Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Items Recategorized

by porphyria259 Posted 21st Mar 2015 at 1:48 AM - Updated 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:25 PM by porphyria259 : update to files & pics

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 2:07 AM
Perfect! This makes me VERY happy. I'm a bit OCD too and that cluttered deco was driving me nuts.
Deceased
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 2:13 AM
This should make compatible decor much easier to find, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:38 AM
yay! thank you I loveeee this!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:55 PM
I have OR--do I need ALL THREE files?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:07 PM
I am waiting for the Categorizer we had for Sims2, made great use of that. Meanwhile, thanks for this....I get very tired of searching in every redecorating project for "toilet tissue" etc.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:07 AM
Merci beaucoup pour ton travail, c'est une très bonne idée car c'est vrai que ça n'est pas du tout facile de s'y retrouver... Par contre, je n'ai pas compris, il faut installer les 3 fichiers s'il te plait?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:45 AM
Nice. Hope you will support these kind of mods for a long time. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM Last edited by megglass87 : 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:00 PM. Reason: clicked the wrong button!
Unfortunately, this mod made my game freeze up when I went into build mode and I couldn't even move without it stopping. I probably have a mod that conflicts. I'm glad no one else is having trouble!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megglass87
Unfortunately, this mod made my game freeze up when I went into build mode and I couldn't even move without it stopping. I probably have a mod that conflicts. I'm glad no one else is having trouble!

I'm not sure...all I did was create an override for the Object Catalog Resource. I'm sorry you are having troubles, I'll double check and if anything looks off I'll update the files. Thanks for the feedback!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
I have OR--do I need ALL THREE files?

You'll need to download each file individually. For example if you have the basegame and the holiday gifts, you'll want to download those two packages and install both of them.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:51 AM
Does this need updating
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 7:10 AM
Thanks for the great work on the recats! Any chance you are working on the new expansion pack, Get to Work? ;-P
Thanks again!
P-
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 6:26 AM
Default Compatible w/ All Current EA Packs?
I really want to use your recat mods but am hesitant b/c you indicated we need each individual mod package (ie, base, holiday, etc.) for all items to show up. Please let us know if these mods will automatically pull in and properly categorize content from new EA add-ons and game packs (GTW, Spa Day, etc.) or will you have to post an update each time EA puts out new content?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:36 AM
a lot of thanks