very enthusiastic grilled cheese sim they normally start a cheese cult and worship the cheesy goodness which is always fun as long as I have plenty of other households to have some normalcy. I don't think I've ever made it to the ltw but I think they make a nice change to play.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 7:00 AM
I rarely used it as secondary aspiration (usually to get up the perks and write the restaurant guides) but sometimes switched a sim's personality with that orb after a few aspiration failures ('After that last kitchen fire, Mommy acts a bit strange but I'm sure if we are all nice to her, she'll be fine soon. Now eat that @#!$ sandwich!'). It's a great aspiration to get the mood from red to platinum fast but I usually get bored after a few days and 'cure' them.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 8:59 AM
I never play them, ever. When I've played Natasha Una, I change her aspiration to something else. I can see how the developers thought that the idea of a grilled cheese Sim would be hilarious, and it was, for about thirty seconds. Then that shit got old real fast. Now my hoods are all a happy grilled-cheese-free zone.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 9:51 AM
I think of the grilled cheese aspiration as a curse that may befall a Sim who misuses that ReNuYuSenso Orb thing. It's never happened to any of my Sims. Come to think of it none of them has risked using the ReNuYuSenso Orb! The only aspiration rewards my Sims really use are the money trees and the love tubs, because they don't have any really bad effects if you use them below gold aspiration. Nearly everybody gets a love tub eventually. True, they might look a bit tacky, but who's going to say anything if everybody's got one?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:15 AM
I've changed Natasha's aspiration with the ReNuYuSenso Orb thing once. Any aspiration is fine with me except the Grilled Cheese one. There will be no Sim in my hoods with an aspiration like that. (You can change it with the Simblender and the Batbox too). Yet, until I could change her aspiration, it helped a lot when her second aspiration was knowledge - at least she wanted to gain skills at times and that made her quite happy.

@AndrewGloria - hehe
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:26 AM
I love playing Natasha Una, but she's my only grilled cheese Sim right now. I usually give her a secondary aspiration - knowledge or family, I'm not sure which one she has this time around though. But then again most of my Sims have second aspirations no matter which one is their first, as it makes them less one-dimensional.

Right now in my game, she's freshly married to Vidcund Curious. On the wedding night though, instead of having some fun time with his wife, Vidcund went stargazing and got abducted by aliens. He returned in the morning and the x-ray (err, I mean, Sim Blender ) says he's expecting twins. That looks like they're in for a handful though now that I think of it, Natasha might have a family secondary aspiration so she'll surely want kids herself too. I want her to have kids too, as she has a pretty face and both she and Vidcund have recessive hair colors :lovestruc I love breeding Sims with recessive genes with each other.
Theorist
#9 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:30 AM
On the rare occasions where I have a zombie, they are Grilled Cheese sims. (It's an obsession with something edible, okay?) Other than that, I don't use it much because as a full-time thing it gets boring. I may try it as a secondary aspiration now that I have Free Time, though, if that's possible.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:44 AM
Since I use a Sim's OTH to indicate their aspiration; Sims with Cuisine as their OTH will get the Grilled Cheese aspiration as their primary aspiration, and will get a Family secondary, just to increase the range of wants and fears those sims get since the Grilled Cheese aspiration's wants and fears are quite limited.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
On the rare occasions where I have a zombie, they are Grilled Cheese sims. (It's an obsession with something edible, okay?) Other than that, I don't use it much because as a full-time thing it gets boring. I may try it as a secondary aspiration now that I have Free Time, though, if that's possible.

In that case it would be totally awesome to mod it to a grilled brains aspiration.

I use GC every now and again - I regard it as someone who is food-obsessed

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 12:26 PM
I have yet to have one, but I plan to, soonish. It'll be a fortune Sim with an empire of businesses who has a little mishap and ends up obsessed with grilled cheese, upon which he'll sell all his businesses and start a grilled cheese franchise, and live out his days in cheesy goodness.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 12:30 PM
I think this Grilled Cheese aspiration is a form of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), and any Sim suffering from it ought to see the Therapist. As soon as possible!

I wonder if anyone has made a playable Therapist. (We don't want to mess with the game's own built-in Therapist because he's an object Sim, and therefore game-breaking to make selectable.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#14 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 12:42 PM
I think someone has, but I'm not sure where...

Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 12:51 PM
I roll for secondary aspiration, so my sims have a one-in-six chance of getting a grilled cheese secondary. It can get old when it takes over the wants panel completely, but I can always just send them on a date or something to get new wants to roll up. I think of the aspiration not as a sign of mental issues - well, except in special cases - but more of a longing for 'the simple life.' No fancy restaurants for them, just a good old grilled cheese sandwich shared with good company! (Also, the way two grilled cheese sims greet each other is hilarious.)

The only time I'll give a sim a grilled cheese primary is if they roll up Eat 200 GCS as their LTW. (I always give my new teens a secondary aspiration right away, so sometimes they get a LTW from their secondary.) I'm not doing that one without the LTA perk to conjure GC, which is the highest perk and therefore unreachable unless GC is the primary, so I'll just send them to the Re-Nu-Yu orb to switch their primary and secondary aspirations around.
Instructor
#16 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 1:28 PM
I like having an extra aspiration option, even if it is a little quirky. I tend to interpret all the aspirations pretty broadly - by this I mean that my knowledge sims have a range of sub-types that they might fall into e.g. a loner bookworm who conducts research and writes novels all day, an explorer type who goes out hiking and collecting bugs, butterflies, and fish to study, a dreamer type who cloud-watches and stargazes and is more of a philosopher, or a creative type who is constantly dancing, serenading, painting, crafting...

so with grilled cheese I think the same system applies. They might be an utter foodie who has a passion for cuisine and hosting dinner parties or entering cookery contests, or a sim in university who is super lazy with cooking and can only make grilled cheese, or just a really eccentric sim who writes books and is considered an expert on grilled cheese haha

Bustin' Out!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:39 PM
It's strange, when I play Natasha Una (my only grilled cheese sim) I would've thought I would get bored, because when I think about it whenever I play her I just do the same things day in, day out, more or less. But, at the same time, I kinda like her as a character. She's quite quirky. She's currently pregnant with Connor Weir's baby - so I've let her eat as much as she wants, though I usually let her do that anyway. Her adopted son has never eaten anything that wasn't grilled cheese. I catch the poor boy stuffing his face in the fridge between meals all the time.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:49 PM
I like the grilled cheese aspiration. I don't give it to a Sim often, but it's nice. Want fulfilling is not a big part of my gameplay anyway, so I'm not that bothered by the similar wants.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:52 PM
I use the teleporter bush to move townies in and give them this aspiration and then move them back to townie status. A few of my sims have this as their second aspiration, just because I love grilled cheese, lol..
Meet Me In My Next Life
#20 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 8:55 PM
How do one get this aspiration of Grilled Cheese ? Or have do I get it I would like to try it on my nerd Sims, I have never had it at all in all the years I'll been playing.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#21 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 9:06 PM
If you have Free Time, you can choose it from the screen when your sim ages up. If you do not have Free Time (which your profile says you don't), you can use the Renu-U Senso Orb that came with Uni and maybe a small cheat.

1. Get your sim into red aspiration however you like. I like to use "setaspriationlevel -2" but you can just fulfill a bunch of fears if you'd rather.
2. Use the asipration changing orb. It doesn't matter what aspiration you choose; if your sim is in the red, there's a very good chance that it won't work and they will become a Grilled Cheese sim instead. (If it does work, just try again. I never needed more than three goes with a sim in the red, and sometimes I got Grilled Cheese first time.)

If you don't have Free Time, you won't get some things that people are talking about here, specifically the ability to summon grilled cheese from thin air, to paint grilled cheese, or to greet other Grilled Cheese sims in a special way. You will get the rest of the effect though. Also, two Grilled Cheese sims will ALWAYS have three bolts romantically.

Scholar
#22 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 9:25 PM
I like having Grilled Cheese secondary Sims, as it adds variety, increases the repertoire of bad cooks and makes a change from the sometimes overdramatic Sims I sometimes get. No matter how stressed I feel, it's always easy to comprehend the thinking of a Sim whos' all grilled cheese all the time.

I dislike Grilled Cheese primary because suddenly it becomes easy to get everyone to cook grilled cheese (unrealistic when other Sims probably want to eat the occasional salad or jelly!), though if I get a Sim in that state, I keep them that way.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:56 PM
Martin Ruben always gets a secondary of grilled cheese. I find his primary is strong enough that it comes through anyway. To qualify for a secondary of grilled cheese for me in regular play, the sim has to have a cuisine hobby, but a few of them are enough. I generally don't do it as a primary because I don't use aspiration rewards in regular play.

If you need a permaplat sim for a reason (say, an apocalypse founder), it's one that's fairly easy to do in university. Especially if you give them the summon grilled cheese aspiration perk and send them to a coffee shop that's off campus. (Stop the campus clock, energy source.) It's an extremely powerful secondary aspiration for any apocalypse sim after Culinary is lifted: very easy to keep the sim platinum for promotions.

I like to make one asylum non-playable a grilled cheese sim. It gives me a full seven aspirations among my non-playables. It does require a bit of cheating (by controlling the sim) to get it, but I figure that's 30 seconds at the very beginning of play and hardly counts.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 1:08 AM
Sometimes, I add grilled cheese as a secondary aspiration... nothing wrong with a man who longs for a nice, fresh baked, slice of grilled cheese?
Theorist
#25 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 5:19 PM
Usually I give this aspiration to sims who're supposed to be wrong in the head. Make them a werewolf, to boot, and you'll have a sim with obsessive food-related wishes howling at the moon and socializing with local dogs. It doesn't get more nutty than that.
Page 1 of 2